Arthur Pendragon x reader fluff

Hey guys, here's something I've been working on for a hot minute. Thought everyone would appreciate some Arthur for the soul. Hope you enjoy!

It was late in the evening when Arthur Pendragon trudged back up to his shared chambers with you, his wife, after a long day of doing paperwork he had missed out on doing while he was on a mission in Droves. He was close to most, if not all, of the castle staff, and he of course had Merlin, his mage, but Arthur cherished and loved you. You were his wife, his queen, his everything honestly. He cared deeply about you, and he would do anything he could to see you smile. You were a woman of simple things, and it didn't take much to make you happy in life. Of course, that didn't stop your husband from planning things like dates that were very expensive, but that was because he loved to spoil you. You were currently in bed reading, having picked up a romance novel from the royal library earlier today. You heard the door to your shared chambers open to reveal your husband, his messy ginger hair the first thing that caught your gaze. His orchid eyes met yours as he gazed down at you lovingly. "I have nothing to do for the rest of the day, and I don't have anything to do tomorrow." he said, a soft smile on his face as he spoke. You had marked the page you were reading in your book, setting the novel down on the bedside table before getting out of the bed and walking over to Arthur. You practically fell into his chest, his arms keeping you upright and supported as you hugged him tightly. You sighed softly as your husband looked down at you worriedly. "(Y-Y/N), are you alright?" he asked, causing you to nod softly before looking up at him, a loving smile on your face. You had missed him while he was away last week, and he had returned yesterday, only to be swamped by paperwork from different things that needed his attention, while you waited for him to finish what needed to be done around the kingdom. Even so, you still had longed to be with him, to have him hold you close like he was now, and you loved it. Arthur walked you over to the bed and sat down with you, worry now clouding his gaze as he looked at you. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked, causing you to look over at him. "I missed you while you were away, that's all." you said, resting your head on his shoulder. He pulled you into a hug, resting his head on top of yours. "I'm sorry that I've been busy lately. I've been trying to make sure things are alright around the castle, but with the paperwork, and the meetings in other kingdoms, and-" you cupped his face in your hands, silencing him. "I know, it's a lot. But I still would love it if I could spend some time with you while you worked. Things can get rather lonely here all by myself, you know." you said, causing him to nod as you leaned in and gently kissed him, staying like that for a little bit before separating from him. "How about we relax for the rest of the day, you look so exhausted that I'm starting to get tired." you said, unclasping his cape from his armor. He nodded, heaving a deep sigh as he started to unclasp his armor. "I'd like that a lot." he said, his voice almost a whisper as he spoke. After his armor was hung on its stand, you and Arthur got under the covers and laid down, with you resting on his chest as one of his hands played with your hair, massaging your scalp. You snuggled into the warmth he provided, tucking your head into his chest. You closed your eyes, and found yourself drifting off to sleep. Arthur looked down and saw that you had fallen asleep on his chest before blowing out the candle on the nightstand and closing his eyes, drifting off to sleep with you by his side.