Thirty Five

LaceyCross_x

LaceyCross_x

Baby let your colours burst ❤️

Liked by; sasha_rebecca, laurenfryer_, CLCross and 8,937 others

Sasha_Rebecca - the best ones I've seen by far
Username917- I could of swore she was there with Mason
Username827- I hope they're not back together
LaurenFryer_ - was an experience to say the least

Lacey and Mason walked hand in hand to their friends who were gathered by the seating area on the outskirts of the field, that was filled with what felt like hundreds of people, but Lacey didn't let go of Masons hand, more scared of losing him than the media posts that would surely come from holding his hand. "I've got you" Mason mumbled, as he pressed a kiss to her temple, Lacey giggling at him, as they continued to walk to their friends.
"How was the studio?" Mason questioned, as Lacey nodded her head. "Okay, how was football?" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head, smiling. "It was really good, Kai and Reece were definitely a laugh, Chilly brought Ellie, you should come one day" Mason smiled, as Lacey nodded her head. "Yeah, I'd love to see Ben show you up" Lacey laughed, as Mason shoved Lacey playfully.

"Hey guys, it's bloody freezing" Lacey chuckled, as she hugged Sasha and Lauren, and then plonking herself next to Dani and Callum on the bench. "How's my little kicker?" Lacey whispered, as she gave Dani a side hug. "His being a pain today, but he seems to have calmed down now youre here, obviously loves his Auntie Lace" Dani smiled, as Lacey placed a hand on Danis stomach, feeling a small kick, smiling. "I can't wait to meet him" Lacey whispered, but for a brief moment, she couldn't help but feel sorrow, that her journey during this had ended, even though she was thankful that Dani's pregnancy was going well and perfect, she was jealous that she wasn't pregnant anymore.

"Shall we go get some sparklers?" Callum questioned to Lacey, as she nodded her head, walking with her brother to the payment booth that was selling sparklers, drinks and sweets. "I take it you haven't told lover boy" Callum whispered, as Lacey sighed, shaking her head. "Can we not do this now, I know I need to but I just want to focus on the good things" Lacey whispered, as Callum nodded his head. "I just don't want to see you heartbroken again" Callum whispered, as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her in to hug him. "I know Cal, I just want to be happy for a little while" Lacey mumbled, as she grabbed the packet of sparklers, thanking the man behind the booth, and walked with Callum back to their friends.

"You okay? You seem a little quiet" Lauren mumbled, as she dragged Lacey and Sasha away from the growing group of friends. "I'm fine" Lacey mumbled, as she kicked the floor with her feet, Mason looking over at her briefly, before he turned back to the conversation with Ben and Ellie who had just turned up. "You're not, and I'm not going to push you to talk about it, but we're here okay?" Sasha stated, as she lit one of the sparklers, waving it around in a pretty pattern. "I promise, once the year is done with and I can write it off as a good one, we will talk" Lacey smiled, as Sasha and Lauren nodded their heads, accepting that Lacey would talk to them eventually.

"Can I steal my girlfriend for a moment" Mason smiled, as he wrapped his arms around Lacey from behind, slowly pulling her away from the group. "She was mine first" Lauren mumbled with a smile, as Sasha laughed at her. "Five minutes, I promise to bring her back" Mason smiled, as Lauren nodded her head, shooing them both away.
"What's up?" Lacey laughed, as Mason tugged her away to the wall that was not far from the friends who were gathered around sharing the sparklers. "I just wanted a minute with you" Mason smiled, as Lacey laughed, shaking her head. "Alone, I meant alone" Mason stated, as he smiled down at the girl. "Oh, yeah, alone?" Lacey teased, as Mason shook his head. "You make my heart beat so fast" Mason whispered, as Lacey smiled at the ground, thinking about how lucky she was. "That was cheesy wasn't it" Mason chuckled, as he placed his hand under Lacey's chin, turning her face up to look at him. "You're too beautiful to look down" Mason mumbled, as his thumb rubbed her cheek, as Lacey snuggled herself into his chest, Masons arm automatically wrapping around her to keep her safe in his arms.

"Do you ever think about how things could be so different" Lacey whispered, as Mason shook his head. "What do you mean?" Mason whispered, as his hand rubbed up and down her arm, Lacey leaning her head on his shoulder. "Like, if I was still in America, we wouldn't be together, you could still be with Morgan" Lacey chuckled, as Mason laughed back at her. "I think we would of still found our way back to each other" he whispered, kissing the top of her head. "But what if I had to fly around the world" Lacey whispered, as Mason shook his head. "I fly around the world" Mason mumbled. "Granted I kick a ball for ninety minutes, but I still fly around the world" Mason laughed, thinking about how lucky he was to do his job. "But you haven't done that whilst we've been official" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head. "It doesn't matter where Chelsea fly me to, I'll always come back home to you" Mason whispered.

Lacey stayed silent, she didn't plan on telling Mason about the tour at that moment, but something in her wanted to, but his reply back to her question left her thinking that it didn't matter if she went on tour, she would always come back home to him, just like he would with football.
The only difference being that Mason would be away days at a time, Lacey would be away for months at a time.