Forty Nine

"I feel like this couldn't get any more awkward if we tried" Jack mumbled, taking another swig from the many bottles of beer he had already consumed. "Jack, you need to stop" Sasha mumbled, as he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just saying like mess with my family and I'll mess with your feet" Jack mumbled, continuing to drink from his bottle, as Lacey shook her head, standing up from the table. "I need air, I can't deal with this" Lacey mumbled, as she walked into the seating area outside that she found she spent more time in than actually around the table, as Mason followed her, hot on her heels.

"What's wrong?" Mason questioned, as Lacey felt his presence behind her, as she shook her head. "I'm just tired" Lacey whispered, as she felt the cold air hit her, causing her to shiver despite wearing a jumper and joggers. "I think there's more to it" Mason tried to press the subject further, but Lacey shook her head. "I'm fine" Lacey mumbled, as Mason nodded his head, scratching his neck awkwardly, it wasn't hard to read the situation from afar and understand that something wasn't right. "You could of gone out with Tallia if that's what you wanted to do" Lacey whispered, as he shook his head, smirking at her. "You're jealous then" Mason whispered, as he walked forward, wrapping his arms around the girl. "Why would I be jealous exactly?" Lacey huffed, as Mason chuckled at the girl, holding her closer. "I'm not sure because you're the one who gets to take me home" Mason breathed in her ear, causing her to shiver, and it wasn't from the cold air either. "You're the one who makes my heart flip, you're the one who has me out of breath" he whispers, pressing a kiss to the bottom of her ear, smirking when he feels her shiver under his lips. "How about we go back to mine, place a movie on in the background, and get lost under my sheets" Mason whispered, as his fingers danced up and down Lacey's arm, his lips dangerously close to her neck. "I want to spend time with the girls" lacey whispered, as she pulled herself from his grasp, briefly remembering that she thought he was cheating on her not even half an hour ago.
"I suppose I'll have to wait then" he mumbled, as his hand hung loosely around her waist. "But do I at least get a kiss?" He pouted, as Lacey smiled at him, nodding her head and bringing his lips to hers.

"How are things, did you talk?" Lauren whispered, as Lacey shook her head, but her hand was laced with Masons under the table, him tracing shapes on her hand with his thumb as he engaged in conversation with Dec and Ben, Jack just nodding his head occasionally, clearly too far gone to actually engage in the conversation. "Are you going to talk about it?" Lauren questioned, again with a whisper, as Lacey nodded her head, Mason shuffling in his seat as she feels his hand leave hers and go to his phone that was vibrating erratically on the table. "Erm, one minute" he mumbled, as he left the table, walking back outside where he was not so long ago with Lacey, only this time he was alone and talking on the phones. "Seriously who does he speak to on that thing?" Jack mumbled, as Lacey circled her glass of wine with her finger, before swallowing the last of it. "I honestly have no idea, but I don't think it's Tallia" Lacey mumbled, as Jack raised his eyebrows at her. "Have you actually asked him that though?" Jack questioned, as Sasha removed the half empty bottle from his hands, placing a glass of water near it, him shaking his head at his own girlfriend. "If you don't ask him, I will" Jack mumbled, as he took a large gulp from the glass of water, following his girlfriends non-verbal instruction of getting sober.
"I mean, you go to LA at the end of the week, you wanna know your leaving him wanting you when his obviously got priorities in other places" Jack mumbled, continuing to drink the water, as Sasha rolled her eyes. "You need to shut the fuck up" she muttered, taking a sip from her own glass, as Jack have his toothy grin. "I'd love you to shut me up" he chuckled, as Sasha shook her head, but smiled at him.
"Do you all think his actually doing something behind my back?" Lacey questioned to the table, as they looked down, or at each other, each taking a sip of their own drinks, not wanting to confirm what Lacey was asking out loud, in the open. "I really don't think he would, I mean I've known him since six" Declan mumbled. "But I also know what he was like after having a drink" Declan mumbled, as Lacey shook her head, standing up from the table.

All she wanted was for everyone she cared about to offer her a glimmer of hope that what she thought was going on wasn't, and that it was all in her head. But the truth was, everyone at the table didn't know who he was talking to continuously on the phone, they had never heard of Tallia until today, but that didn't mean anything to any of them.
All Lacey could think about was how much you knew someone, or loved someone, but how little you really knew about them.

"Are we going babe?" Mason questioned, as Lacey looked up from the table, seeing her boyfriends brown eyes staring at her, how they twinkled in the lighting from the room, how his smile made her heart flutter, wanting to be the reasoning for it on his face. "Yeah, I'm tired" Lacey whispered, as her eyes danced around the table, her friends giving her sympathetic smiles, all of them hoping that what they were all thinking was far from the truth.