ᕼᗴᒪᒪO ՏTᖇᗩᑎᘜᗴᖇ!(I)

It was dark,the sky was overcasted,Anubhav's car was running through the lonely highway connecting Lucknow-Kanpur.He was humming a tune while driving when his eyes fell on a figure walking by the side of the highway.By the light of the car's headlight he could tell that it was a girl,her long hairs were reaching upto her waist and she was carrying a bagpack with her.

"Itni raat ko yeh kon hain iss sunsaan highway par?!"He murmured to himself and pressed the accelerator to reach upto the lady.

Anubhav pressed the brake when he reached her side..The girl looked at him....Her body language spoke that she got concious due to his sudden appearance.

"Kon hain aap itni raat ko iss sunsaan highway par akele kya kar rahi hain?"He questioned rolling down the car's window.

"Hum akele nahi hain.."the girl replied firmly.

"Dekhiye Devi peshe se hum ek psychologist hain...logo ka jhoot pakadna humare liye koi badi baat nahi hain...aap ghabraiyye mat hum koi galat insaan nahi hain...parantu aapka iss tarah sadak pe ghumna safe nahi hain.koi madat chahiye aapko?"He said softly.

"Humne self defense ki training li hui hain so thanks for your concern par ab aap jaa sakte hain."She said turning her face to the other side.She was trying to be brave but deep inside she knew that it was really an impulsive decision to leave house at this odd hour but again she couldn't tolerate the people in that house for a single more second.

Meanwhile the clouds rumbled and rainfall started,she held her bagpack above her head.She was feeling helpless now.

"Gaadi k bhitar aajaiye...warna iss thand k mousam mein bhig gayi toh bimar padna tai hain."

HM was cursing her fate,it was late October she couldn't let herself catch pneumonia by getting drenched in rain..She sat inside the car silently.
Anubhav turned on the dim yellow light of the car.Now he could see her properly.She was wearing a blue denim top with white jeans,her long hairs were a bit dishevelled.Her deep amber eyes were looking tired,the Kohl there was smudged from corners which he assumed was due to crying.

"Kya dekh rahe hain?"She asked Anubhav.

"Kuch nahi...toh chalein?"He asked.

"Kahan?"she asked back.

"Kahan matlab! Jahan aapko Jana hain waha..baitaiye apni manzil hum apko chhod denge."He said starting the ignition.

She remained silent for a moment..she didn't knew what to answer,her destination was anywhere in the world away from her so called family.

"Kya hua bataiyye."He said bringing her out of her trance.

"Aap hume yeh highway paar Kara dijiye bas...phir hum khud chale jayenge."She said firmly but he caught the hidden nervousness in her voice.
He didn't say anything further and started driving.After few minutes he spoke..

"Naam kya hain aapka?"He asked.

"Haseena...Haseena Malik."

"Hum hain Anubhav Singh.Peshe se psychologist hain aur bharosemand bhi hain...bharosa kar sakti hain aap hum pe."He said with a soft smile.

"Bharosa!(she chuckled)Apno ne toh tod diya,ab ajnabiyon se kaisa dar..aap par bhi karke dekh lete hain."she said lost,looking outside the window.

Anubhav didn't speak further.After sometime he stopped the car infront of a small dhaba that remains open whole night for the passengers.The heavy rain had subsided it was drizzling now.

"Chai peena pasand karengi aap?"He asked

"Jii.."she replied.They got down the car and went inside the dhaba.Anubhav ordered two teas and they settled themselves on a charpoy.

"Abb aap batayengi ki itni raat ko akele highway par kya kar rahi thi..suicide wuicide karne ka irada toh nahi tha?"He asked in a playful manner earning a glare from her.

"Zyada dimaag lagane ki zaroorat nahi hain aapko."

Meanwhile a boy came with their tea.

"Bhaiyya kuch khane ko milega kya?"she asked the boy.

"Roti milegi aloo ki sabzi k saath."the boy replied.

"Thik hain 2plate le Aiyye."

She found Anubhav staring at her.

"Chinta mat kijiye iske paise hum denge."she said and he only nodded.

"Khair apne bataya nahi ki aap.."she didn't let him finish and spoke.

"Ghar chhodkar aaye hain hum."she replied blankly.

"Phir toh pareshan honge aapke gharwale."

"Huh!pareshan...jashn mana rahe honge ki aafat tali unke sar se."she replied with a sarcastic smile.

"Waise aap bataiye aap kyun itni madat kar rahe hain humari?"she asked.

"Yeh toh ek zimmedar nagrik hone ka kartavya hain aur insaan ka dharm... kisi akele asahaay vyakti ki madat karna,humne bas wahi Kiya...koi galat mansha nahi hain humari."he replied.

"Hum asahaay nahi hain."She replied grumpily.

"Par akeli toh hain."he said.She didn't had a answer for that indeed she was alone...all alone in this big world.

After finishing their food they paid the bill and once again started their journey.

"Kab tak pouchenge hum log Kanpur?"she questioned.

"1ghanta aur.."He replied, she hummed.After sometime he found her fast asleep..she was shievering a bit due to the AC.He stopped the car at a side and pulled out a soft blanket from his bag at the back seat and covered her with it and started driving again.
Finding the warmth of the blanket she snuggled more into it and slept peacefully.Anubhav involuntarily smiled looking at her innocent face.

Their car passed "kanpur 0 km" milestone.Anubhav glanced at her sleeping figure.He slowed his car.Although she had told him to drop her once they enter the city but he can't be so irresponsible to leave her alone in an unknown place at the odd hours of night.He decided to take her to the hotel where he would be staying..he would book a room for her too...atleast she will be safe there.With these thoughts in mind he pressed the accelerator and drove towards the hotel.

To be continued....

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter.