𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭.

~She looked down and the gun and then back at me, smiling lightly

~
She looked down and the gun and then back at me, smiling lightly.

"Alright." She mouthed.
________________________________

I grabbed her shoes and slowly handed them to her, being cautious not to make any noise.

She put them on quickly and tied her hair back.

I reached my hand out for hers and she hesitantly grabbed it.

I looked at my window making sure nothing or no one was looking in.

I stood up quickly bringing her with me.

I drug her outside my bedroom door and towards the wall.

No windows were near us but the front door was pretty damn close.

I motioned for her to come closer," After I clear this, i'm gonna open the door. Run to the left side of the building immediately, don't stop running until you see the playground, it's not too far from here." I whispered in her ear.

"You're crazy, i'm not leaving you." She said,"I still don't understand your job but i'm not gonna abandon you."

I pushed her shoulders back against the wall lightly, preventing any noise.

"We don't have a choice right now." I whispered sternly," I'm making sure you're safe, I could care less about myself."

"Don't be selfless right now, be selfish, come with me." She said, poking me in my chest.

"Take the gun, and run. Don't stop fucking running."

"I'm not leaving you behind." She whispered harshly.

"Araceli. I'll be right behind you, I promise."

"You better fucking be." She said, holding her pinky out.

I looked at her, with a "you're shitting me right now" look.

She forced her hand into my chest, staring at me.

I really gotta live now.

I hesitantly intertwined my finger with hers and held it, closing my hand and kissing it.

She did the same.

I let go and told her to stay still with my hand as I walked towards the living room.