Mr.Rathod

"I am pleased to introduce Mr. Abhimanyu Rathod . Mr. Rathod completed his postdoctoral work from Harvard University. He doesn't like attention. So most of you won't know him personally , but you may have heard about him professionally." The director said.

"Is he the genius Abhimanyu Rathod, the only Indian who was able to perform a 48-hour long duration operation on the brain a year ago", a staff member asked with interest

"Yes , he is the one. We are too lucky , we got the chance to meet him in person and got an opportunity to work with him for this on going surgery. Let's begin the presentation for the ongoing surgery, if everyone is ready." , with that being said the presentation started.

They discussed about how difficult it would be to conduct the brain clot surgery , one simple mistake from the surgeon, it would either put the patient's life in danger or the patient would be on coma for their entire life, as the brain clot is located in a very sensitive spot.

Everyone in the room was so impressed by the way Abhi described how he was going to perform the surgery. Everyone's mouths were open, and were left with awe.

The presentation ended after like 30 mins.

"I'll see you in the OT" with that being said Abhi left for his mother's room in the hospital.

Abhi's POV:

"Mom I've completed my milk as you instructed, see the glass is empty " , A very young version of me told my mother , gulping down last sip of milk .

"Good Abhi , are you all set " asked my mom

"Yes Mom, I'm all set" , I said while wearing my sport shoes

"What about Maya..?", mom asked about my evil sister.

I'm telling you , my sister's favourite time pass is to irritate me and make my parents scold me.

"Abhi , I've completed my homework. Do you need any help from me " , speak of the devil. Here comes my devil sister Maya.

"Home work..?? Abhi you said you completed your home work.Did you lie to me ?" , Mom gazed at me by keeping a hand on her hip.

"Why would I lie to you Mom.? Abhimanyu Rathod will never lie , because I'm your son" , I said innocently , went to my mom and hugged her.

I head up to see my Mom's expression , only to get a glimpse of my Mom's face lightening with pride. Uuff, good for you Abhi , your mom bought your lie. I relaxed in my mind.

"Oh is it Abhi.? Then why did you told me to complete your homework along with mine ..? " , this sister of mine will never leave me in peace.

" Mom, he told me to complete his homework. He even offered me a Cadbury diary milk chocolate.

But, being the responsible sister that I am, I refused to accept the offer and insisted that he complete the homework so he knows whether he understood it or not."
While looking at my mom, she says innocently and simultaneously winks at me.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could give her a punch to the eye so she could never wink at me again.

"What your sister told is true Abhi ?", Mom pulled from my hug and gazed at me angrily.

"Mom , I said I have completed. But I didn't say that it was today's homework." While I was saying I was taking back steps.
Once I completed saying I started running towards our beautiful garden.

Have I told you guys that today my Aunt , Uncle and their daughter Ranvi are coming from Hyderabad to celebrate her birthday..?

I don't know what this feeling is called , I love the way she calls me as 'Bava (cousin)'. She is so possessive about me.

Whenever my mom starts scolding me , she tells my mom not to scold me as I'm her Bava(cousin).I like being with her .

She is so naughty. When ever Maya tries to irritate me ,she fights with Maya and tells her that only she has the right to irritate me. It's an eye fest for me to see whenever both of them fights for me. She is my partner in crime.

She helps me takes my revenge on Maya. I love sharing my secrets with her. I wanted to give all my chocolates to her , not only chocolates I wanted to share my everything with her.

I don't remember when did we meet for the first time. However when I asked my mom , she told me that when Ranvi was born we all went to the hospital where she was born. When we entered into the room where she was staying with her mom, she was crying continuously.

Everyone tried their best to make her to stop crying. Everyone gets worried  as she wasn't  stopping her cries.

But when I went near to her cradle and held her tiny pink hand in mine , to everyone's surprise she stopped crying suddenly and looked at me with her big doe eyes.

She suddenly started smiling with her rose pink lips. When I tried taking my hand back , she protested very much to hold it for a longer time.

Everyone's jaw dropper at her behaviour and they all made me promise them that I would take care of her through out my entire life.

Ranvi stays with her parents in Hyderabad. She comes to our home for vacations and to celebrate her birthday with us.

Tomorrow is her birthday. So she is coming today and I am very much excited for her arrival . So here I'm , sitting on one of the chairs placed in our beautiful garden waiting for their arrival.

I know it would take one more hour for them to reach here , the thought of Ranvi excited so much that I wanted to get ready before their arrival. I have so many secrets to share with her ,  many new toys to show her and main important thing is I miss her very badly .

I wanted to spend some quality time with her.

My thoughts went to halt when I heard a car pulling sound infront of the main door.
I rushed towards the car .
much to my disappointment , Ranvi is not present there, only Attayya(Father's sister) and Mamayya(Attayya's husband) are getting down from the car.

"Abhi ,come come! how are you doing ", my Attayya(father's sister) asked me while pulling me in a bone crushing hug. You know Indian relatives and their affection. Especially motherly figures.

My Attayya(father's sister) is like another mother to me. She loves me unconditionally like she loves Ranvi. You can blindly say she loves me more than Ranvi.

I was stealing glances inside the car to see if Ranvi is there anywhere hiding . But much to my surprise ,she is not present there.

"Abhi , what are you looking for inside the car" , suddenly Mamayya(Uncle) asked me with a known tone.

"Nothing Mamayya. Btw where is Ranvi", I asked him like it doesn't matter to me.

"Didn't Mom informed you that Ranvi couldn't come today as she had an exam today.?

She will be coming tomorrow along with one of my friend" , my Mamayya(uncle) explained me and I became sad listening to his words.

When we all three were entering inside the house with a sad smile on my face and a happy smile on their faces, A figure with Ranvi's height rushed towards me with a tiger face and said "boo" attacking me with both her hands. My heart rate increased due to the sudden attack and I kept my hand on my heart to make myself calm down.

" Bava(cousin) you are scared , hehehe" suddenly I heard Ranvi's voice. When I head up to see who it is , there she stood while removing the tiger's mask from her face.

"You , wait there", with that being said I started chasing her.

**************************************************
Hi everyone ,
Hope you like my update .
Please do vote , comment and share my story with your friends.
Will see you soon with a new update soon.
Till then
Bybye ,