Seventy Two

DeclanRice

DeclanRice

Always laughing 😌

Liked by; masonmount, benchilwell, CLCross and 93,827 others

MasonMount - always love for you bro
BenChilwell - was this when you was taking the piss outta me?
Username817- favourite duo ❤️

"Mason?" Lacey whispered, as she opened the door to a sorry eyed Mason, Ben and Declan standing by the car doors, watching ahead of them at the two adults, who were now face to face with no excuses.
"Do you think he'll be okay?" Ben whispered, as Declan shrugged his shoulders. "I love them both and they love each other, I can't imagine them not being together, but I also feel like we're about to see them live apart" Declan whispered, as Mason disappeared inside Lacey's house, both of the friends watching on as the door closed.

"What are you doing here?" Lacey whispered, as she looked onto the kitchen, the door closed, which she was slightly thankful about now. "I needed to see you, I needed to try and clear the air, I don't want to lose you" Mason whispered, as he took a step forward, trying to close the space between them, but Lacey stepped back, the kitchen door opening, Mason looking at the door, expecting to see Jack, almost wishing that the feeling deep down of Jack not being there was still true, but his face fell when he saw who come out of the kitchen.

"I couldn't find any bowls, are plates okay?" Chase questioned, as his face also dropped, seeing Mason stood in the lounge with Lacey. "What's he doing here?" Mason questioned, as Lacey shook her head. "His literally just come, he brought food and I couldn't say no" Lacey stated, her voice honest.

The truth was, moments before Mason had arrived, so had Chase, bringing an Indian takeaway and a bottle of wine as a sorry for the way he had acted during rehearsals, and he didn't want to go back to LA the next day with a guilty mind about what had happened, and as a friend he wanted to check in on Lacey, reading the stories that had been spun around in the media, and being a friend with checking in, because that's what friends do, right?
"So why is he here?" Mason mumbled, as his arms crossed over his chest, the anger slowly boiling inside him. How could Lacey want to shut him out for something that happened when they wasn't together, and in a way didn't concern her, when here she was with someone Mason had openly stated he was jealous about and had his own concerns about. "I come to see if she was alright bro" Chase muttered, as he placed the plates on the table in the lounge, turning to face both of them. "Don't call me bro, I ain't your bro" Mason muttered, as he looked at Chase, scanning him up and down, and if looks could kill, Chase would of been killed ten times over. "What's your problem exactly?" Chase questioned, as he two folded his arms across his chest, both of the males staring each other down.
"Will you both just stop!" Lacey exclaimed, as she threw her arms in the air, looking between the both of them. "We've got to learn to be in the same room" Lacey muttered, as she ran a hand through her hair, sighing to herself. "He clearly has a problem with me" Chase muttered, as Mason scoffed nodding his head. "Of course I have a problem with a guy who keeps hitting on my girlfriend, writing fucking songs about her" Mason muttered back, as Chase rolled his eyes. "She writes songs about you though, if you can't learn to take a joke, you need to grow up" Chase muttered, as Mason shook his head, scoffing again. "I need grow up? Maybe you should learn to take a hint and stop trying to fuck my girlfriend" Mason stated, as Lacey shook her head. "This is pathetic" Lacey muttered, as both males finally turned their gaze to her, seeing how upset she was actually getting about the situation.

"I don't want this" Lacey muttered, as she toyed with the end of her jumper. "I don't want to be in the middle of you two fighting, Chase knows he pushed the boundaries, he said sorry, Mase, you really hurt me by lying, Chase you're hurting me by arguing over nothing" Lacey muttered. "Lace, let's just eat" Chase muttered, trying to change the subject. "I'm not hungry" Lacey muttered, turning to face him. "Thank you for the thought, it really meant a lot, but I have somewhere I need to be" Lacey smiled, as Chase nodded his head. "If you're sure" Chase smiled. "I'll give you a text when I land about that demo" Chase stated, as Lacey nodded her head, as he grabbed his coat and headed out the door, ignoring Mason who was still stood there, his eyes scanning over Lacey.
"Lace?" Mason whispered, after Chase had left the apartment, Lacey shaking her head. "I need time" Lacey whispered, as Mason sighed, but nodded his head. "Will you come round later?" Mason whispered, as Lacey nodded her head. "Promise?" Mason whispered, as Lacey nodded her head.
"But before I go, can you answer me something?" Mason questioned, as Lacey and Mason exchanged a glance, and it was a glance of love, like they were seeing each other for the first time again, like nothing bad had ever happened, like it was them against the world again.
"Sure" Lacey whispered, as Mason took a deep breath. "When you was in LA, after you left, did anything ever happen with anyone?" Mason questioned, as Lacey shook her head. "Nope" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head. "Nothing with Chase?" Mason questioned, his tone of voice changing, taking Lacey off guard for a moment. "Nothing happened with anyone" Lacey whispered, slightly hurt that Mason was asking this.
"You promise?" Mason questioned. "Why does it matter?" Lacey whispered back, as Mason took a moment before sighing to himself. "Because your so cut up on me cheating on Chloe that I wanted to know if there was something I should be pissed off about" Mason mumbled, as Lacey shook her head, trying to slow down the anger that was now boiling in herself.
"If you think that you cheating on Chloe is my problem then you don't know me at all" Lacey muttered. "Shut the door on your way out" Lacey muttered, as she walked to the stairs, leaving Mason in the lounge, alone.