Chapter 41|| Chaotic Train Rides

Start from the beginning

I was extremely surprised to find out she was younger but still more mature than half of the people in our year, Sirius and James included. In fact, Sirius was actually the oldest of us all with his birthday being in early November, which didn't seem right at all. And no one asked me, but mine was in May, 14th to be exact.

"Athena, hurry up!" Mary shouted. All of the girls were already out of the dormitory room and halfway across the common room, I was still stood on the top step. I spotted Peter grinning as he walked towards the bottom of the stairs, and as I realised what he was doing, I dropped all of the luggage I was holding and let it fall down the stairs. 

He quickly stood on the bottom step and it immediately changed into a sort of stone slide. I cursed him inside my head, thinking of all of the wonderful spells I knew, sneaky little shit.

Once we were on the Hogsmeade Platform waiting for the train to pull in and, thankfully, I had all of my trunk and the smaller bag unharmed in my hands, I noticed that I hadn't talked to Peter for all of the walk down to here, even though he kept trying to make jokes - and I nearly cracked, it's so hard to ignore your close friend, isn't it? 

The Platform to Hogsmeade was full of children, animals, people that acted like animals, animals that acted like people, the people who worked there, or adults who were on their way to the town but happened to pass by the train. It was bustling with life, and it was a haven of activity, but it was also a centre for a lot of loud noise.

"Oi Pete, why are you and Thea not talking to one another?" Sirius asked curiously. Peter smiled and told them the story and they all seemed to find it very funny, congratulating him and telling jokes about it. I would find it funny a while later, but now, I was only thinking about the damage that could have cause, how it could have hurt me if I fell, or how my things could have become damaged. 

I just had to wait until I was somewhere other than this noisy platform to think of the fun side. Or wait a few days to think of how they viewed it. For now,  I took one look at the boys, huffed and then turned around to find out where the girls were, surely they would be much better company, not teasing me and laughing at me nearly getting hurt. 

It was very clever to even think of that but, it was Peter who did it, so of course he didn't think before he did it. Sirius and James usually have very intricate plans and Remus wouldn't have done it at all, but of course Peter had to be at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Where are you going Thea? Don't be like that," James said as I walked away. I turned to look at him and said, "I'm allowed to be dramatic am I not? Sirius does it all of the time."

There was an offended noise as I stood next to Dorcas and Alice, I laughed to myself as I listened, I could almost hear him questioning everyone now if he was dramatic. "What're you laughing at?" Pandora asked me. I shook my head and said nothing, but as I was faced with many more inquisitive looks, I told them my comment and they all seemed to agree with me. 

Take that Sirius Black - and yes, I almost forgot the Orion. That was my favourite part of his name, all because he hated it. I had only noticed then that Pandora was still looking at me expectantly like there was something off.

"Can I help you?" I asked her. She nodded and said, "Was you by any chance at the party at the Pattinsons?" I heard Marlene laugh, and then I spotted blonde hair from my peripheral vision, and suddenly, a red lipped Marlene stood next to me and she said snarkily, "Think. Is her last name just a coincidence do you? She is a Pattinson." 

Lily mumbled something to the blonde haired girl about not being rude, but I knew different. Marlene wasn't rude, she just had that voice where everything she says sounds sarcastic, I knew from experience listening to her. 

Suddenly, the scarlet red steam engine pulled up, and the train back to Platform nine and three quarters was here in all it's large and grand glory. I followed the girls up to the train and we left our bags in the compartments for just luggage, and then we carried our animal cages to find a compartment to ourselves. 

Considering we were some of the very first on the train, we were able to find an empty compartment with ease. One thing I did not expect, was to find the door opened again after we sat in. Aafiya adjusted her red headscarf and then raised an eyebrow, "Can you not see it's full, idiots?" 

I knew who they were even before I looked away from the window, I could hear them whispering and laughing to each other and then making some sort of owl noise as Aafiya asked them a sarcastic question. I turned around and gestured to my friend, "Well then?" James coughed and ruffled his hair, throwing a suggestive glance at poor Lily; she looked very worried.

Sirius then asked, "Still frosty are we Thea? Peter has came to apologise and I need you to apologise for calling me a drama queen." I looked to the blond boy and frowned, and as I looked back at the black haired boy, I questioned it. I didn't call him a drama queen at all, so I gathered that he was being delusional. 

Remus then quickly said, "Sorry, that was me that called you a drama queen, Athena had just left and you asked us if you really were bad, and then I called you a drama queen." 

Sirius gasped, very fakely offended, and then dragged off Remus out of sight, I could hear him fake-crying. "Sorry about that," Peter said and then he and James both rushed after the two boys. We were all silent in our compartment for a while, I could tell the Ravenclaw girls were all wondering if they were always like this. And the answer was indefinitely a yes. 

I glanced at Lily and she leant back into the seat and smiled slightly, "What'll we do first during the holidays Athena?" I grinned and told her everything I wanted to do, not thinking for a second about what the Marauders would act like in fourth year.