Chapter 301 - Chapter 310

Chapter 301 - Opening His Meridian

"Phew..."

Fang Qiu let out a secret sigh of relief when he saw that the man had left and immediately shot toward the Bingdi Lotus.

He didn't hesitate and immediately plucked the Bingdi Lotus now that there wasn't anyone to stopping him.

"Swoosh."

He quickly reappeared at the edge of the marsh.

He held the Bingdi Lotus in his hand and walked toward Elder Yi.

Elder Yi was extremely excited and his face was flushed red as he looked at the Bingdi Lotus in Fang Qiu's hand.

"This is for you," Fang Qiu said as he handed one half of the Bingdi Lotus to Elder Yi after he split the Bingdi Lotus into two.

He had meticulously poured through the Scroll of Heaven and Earth Treasures for the description on the Bingdi Lotus after Elder Yi had invited him on this mission.

The Bingdi Lotus he held looked exactly like how it was described in the Scroll of Heaven and Earth Treasures.

The Bingdi Lotus carries a pair of flowers on each stalk with jade-like petals and no leaves.

It was also written that although two flowers grew from the same stalk on the Bingdi Lotus, they shared similar properties and they were extremely rare twin Earth Treasures among the Heaven and Earth Treasures.

This was why Elder Yi had invited Fang Qiu to pluck the lotus.

He only needed one flower from the Bingdi Lotus.

"Many thanks, senior," Elder Yi thanked him excitedly after he accepted the lotus that Fang Qiu handed him.

"You're welcome," Fang Qiu said as he shook his head. "You've already done more than enough when you allowed me to look at your ancestor's notes. Moreover, I wouldn't have been able to find this place without your help. Even if I did, the Bingdi Lotus would have been gone by the time I arrived."

Elder Yi nodded and quickly kept the Bingdi Lotus away.

"Since we've completed the mission and we've obtained the Earth Treasure." Fang Qiu started as he looked at Elder Yi, "Please go ahead. I still have some matters to attend to here."

"Hmm?"

Elder Yi's expression turned grave.

Then, he immediately realized that the mysterious man had been on the verge of a breakthrough earlier.

He had been extremely worried when the mysterious man was fighting the grade-five Martial Superior earlier. Although Fang Qiu had defeated grade-four Martial Superiors and had hinted at his strength, he had not witnessed this himself, so he wasn't sure how strong Fang Qiu actually was.

As he watched the battle, he realized that Fang Qiu had continued to suppress his true strength and merely used his internal force to battle. In fact, his opponent had managed to subdue him.

Elder Yi would have treated this a form of entertainment and analyzed every detail if they had been fighting at his manor, but this was the wrong time for Fang Qiu to be the underdog because there was an Earth Treasure at stake.

Elder Yi had thought of all sorts of methods to obtain the Bingdi Lotus before he finally extended the invite to Fang Qiu. His motive had been to find the method with the highest percentage of safely obtaining the Bingdi Lotus, so he didn't mind giving half of it to Fang Qiu.