16: Manor Mist (16)

16: you will promise

Cesar's heart tightened suddenly: "Who are you?"

"You are me, and I am you." The duke said calmly, but the sight that fell on Cesar was very cold, and he did not see the slightest warmth of his own.

He casually told Cesar about the ins and outs of the matter. After all, he knew very well the birth of Cesar, who looked similar to him.

After the Duke's death, strange things happened frequently in the manor, so some people came to exorcists and wizards out of fear. However, even the well-known wizards and exorcists were unable to suppress the Duke's thoughts, so they had to settle for the next best thing, digging up the Duke's bones and taking them away, trying to weaken his power.

And there was a trace of the Duke's soul on the corpse that was taken away, and this soul was reincarnated as Cesar. It's just because of the lack of most of his soul that his eyes have been unable to see anyone or anything since he was born, and he has lived in the dark for a long time. The identity of the reincarnation is still the descendant of the Duke, who has returned to the manor because of the guidance of memory.

And although he couldn't enter the manor space a hundred years ago, he still had a vague memory of a hundred years ago.

Hearing the Duke's words, Cesar fell into silence.

Of course he knew that the first owner of the manor was the man who called himself the duke in front of him, and he also knew that he had the same name as the other party. Yet it never occurred to him that he was part of the Duke of Cesar.

"You are me, I am you..." Cesar couldn't help repeating it. It stands to reason that he can't see it now, and he should think it's a boring prank, but for some reason, Cesar couldn't bear it. Zhu wanted to believe the other party's words, but he quickly realized that if it was what the person in front of him said, wouldn't the memories between them also be shared?

And what he could see before, the person who called himself the Duke in front of him should also be able to see it. After all, to be more precise, this was originally a matter between the Duke and Revere.

Even though the duke didn't say it, Cesar had already figured it out. The duke was clearly aware of his arrival, but he was only now looking for him to merge, which meant that the other party had already received news from Revere, or that he had already seen the other party.

Thinking of this, Cesar's voice carried a bit of hostility: "Have you seen him?"

He didn't mention the other party's name, but the duke knew that the other party was referring to him as Revere.

The Duke did not speak, but Cesar already knew what he meant.

Even if the other party was another self, Cesar felt a surge of jealousy.

Cesar asked again, "Where is he? He's in this manor right now, isn't he?"

The Duke said calmly: "I don't know, so I'll look for it during the day."

Of course, the duke could feel the change in Cesar's tone. They were one person after all, so jealousy and possessiveness were out of the ordinary.

In fact, the duke is also jealous of Cesar - he can't appear in the daytime, this is a rule that the duke can't compete with, but the people in front of him can walk freely in white, maybe Cesar in front of him once Passed by Revere, or looked at each other.

Revere's disappearance and reappearance proved that the other party had returned to the manor, but he could only have the other party briefly at night.

If the duke still hadn't found Revere, he wouldn't care about the time of day, but now that he'd hugged and kissed each other, he couldn't bear the long darkness any longer.