Arthur x chubby! insecure! reader

Hey guys, this was a request from @JamaicaDane2. Hope you enjoy!

You looked at your reflection in the mirror and frowned slightly, seeing how your figure looked in the form fitting dress you had on. Tonight, you were supposed to go on a date with Arthur, your husband of a little over a year now, but you were spending so much time looking in the mirror that you didn't notice the time flying quickly. You heard a knock on the door and made sure your hair was brushed properly before you went to the door to your chambers and opened it, smiling when you saw Arthur. He had on a (F/C) button up shirt to match your dress and a pair of black pants to go with it. You smiled as your husband wrapped his arms around your waist, holding you close as he spoke. "You look gorgeous tonight." he said, causing you to hug him tighter than before. The two of you didn't have reservations tonight, so you both could stay at the castle, and that was what you desperately wanted to do. Arthur noticed you tightly gripping the back of his shirt, and looked down to see your melancholy expression. Despite being called naive and innocent, Arthur was no fool, and knew you were having one of your insecure days. He sighed before cupping your face in his hands and pressing his forehead against yours. "(Y/N), would you please look up at me for a second?" he asked, causing you to smile up at him, but he knew better, and realized quickly that you were faking it. "So it's one of those days today, isn't it?" he asked, causing you to try to tell him no, but he stopped you by raising his hand to silence you. "Don't try to lie to me, I can tell. You usually talk a lot more when you're having a good day, and you keep to yourself more often than not on days like this. Besides, it looks like it's going to rain later tonight, so why don't you," he kissed you on the forehead, "get dressed in something more comfortable, and we can go read in the library instead, alright?" he asked, now gently running his fingers through your hair. "Ok." you mumbled after a few minutes, walking back to your room to get dressed in your nightgown. Once you had changed, you walked to the library and saw Arthur sitting in his favorite place on one of the royal library's comfortable couches. You couldn't have moved fast enough, and in seconds, you were at the couch, about to sit beside your husband, but were pulled into his lap at the last second. Your face turned red as you looked back at Arthur, who was reading a book. After a few minutes, he called for one of the maids to bring the two of you some (F/T) tea, and set the book down after putting a bookmark on the page he was reading. He then turned his attention to you, gently taking your hair into his hands, he started to braid it, making sure he wasn't accidentally pulling any of it. After he was done, he started to gently massage your shoulders, making sure that what he was doing didn't make you uncomfortable in any way. When the tea arrived, Arthur picked you up and set you down beside him on the couch, carefully preparing the tea just the way you liked it. He then handed it to you and made sure you liked it. "Just because I'm the king doesn't mean that I have to constantly focus on work and politics. Merlin told me that when I first started to govern over the kingdom. She said that I should take breaks every now and then to relax and recollect my thoughts, and to make sure my emotional and mental states were in check as well. It's alright that you get insecure, (Y/N), everyone does, but when you don't tell me that you need time for yourself, that's when it becomes a problem." he said, holding you close as he spoke. You had been crying into his shoulder for a few minutes before pulling away and looking up at your husband. "Thank you for this." you whispered, causing him to nod softly before peppering your face with gentle kisses. "I love you." Arthur mumbled as he hugged you tightly, causing you to hug him back. You were both made aware of the fact that the time was midnight when the clock struck twelve in the morning. "I still have a lot of stuff to do, and I would prefer it if I did that with a clear head tomorrow, so how about we go and get some sleep, alright?" he advised, causing you to nod softly before getting up and following him back to bed, tea cup in hand as you did so. Once you both got to the bedroom, you got in the bed and faced each other laying down. You smiled as Arthur pulled you close once more before he closed his eyes and fell asleep, with you following soon after. You closed your eyes and snuggled deeper into the warmth your husband provided, drifting off peacefully, your doubts and insecurities comforted by Arthur.