𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬

~"I don't want apologies, I want the damn truth

~
"I don't want apologies, I want the damn truth. She was all I had left and some bastard took her away from me." I yelled, looking at her casket.

"I will find who did this shit to you.." I whispered. "I promise.."
________________________________

I slid my vest on for my tux and looked in the mirror. Looking at the man I've become, the man who know has to figure out life alone.

Araceli, emerging from the bathroom slowly in a long black dress, placed her head on my shoulder.

We looked at each other in the mirrors reflection but couldn't mutter out a word, for it was like an ocean of silence between us two.

She patted my back before slowly walking to the other side of the hotel room to put her shoes on.

I stared back at myself and began to tie my tie, hearing her voice in my head as I did so.

"It looks a little loose, pull it down some more. Make it even. Good job!"

I wanna give my all, but I can't give my all right now.

.
.
.
.

We pulled into the graveyard and drove in slowly.

Araceli sitting in utter silence, clearly unsure of what to say. I watched her clutch her purse tightly, as a way to fight off the tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry..." I whispered," Please don't cry.."

She looked at me with her teary eyes and struggled to keep herself together.

I took my free hand and slowly wiped away her tears with my thumb, trying to easy her mind as I was losing mine.

"She wouldn't wanna see you cry would she.." I asked," Pretty girls don't cry... remember." I said smiling.

"I'm sorry." She said slowly," I didn't mean too."

Don't apologize for being human..

Why am I giving her the advice I should be giving to myself?

Why can't I let myself be vulnerable and sob uncontrollably once again..?

"You're human Araceli...don't you dare apologize for crying.." I said, as I parked the car.

"I hate crying."

"I hate seeing you cry.. but it's a part of life I have to get used too." I said, unbuckling my seatbelt," But this is life, and i've never adjusted to it."