Sixty Five

"Is there anything you want to talk to me about?" Mason mumbled, as his hand tapped along his steering wheel to the music that was softly playing. "Why would there be?" Lacey whispered, a laugh leaving her lips, which she soon stopped when she saw his face. "I don't know, maybe a white plastic stick" Mason mumbled, but the smile was on his face, making Lacey's heart warm. "It was negative" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head. "Oh I know, but I don't know why you thought you couldn't talk to me about it" Mason whispered, as his hand found Lacey's, one hand still on the wheel as he drove through the traffic. "Because I know how bad you want it" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head. "I do, but I also know that it's something you don't want right now" Mason stated, a smaller smile on his face. "And I'm not pressuring you, but maybe one day" he smirked, as Lacey nodded her head.

Although Lacey was listening to everything he was saying, and trying her hardest to take it in, it just wasn't going into her brain. Her head elsewhere, thinking of riffs and lyrics, re-running her set list in her head, working out where she would place herself on the stages she would be on, but she knew Mason had made her come with him for a break, a break away from everything that was slowly stressing her out, and that didn't even come to the work load she had waiting from Sasha, who was also keeping her very busy. "You like tired, why don't you try get some sleep?" Mason whispered, as his hand found her thigh, giving it a slight squeeze, pulling her back to reality. "I'm fine" Lacey whispers, as she smiles at him, even if it was small, the small gesture he had given her had made her feel like she could do anything with him by her side.
"Maybe a day or two away with no phones will do us both some good" Mason smiled, as Lacey nodded her head, leaning one hand on the window with her head resting in it, and the other entwined with Masons, squeezing it softly, as she slowly drifted off into a sleep, despite her mind still running at what felt like a hundred miles an hour.

 The Mail

The Mail

Lacey Cross (Mason Mounts on and off fling or girlfriend) has uploaded this photo of Mason to her Instagram story earlier today. Whilst the pair are yet to be spotted in Portsmouth, it is clear that they are in the footballers hometown for some downtime.
Cross has been very quiet on social media, with fans sparking rumours that she is steering clear of drama with also signed artist Tallia Storm, who is keen to see the pair of young adults break up, already stating that she and Mason have been on dinner dates whilst Cross was in LA.
Are these two really destined to be the couple they want to be, or does it seem like they're just passing the time with each other.
Only time will tell.

"I don't know why you both reading that shit" Mason mumbled, as he pulled Lacey's phone from her hands, and pulled her closer in the bed of the room he stayed in when he visited home. "Because it's everywhere I go" Lacey muttered, as she rested her head on Masons chest, just relaxing to his heartbeat. "You need to learn to take a break" Mason whispered, as he played with the strands of her hair. "Do you really think we're just passing time?" Lacey whispered, as Mason scoffed, shaking his head. "I mean, I've always wondered if we will make this work with you being away, but I don't have a doubt in my mind about it" Mason smiled, as Lacey smiled to herself, she loved hearing Mason be positive about the distance and the strain their relationship was bound to go through, they just had to ensure it grew and didn't fizzle out.

"I think you let people get into your head too much" Mason whispered, as he continued to play with her hair. "And I hate that i can't do anything about that" Mason whispered, still playing with Lacey's hair in a soothing manner. "I just feel like i finally get happy, like i get really happy, you make me really happy" Lacey whispered, as she took a deep breath. "But then i think about all the times i've been happy and think about how something always comes along to change that, and i don't want anything to change right now" Lacey whispered, as Mason hummed in a response. "But i don't plan on leaving anytime soon, i'm yours for as long as you'll have me" Mason whispered, as he leant down and placed a kiss to her head, Lacey turning around and smiling at him. "Well, Mr Mount, i'll be yours for as long as you want me" Lacey smiled, pressing her lips to his. "I'm pretty sure you'll get bored of the football talk soon enough" Mason teased with a smile, as Lacey shook her head. "Maybe i prefer Dec and that's why im still here through your football talk" Lacey teased back, as Mason held a hand to his chest, pretending to be offended. "Using me for my best-friend" Mason laughed, as Lacey laughed with him, lying on his chest, just enjoying the moment they were in.

And for a moment, it was like time stood still, like nothing outside of them four walls meant anything to either of them. Like the fact that tour was approaching, quicker than both of them anticipated, like the fact that social media had their names posted thing's about both of them everyday, like Lacey was always busy working hard, and Mason was always working harder with training, and his home and away games, let alone the training behind the scenes for the World Cup that would soon draw closer, just like the summer, and before they knew it, the year would be over, with memories for both of them, even if they were memories spent apart for most of the year.

"I'll always remember us this way Lace, never the bad" Mason whispered, as Lacey slowly slipped to sleep.

Authors Note;
I'm really sorry posts have been limited, works been hectic & im in one of them low fazes, so everything I've wrote I've literally re-written, deleted or started again.
I hope you're all doing okay ❤️