Six

MasonMount: Sneaker Head ✌🏻

MasonMount:
Sneaker Head ✌🏻

Liked by; benchilwell, declanrice, jackgrealish and 19,837 others

BenChilwell - Mr I NEVER Have Shoes
MasonMount - it needs to go with the outfit!
DeclanRice - show off

Mason sat in the St George's park changing rooms, flicking through Instagram on his phone, reliving the night of Bens Halloween party, realising that he did in-fact confront Lacey about nothing that mattered, he enjoyed listening to her songs, and he was so proud of how far she had gone, but he let his own pride get in his way, not wanting to be branded the ex-boyfriend.

"Anything you wanna talk about?" Jack asks, as he plonks himself down next to Mason, looking over his phone as Jacks eyes landed on a photo of Lacey and Sasha, both of them smiling. "I didn't think I'd miss her" Mason mumbled, as Jack nodded his head. "We all miss her" Jack states, as Mason nodded his head. "It's silly isn't it" Mason mumbled, as he put his phone in the cubby hole, and pulled on his football socks ready to go and train for the day outside. "It's not silly, you might not want to admit it, the same as she doesn't, but you both still care each other, and when someone's singing about you and it's reaching number one in America, it's obvious everything is going to play on your mind" Jack states, as Mason nods his head. "The thing is" Mason starts, as he pulls on his hair. "I have a girlfriend, who I really like and we really get on, but she shows up, uninvited and I'm just sat here thinking about her" Mason mumbled, as he stood up, closing his locker a little too forceful, the bang of it echoing around the empty changing room. "Because even though you're happy, and she's happy, she still crosses your mind, and that's normal, it's called getting over someone" Jack states, as he stands up, and pats him on the back. "I hope you're right" Mason mumbled, as he walked with Jack in a comfortable silence onto the training pitch, ready to lose any emotions he had on the field, not wanting to feel the way he was feeling anymore.

-

Meanwhile, in LA Lacey was sat on the studio floor, groaning at herself, wondering why it was so hard to get the lyrics and the melody to fit, when it was something she did everyday. "You're thinking too much into it" Alex stated, as his voice scared her, making her jump slightly. "I thought going home would help" Lacey mumbled, as she pulled on her jacket, closing the book in front of her. "You don't have writers block, or a musical block, you're missing home" Alex stated, as she nodded her head, agreeing with what he was saying. "Well, it's a month and then you're back for as long as you need" Alex smiled. "Now, try run it again" he smiled, as Lacey nodded her head, putting her headphones over one of her ears, hearing the melody come into her ears.

When you leave my house, my car, walk away from the restaurant, I panic, I can't breathe, I bet you do this to everyone, and it's so cruel but I'm having fun, I wanna waste all my love you, I wanna waste all my love on you

Lacey smiled to herself, as she placed the headphones around her neck, smiling at Alex. "See, you're fine" Alex stated, patting her on the back.
Lacey smiled to herself, as she sat down, the track coming back through the speakers, hearing herself as she scrolled through her phone.
"It's about him, isn't it?" Alex questioned, as Lacey rolled her eyes, but nodding her head confirming what he was asking without having to mention his name. "Do you think when you go back you'll sort things out?" Alex questioned, as Lacey shook her head. "His got a new girlfriend" Lacey said, forcing a smile. "Things could be different when you go back, it's harder when you're asking someone to be your girlfriend as they leave for a different country" Alex laughed, trying to get Lacey to see the light in the situation, or the comical side of things. Lacey shook her head. "I couldn't do that to someone, it isn't fair" Lacey whispered. "If things were meant to be, they'll be, like the Beatles said" Alex smiled, as Lacey smiled back at him, a genuine smile. "I know, that's what I said to him before I come here, like, if we was meant to be we would find each other again" Lacey stated, as a photo of Mason appeared on her Instagram timeline.

Lacey wasn't sure when Alex left her alone in the studio, or how long she had been looking at the photo of Mason and the team arriving at St George's, the ongoing videos and photos that she had found herself staring at, like her life depended on it.
But then she found herself opening her text messages, her fingers gliding effortlessly over her keyboard conducting the message.

Laces:
You said you wanted to know if a song was coming out, well the song Waste that will come out soon has mentions of restaurants.. I don't know it's silly really, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Before Lacey could delete the message, she clicked send, instantly regretting it, not even aware of the time difference, panicking that she would wake him up, or distract him from something important. But as quick as she had sent it she received a reply.

Masey;
Thanks for letting me know I guess.. I'll look forward to hearing it.

As Lacey re-read and re-read the message, she felt all her anxiety about the song disappear from her body, feeling like she had stressed herself out over nothing, and maybe the conversation her and Mason had spoken was just words that needed to be said, or didn't need to be said, just something of a topic to talk about, something fate had decided for them to be together in that moment of time, whether it was an argument or a heated discussion, but Lacey now felt that the tension was gone, and once again, she couldn't wait to go home.