The Graduation Party

"Mr.CEO , you came ?" , Shastri asked surprised with Abhi's arrival to office

"Why , you don't want me to come .? Shall I go back?", Abhi cross questioned him while entering into his cabin.

Shashtri opened his mouth in shock and speechless for a moment.

"Close your mouth , mosquitoes might enter", Abhi made a comment , making himself comfortable in his chair

Shastri still didn't react.

"If you are done with checking me out, please go n bring me the files that requires my signature" , Abhi said coldly looking at the statue like figure of Shastri

It took some time for Shastri to understand what Abhi meant.

When he realised what Abhi said , he started convincing Abhi saying "It's not like that .Mr..."

"Go n bring the files first " , Abhi intervened Shastri's talks.

Few hours later , Someone has entered into Abhi's cabin without knocking on the door.

"Who told you to enter without knock..", Abhi slightly turned up his head from the file and stopped saying what he intended to say after looking at his best friend , Karthik , entering into his cabin.

He shrugged sarcastically; his eyes were fixed on Abhi, walking directly toward him while saying, "Hey Buddy, chill out. It's just me. Who else will dare to enter your cabin except me.".

Abhi just shook his head in a silent manner and murmured something under his breath.

"You came ..? " , asked Abhi continuing his work .

" how are you doing. I heard that you came from US. So without wasting any time , I came to see how my other half is doing" , Karthik , started his blabbering without giving any deed to his friend's rude and arrogant looks.

As he didn't get any response from Abhi , he grabbed the file from Abhi's hand and kept it aside after making sure that it is closed.

"come on man. Speak to me first , you can finish your work later " , making himself comfortable in one of the empty chairs.

"Jokes apart , Tell me about my sister first. How is she doing and where is she now ", Karthik started his interrogation about Ranvi. Since childhood he always treats Ranvi as his own sister as he doesn't have sisters , have only an younger brother.

"You would have asked this question to Arun " , Abhi said leisurely and grabbed another file from the table and started signing on it.

Karthik was confused with Abhi's reply.

After thinking for a while he said

"What is Arun has to do with her..??"

"Because they both are studying in the same college" , Abhi stated as a matter of fact

Karthik had a shocked expression on his face.

Looking at his expression Abhi let out a sigh , playing with the pen in his hands , he started explaining Karthik about Ranvi and Arun.

"Arun is  two years senior to Ranvi as like in childhood. So I thought it's better for Ranvi if he could take care of her in the college as I wasn't there to take care of her.

As instructed by me and with his brotherly bond towards her , he is making sure that Ranvi is not getting ragged by anyone in the college."

After listening to Abhi's explanation Karthik had a proud smile on his face .

"I'm proud of him. By the way does she aware that you are behind all of these and did she recognize  Arun.?" , Karthik made his doubts voiced out. 

The room went silent for some time.