Thirty

LaceyCross_x

LaceyCross_x

I ask myself what am I doing here.

Liked by; sasha_rebecca, dandanadams, laurenfryer_ and 8,736 others

Sasha_Rebecca - you've got this
DanDanAdams - were live-streaming it!
LaurenFryer_ - you'll smash it babe

"I just don't get why you couldn't let me enjoy my Christmas Eve at home with everyone I would rather be with" Lacey mumbled to Alex as they walked around the venue, despite the weather warnings, Alex had managed to get Lacey to open for some upcoming band in the centre of London. But the catch was that none of her friends could travel with her due to them breaking the warnings and transporting her anyway. "It's a good opportunity, you need to find your own following without him" Alex mumbled, as he showed Lacey to her dressing room. "It's Christmas Eve though" Lacey mumbled, as she dropped her bag on the floor, looking over herself in the mirror, pulling a hand through her wavy hair, watching as it lay back on her shoulder like she hadn't even touched it.
"You'll be amazing, you're on in an hour" Alex smiled sympathetically, realising that the girl did in fact just want to be at home with her friends.

"Hey, Lacey I'm a big fan" a male come into the room, smiling at her, as Lacey looked up at him from the dressing table, recognising that he was one of the singers from the band she was opening for. "Oh hey, I really like your latest song, erm it's 'think about you' right?" Lacey smiled, getting up and hugging him, trying to be polite, as his hands grasped around her waist. "Yeah, it's number 4 at the moment, you're still above us" he chuckled. "I'm Marty by the way" he smiled, as Lacey nodded her head, pulling out of his arms, feeling that the hug had lasted longer than it needed to. "Oh I know who you are" she chuckled, as she remembered an interview they had done not so long back, Lacey only remembering it for mentioning her name, calling her one of the most fuckable artists of the year. "Have you decided what you're singing?" Marty questioned, as he followed Lacey into her dressing room, intruding in her space, Lacey rolling her eyes slightly at him. "Erm, yeah, you can hear them in about half an hour" Lacey smiled, but her smile soon faltered when Marty let his hand run through her hair, moving it from one shoulder to fall behind on her back, Lacey shivering slightly. "Right, well good luck" he whispered in her ear, his lips lingering there longer than they needed. Lacey shook her head as he left, watching him leave through the corner of the mirror before she pulled her phone out.

Laces;
I wish you was here, males give me the creeps.. no offence.

Masey;
Why what's up? Who's pissed you off?

Laces;
The world, I'll see you later, I've got to go.

Lacey sighed to herself, as she slipped her phone into her back pocket, walking down the hallways behind the stage to get to where she needed to be.
"That's the girl who was pregnant" one of the females spoke as Lacey walked past her, keeping her head down, pulling Masons jacket that she had stolen from him around her shoulders, letting it hang down her body. "I heard she's sleeping with her manager, probably how she got the gig, she's not that talented" another female mumbled back, as Lacey sighed to herself, stepping into the wing of the stage, Alex nodding at her. "Are you okay?" He whispered, as Lacey sighed, nodding her head. "If you can't be away from your friends for a couple of hours how are you expecting to do a tour?" Alex mumbled, as Lacey shook her head, her name being called as she walked onto the stage, hearing the crowd cheer for her.

"Aha, hey guys, I'm doing things a little different tonight, this is a song I heard the other day, and I'm super excited to sing it, and if you feel it relates to you, it probably fucking does" she smiled, her eyes casting over the camera in front of her, smiling at it as the music started, Lacey swinging her hips to the music slightly, feeling the atmosphere of the room change.

But really I would rather be at home all by myself, not in this room with people who don't even care about my well-being, I don't dance, don't ask, I don't need a boyfriend, so can you go back, please enjoy your party, I'll be here.

Lacey smiled, pulling at Masons jacket and smiling into the camera. Lacey moved around the stage interacting with the crowd. Touching their hands and dancing along with them.

Not there in the kitchen with the girl, who's always gossiping about her friends, so tell them I'll be here,
right next to the boy who's throwing up, cause  he can't take what's in his cup no more

Lacey continued to walk around the stage, her eyes falling on the two girls who had been talking about her previously, smiling at them with a small wave as they rolled their eyes at her, Lacey just laughing to herself.
The song ended, and Lacey thanked the crowd for their amazing energy, wishing them all a happy Christmas, before she exited the stage, pulling Masons jacket around her tighter, feeling the stares from the band as she walked past. "I know you just sang about not needing a boyfriend, but if you want one, you know where to find me" Marty winked, as Lacey shook her head, her smile fading. "It's people like you that make female artists feel like they don't matter" Lacey muttered, as she pushed past him, walking to Alex at the end of the hallway. "Right, grab your bag and we can go, it's obvious you don't want to be here" he muttered, as Lacey shook her head. "It's Christmas Eve Alex, I've cancelled my own plans, surely that's enough to prove I want this tour without sticking me on stage with a group of girls who are stuck up, and a group of lads who only care about one thing" Lacey mumbled. "If you want the tour you're going to have to work harder than this" Alex mumbled, as Lacey shook her head.

If tour meant working harder than she already was, was it something she wanted.