backstabber.

but all i could think about in the moment? was the fact i was being engulfed in his warmth once again

tomorrow can wait. but let me stay in his arms in peace just once more...

________________________________

I woke up before she did, thinking about how distressed she was last night after she got the call.

it wasn't a scammer. her face wouldn't have fell that hard, let alone she wouldn't have been so damn desperate to push the conversation off.

i looked over at her and smiled as i saw her sleeping peacefully, holding my pinky with hers.

since she told me what happened with mateo, i had the immediate idea to stop working for him and calling it off.

im on my last straw with him, and if that means i have a target on my back or im going broke, then i guess im going broke.

im not ever gonna have her at risk like that again.

it was my fault i was gone and she got taken, and it was my fault she had to endure that trauma.

and it makes me mad.

she began to toss and turn in her sleep. and i decided to wait a moment before i intervened on her.

i looked at her forehead and she was sweating bullets, that was my cue to wake her up.

"hey." i said softly," wake up."

i began to shake her gently, trying not to startle her.

my assumption was she was having a nightmare, she's never moved like this in her sleep before, so seeing this was new for me, and it made me worried.

what is she dreaming about...

i kept shaking her until her eyes fluttered widely and she said,"don't touch me!"

i pulled my hands back from her quickly, concerned about her. i watched her scan the room as she realized where she was, before looking over at me.

"i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to yell at you, i was dreaming and i was back in the room. and it felt so real i thought i went back, i don't ever wanna go bac-"

i pulled her into my chest tightly, cutting off her sentence as i held her closely.

"i understand, but you're safe now. i promise you.."