Chapter 321 - Chapter 330

Chapter 321 - His Return to the Hospital

He looked at Fang Qiu.

Xu Miaolin tried his best to conceal the shock he felt because he didn't want Fang Qiu to notice how shocked he felt.

It would be far too embarrassing for a teacher to be so astonished at how skilled his student was.

"Have you learned acupuncture before?" Xu Miaolin asked.

"No, I haven't," Fang Qiu replied as he shook his head. "I only started to pick this up myself after I returned from Feng Xuexin's place."

"Hmm?" Xu Miaolin's eyes bulged in surprise.

How long has it been?

How did he manage to learn so much from studying acupuncture himself that he could even perform a flying acupuncture technique?

Xu Miaolin was gobsmacked but he did not express his astonishment.

While he had acknowledged Fang Qiu was extraordinarily talented in the field of Chinese Medicine, he didn't imagine how talented Fang Qiu could be in this field. Fang Qiu had managed to learn more than a hundred types of acupuncture styles in a short time and even mastered the flying acupuncture technique that very few Chinese physicians could perform. He had even combined his Qigong with his acupuncture style.

If this was made public, wouldn't the revered veterans in the Chinese Medicine community look at him like some kind of freak?

Xu Miaolin resolved that he would never reveal Fang Qiu's extraordinary talent to anyone else. Otherwise, everyone would jostle to take him under their wing.

Fang Qiu would be doomed if his head were to be turned by all these.

A talent like Fang Qiu had to be carefully groomed!

He deliberated for a moment.

Xu Miaolin didn't intend to accept Fang Qiu as his disciple, so he thought that it would be better for Fang Qiu to be his student.

"You've learned so many acupuncture techniques but how many times have you actually put them into practice?" He asked.

"Twice... I think." Fang Qiu replied. He thought for another moment before he added, "Once when I treated a child with myasthenia gravis over the lunar new year, and once when I treated your stiff neck."

"You've only put your knowledge to practice twice despite having mastered it for some time now?" Xu Miaolin asked in disbelief.

"Wait, that's not it," Fang Qiu said as a thought occurred to him. "There was a third occurrence. I ran into a fellow student with gastric issues in the afternoon on the way back to campus and treated him as well."

"I wouldn't have known that you knew acupuncture if it wasn't for the fact that you had treated the student earlier," Xu Miaolin said with a wry smile.

"Haha," Fang Qiu said with a laugh.

"I didn't think that I would be in awe of your progress one day," Xu Miaolin said with a shake of his head. Then, he added, "I must admit that it is impressive how you managed to treat a myasthenia gravis patient with acupuncture."

Fang Qiu nodded.

"You might have learned a lot," Xu Miaolin thought for a moment before he added. "However, it is important to put what you've learned into practice. You've learned the ancient acupuncture styles, so let me teach you the modern acupuncture styles tonight."