[29]

[Techno's POV]

Techno walked upstairs with Tommy in his arms. He placed him in his bed and pulled the blankets over him.

"...um, Techno...?" Tommy whispered quietly.

"Hm?" Techno hummed as he knelt down by Tommy's bed.

"I- I'm sorry for all the crying... and baby stuff..." Tommy quietly apologized as he hid half of his face with the blanket in embarrassment.

"There's no need to apologize, Tommy. It was a lot and you actually handled it quite well for a seven-year-old," Techno responded.

"But still... I shouldn't be crying... I'm a man, not a baby," Tommy mumbled.

"And who told you men don't cry?"

"Uh.... my dad...." Tommy whispered.

"Well, you're dad lied. Everyone cries every once in a while. Even men," Techno reassured.

"But, I've never seen you cry," Tommy looked up at Techno.

Techno thought for a moment before answering, "Crying isn't exactly my forte. I use other methods to deal with emotions, which I will say are not as healthy. But that doesn't mean that I've never cried before."

"But-" Tommy started but was interrupted by a yawn.

"Look, I cried when I was your age. So there is no reason that you shouldn't," Techno reasponed. "Now, it's time for you to go to bed. Alright?"

Tommy nodded as he laid back onto the mattress and pulled the warm blankets closer to him.

"Are you okay with being alone sense XD isnt after you anymore?" Techno asked.

Tommy nodded once.

"Alright. Goodnight, kid. I'll see you in the morning," Techno said before standing and turning towards the door.

Techno turned back to Tommy after feeling a small tug on his shirt.

Tommy quickly hugged Techno.

"Thanks," Tommy whispered tiredly.

"Yeah, no problem, kid," Techno hugged him back.

"And I'm not a kid," Tommy scolded as he released Techno and laid back down on the bed.

"Sure, buddy," Techno said as sarcastically as his monotone voice could get.

"Night, Techi- Techno," Tommy corrected himself again.

"Y'know, I dont mind you calling me that. It reminds me of when Wilbur and I were kids."

Tommy silently nodded as he drifted off to sleep. Techno wasn't sure if the kid had heard him or not.

Techno turned off the light and closed the door quietly before returning to the first floor.

The gods chatted for around a half hour before the font door had opened.

Philza and Wilbur walked in with grocery bags filled with food.

"Techno! We're back! Get your ass down here and help!" Wilbur yelled out as he set the bags he was holding on the kitchen counter

"Techno?" Philza asked as be walked into the living room and was met with his loving wife, pink-haired son, and a strange looking man whom he did not recognize.

"Who are-" Philza started.

"That's XD," Techno interrupted.

"Isnt he the guy from- from Tommy's picture?" Philza questioned a he glared at the strange man.

"Yeah, he's also the guy who kidnapped him and gave him the huge bruise on his arm," Techno plainly stated.

"WHAT?!" Philza yelped.

"Oh, don't worry, darling! He's not after Tommy anymore, and we figured everything out. He isn't a threat!" Mumza reasured her husband before kissing him on the cheek.

"Uh, er, okay? If you say so," Philza said.

Wilbur then entered the living room.

"Wow, thanks for ALL the help you gave me Techno on bringing all the groceries in," Wilbur complained before making eye contact with XD. "Who the fuck are you?"

"That was the bad guy who took Tommy and all. But he isn't bad anymore and is nice now," Techno explained as if he was talking to a child.

Wilbur just gave a confused look.

"I suppose we should explain what happened in the past couple of hours," Mumza suggested.

- - -

"So, Tommy remembers everything from before?" Philza questioned.

"Yes," Mumza confirmed.

"And he was supposed to die!?" Wilbur chimed in.

"Yes..." Mumza confirmed again.

"Okay, but what is going to happen now?" Philza asked. "He doesn't have anyone to take care of him and he is technically dead."

"I mean, you could take him in. I don't mind having another son," Mumza smiled.

"With your sympathy levels, I would be surprised if you adopted a whole orphanage," XD rolled his eyes.

"No. One orphan is enough," Techno stated.

Philza chuckled, "Alright then. We'll adopt him."

"But isn't he supposed to be dead? Won't that cause some sort of problem? Like, with fate or something?" Wilbur asked.

"Not that I'm aware of. And I'm the Goddess of Death. If there was a problem, I'm positive I would know about it, Wilbur."

.~•°:¤:°•~.

Word Count - 777