Twenty Two

•potential trigger warning•

The Daily Mail;

Lacey Cross across pictured above was photographed leaving a hospital on the late hours of last night. It has not been confirmed why she was in hospital, but was spotted leaving with Mason Mount, former boyfriend of the music star.
Despite it not being confirmed why Cross was in the hospital, rumours have sparked that it could be to do with her rumoured pregnancy.

Lacey sat on her sofa, not really moving or talking, but that was expected. Mason and Declan stood huddled in Lacey's kitchen, just watching the girl from a distance, the media had been spinning all around, writing whatever they wanted over the news and articles that were now spinning around, and Lacey couldn't take it, she felt as if she was already beyond breaking point, this didn't help.
"You don't have to stand a mile away, you know, being in the same room isn't going to change anything" Lacey mumbled, as Mason sighed to himself, and walked into the living room, sitting next to Lacey. "I think I'd rather feel numb right now than anything" Lacey whispered, but her voice was calm, it wasn't broken or cracked. "I know Lace, I know" Mason whispered, as his hand lay on top of hers in a comforting way.
"How are you feeling?" Lacey whispered, as she turned to look at him, her green eyes seemingly like an emerald colour, but it was the emotion she was holding back that caused that. Mason shook his head, "I'll be okay" Mason whispered, as he smiled slightly at Lacey, as she sighed, shaking her own head. "It's okay to be upset or angry, your human, you haven't just lost a match, you've lost more than that" Lacey whispered.

Mason nodded his head, leaning back into the sofa, Lacey's words spinning around in his head. 'You haven't lost a match, you've lost more than that'.
Mason tugged on his hair, standing up suddenly, causing Lacey to look over at him, her eyes laced with confusion. "Where are you going?" Lacey questioned, but before she could even get a reply, Mason had gone out of the apartment, and was in his car driving, Declan and Lacey looking at each other confused. "Maybe he just needs some time" Declan whispered, as he brought Lacey a cup of tea, sitting next to her. "But please don't push him away, let him be there for you, just like you need to be there for him" Declan mumbled, shaking his head. "Despite anything, whether there's feelings, whether it's just strictly friends, you need each other right now" Declan whispered, giving Lacey a small squeeze of a hug, before he too left Lacey to willow in her own self pity.

Mason Mount was seen arriving at his hometown in Portsmouth in the late morning, despite having a game at his home club later on today. Rumours have sparked that Mount and Lacey have been in hospital together and did to this Mount has taken compassionate leave immediately, fuelling rumours that Lacey is having trouble with her pregnancy.
Neither Mount or Cross have commented on the pregnancy, or the reasoning for being in hospital and media sources are respecting the families privacy at this time.

"Mase, what are you doing here love?" Debby, Masons mum questioned, as she let her son come through the front door, but he had no words, nothing to leave his mouth as he grabbed ahold of his Mum and sobbed into her shoulder. "She lost the baby Mum, she lost the baby" Mason mumbled, as Debby ran her fingers through his hair, comforting her son, as she whispered that everything would be okay, Tony - Masons dad stood in the doorway, his own eyes filling up with tears, feeling nothing but sympathy for his child. "I don't know what to do mum, I don't know how to make it better" Mason whispered, as his mum continued to soothe him, playing with his hair, holding him close, as Tony walked to the two of them, hugging them both, Mason quietly sobbing.

"How is Lacey?" Debby questioned, as the three of them sat at the dining room table, eating some food, Debby always said that the best way to feeling a little better was some homemade food, the homemade food being a lasagne. "She's coping, she's really quiet, but I just wish I could do something" Mason mumbled, as he moved his food around with his fork. "Well, I'm always open to the idea of meeting her, instead of reading about your relationship in the news" Tony stated, as Mason shook his head towards his dad. "It's always been complicated between us both, we both always wanted it out of the media" Mason mumbled, as he finally took a bite of the food on his plate. "Relationships have a funny way of showing themselves when you least expect it, the same as people are more open to their feelings when they know what they've lost" Tony stated, as Mason nodded his head, agreeing with his dad. "How about, next weekend we can either come to you, or you can come to us, I would really like to meet her too" Debby smiled, as Mason took a moment to think about it.
He had already spoken to the clubs manager about not playing for a couple of weeks, just until he had his head straight, the news of Lacey's pregnancy being confirmed to the football club, but that's the only person he had told, apart from his family and his now ex-girlfriend Morgan. "Maybe yeah" Mason smiled, as his phone began to ring in his pocket, Lacey's name flashing over his phone, making him smile for a brief moment. "Excuse me" he smiled, as he exited the room, answering the phone.
"His like a love sick teenager" Tony chuckled, as Debby nodded her head at her husband. "But his our love sick teenager" Debby smiled, as they watched from afar, Mason in the garden, his phone held to his ear as he kicked an old football around.