The kiss

When Ranvi reached the waiting area, she found her Bava sitting in an empty chair with crossed legs and tinkering with his phone. As she recalled the way he spoke in the call, tears were rolling down her face without her knowing.

Despite her desire to run towards her room and crash on her bed while crying for her fate, she knows she has no choice but to go to the person who was waiting for her at this odd hour. It was unclear why he came to her when he does not like to talk to her. No choice but to move toward him, she walked slowly towards him with tears in her eyes. As the distance between them decreased, her heart began to beat faster. Like someone told him she was near, he turned his head to see her looking at him with tears.

"Bava.." she said looking down, not looking at anything in particular , since she does not want him to see her tear-filled face.

"Ranvi, shall we go out and talk...", Abhi asked softly.

Ranvi was startled by his question. First of all, she wasn't expecting him here in her hostel, and secondly, she wasn't sure how her warden would react. Not knowing what to reply to her Bava, she turned towards her warden's room.

As Abhi realized her inner turmoil, he said, "don't worry about your warden. I've already spoken with her. Come with me." After saying that, he held her hand as he walked towards his car.

Ranvi's eyes widen when Abhi takes her hands in his; she didn't expect him to walk while holding her hands. She felt a chill run down her spine. In the meantime, tears flowed continuously down her face as she felt his warmth. Despite her best efforts, she was unable to stop them.

To make her more surprised, he made her sit in the passenger seat with his own hands and then he sat in the driver's seat.

In the car, at least for a second, he didn't let go of her hand until they reached the place he wanted to take her to.

By the time they reached the place, it was close to midnight.

She heard him say "Getdown" while opening the car door for her.

She was in awe looking at the view infront of her. the night sky so clear she could almost see every crater. The moon, a glowing yellowy white, loomed large, surrounded by an ethereal glow. Millions of stars were sprinkled behind it, a few large ones but mostly a multitude of little white pin pricks. Every now and then, a twinkle caught her eye. This was an unfamiliar sight from her normal life, where the lights never went down, perpetually hiding the beauty of the nighttime sky.

The ocean waves lapped lazily at the shore, a jumble of navy and royal blue that glistened in the night. White foam crested the top of the waves as they approached, spilling onto the sand like a net being cast.

The gentle sound of the waves hitting the beach sounded almost like a lullaby. She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath of fresh ocean air as a small breeze blew by her face and tickled her nose. Though there was a fabulous view infront of her eyes , she couldn't concentrate on it as tears were still rolling down her cheeks.

He realized that it's time to reveal to her what she needs to know. His eyes were watering as he stared at the figure before him. A lone tear flew from his eye, but he wiped it off immediately. Her swollen eyes, her pale face which looked as if it was painted with a tomato red color and the tears on her face were evident that she was crying since long time. Having known her since childhood, he knew that her headache would arrive that night.

Without second thought, he called her gently. "Ranvi.."

Having zoned out, she wasn't paying attention to his call.

"Ranvi.." This time he shook her while holding her shoulders.

Ranvi stopped thinking when she felt her Bava shaking her shoulder. Even before Abhi started speaking, she took a deep breath and began to say,