Chapter 33|| Quidditch

Start from the beginning

That was until I was passed the ball so suddenly that it knocked me out of myself, and my gaze of the others was torn rather sharply, so I flew as fast as I could towards the opposition's goal. There was no other option for me but to pass and as I passed the ball to the only available player (Niamh), so many things happened at once. 

She scored and she did it well, the force of the ball had probably left a dent in the sides of the hoop where it clattered against. But, at the same time, the whistle was blown, the game was over, and someone had caught the snitch. 

The thing is, nobody up in the air knew who it was, both of the Chasers had been out of everybody's eye sight and we wasn't focused on the commentary enough to hear what the score was. I glanced up at Leon Jordan and he winked at me, and then announced what the situation was.

"Ravenclaw caught the snitch," there was cheers and I felt my heart sink but he continued, "however, Balocca did score at the end before the whistle there so, first of all take that you smart arses, secondly, the score was 190-170 to Gryffindor." I grinned at Leon and flew down to the ground to celebrate with my team and the rest of the Gryffindor house. 

I spotted the Marauders at the front of the crowd, as usual, making too much noise to be humanly possible. Then there was many other red and gold clad supporters cheering and shouting, making sure the other Houses knew how nice our win was.

"This is a good and a bad thing, now I have to sneak and get eight butterbeers. Well done though team, good work Nita," Fabian cheered. I face palmed, but James started to laugh as poor Niamh just looked offended. "Get used to it, we aren't his exact favourites," Richard mumbled. He was obviously still sore about not catching the snitch before the other Seeker, even though we'd won, he could have gained us an extra 150 points.

"Well done Athena, and thank you very much, Dorcas owes me twelve sickles now," Lily said cheerily. I said nothing but smiled at her and walked to the changing rooms, I needed to get out of the sweaty team uniform and into my ordinary clothes again. Just by the door, my sister was waiting for me and she was wearing her Slytherin scarf and leaning against the door with all of her friends. 

"You did great out there," she whispered, an unreadable expression on her face.

I thanked her sarcastically and made my way to open the door of the changing rooms but she said, "Tell your friends a little message I received from someone very important it-" I sighed and cut her off, "No thanks." I then barged into her shoulder and opened the door, getting inside and closing it. The last thing I saw was her little face scowling and saying something furiously to her small second year friends. 

I'm also very sure they probably were those kind of 'friends' after noting how I had seen most of them hanging around with Death Eater children.

Eventually, I was sat in the warm Gryffindor common room, watching the fire, and changed into some of my own comfortable clothes again. I was staring and zoning out the rest of the world as I watched the orange embers, and would have planned to do so all night, but I was taken out of my trance by one half of the Prewett twins. 

Gideon had sat in the chair next to me, two butterbeers in hand, one he placed on the table, the other he was holding out to me.

"There you are, it's from Fabian, he said he'd promised everyone a butterbeer," he said, easing back into the armchair in a comfortable position. The corners of my mouth twitched and I told him, "I dread to think of what would have happened if we lost, he did say in his short speech that he would skin us alive. Now, I did not fully believe him at first but seeing this drink has given me second thoughts." 

Gideon laughed at me.

We sat in silence for a short while, it wasn't awkward or tense, just calming, like what we really needed was to sit in each other's company and just be quiet for a while, drink in hand. He broke the silence first by saying, "Your starry friend Mr Black is glaring holes into your head, or mine, but I can't feel any damage on either so maybe it's the walls." 

I laughed lightly and glanced in the direction of my black haired friend, who was in fact glaring. I noticed that both Remus and Peter were not present in the room with them, and I wondered why, but I thought that they were probably in the dorms, sleeping or in the bathroom. Those two were not exactly party people, but when they did have fun, they were probably the most chaotic. 

Sirius was actually stood with James and Lily who were probably arguing with each other and he was just the third wheel, I know I wouldn't have much patience either if I were caught in the middle.

"What are you thinking?" Gideon asked. I turned to him and took a sip of my butterbeer, savouring the taste. I shrugged, "I'm not thinking of much really, just different Quidditch tactics that the Ravenclaw Chasers used today that I could probably steal." He laughed evilly and gave me a blow by blow analysis on how, if it was a world class game, the Ravenclaws would be left in the dust by his amazing skills.