Twenty

•Potential trigger warning•

BenChilwell;

The brothers in blue 💙

Tagged; masonmount and reecejames

Liked by; masonmount, reecejames, declanrice and 87,283 others

MasonMount; it's a pleasure to share the pitch with you
ReeceJames; the lions of the club ;)
Username197- I love how Ben and Mase still get on despite the Lacey drama

Jack and Declan were laughing with each other in the tunnel of the Etihad stadium, conversing with the rival team was always frowned upon by upper-management, but only ever on match days, not wanting friendships to get in the way of what happened on the pitch. "Nah, we will sort something out, I mean is it worth having a baby shower now? When do you usually have them?" Jack questioned, as Declan showed him decorations for the surprise baby shower that he and Lauren had been speaking about. "I'm not sure, but Lozzas just to excited" Declan smiled, as he put his hand in his West Ham joggers, as Jack nodded his head. "Sash is the same, I swear she wants one" Jack laughed with a smirk on his lips, as a whistle blew indicating that it was time to go and get ready to come out of the tunnels, as they bid their fair wells, wishing each other luck before walking in the opposite direction of each other.

"Maybe Lace didn't feel up to the match" Lauren mumbled, as she checked her phone for the hundredth time, still expecting to see a message from Lacey, either confirming she was staying at home, or confirming that she was somewhere in the stadium, it was just peculiar that Lacey had asked for a ticket to not turn up. "I'll try calling her again" Mason mumbled, as he held a hand to his ear to block out the noise, the phone to his other ear, as the crowd began to chant louder at the teams coming out.

"Lace, yeah are you okay?" Mason questioned, as he heard her voice on the other end of the phone. "Where are you?" He questioned, trying to listen to what she was saying, but the crowd were overpowering the phone. "One minute" he mumbled down the phone. "I'll be back in a minute, I can't hear her" Mason mumbled to Sasha and Lauren, as they nodded their heads, turning to watch the boys on the pitch in front of them.
"Lace, can you hear me?" Mason mumbled, as he walked into the tunnel, trying to get a better service, the tunnels not letting him be able to have his phone call. "Fuck sake" Mason muttered, as he tried to FaceTime her, the connection freezing on him every two seconds. "I'm sure he'll forgive me" Mason mumbled, as he jogged out of the stadium to his car, an unnerving feeling filling his body.

"I'm telling you something is wrong" Lacey mumbled to Dani down the phone. "He won't pick up either" Lacey continued, as she rubbed a hand over her forehead, thinking the worst. "Look Lace, calm down, I'm on my way okay" Dani whispered, as Lacey nodded her head, deep breathing as she sat up in the bed.

"Lacey?" A nurse said, as she walked into the room smiling at her. "Can you wait like ten minutes, my friend will be here" Lacey whispered, as the nurse smiled, nodding her head, walking back out of the room.

"Dan, have you heard from Lacey? The signal was shocking at Etihad, but she's not answering her phone now" Mason mumbled, as he turned into a street a couple of blocks away from Lacey's, his phone on Bluetooth booming through his speakers. "Yeah, she's okay I think, I'm just on the way to the hospital now" Dani mumbled, a car horn beeping coming down the phone. "What do you mean the hospital?" Mason questioned, as he stopped the car from moving, his foot slamming on the break so that he could listen to what she was saying better. "Just that she hasn't really eaten, constantly being sick so the hospital wanted to check her over, it's nothing big" Dani mumbled, as she swore, moaning about traffic lights always being on red. "What hospital? I'll meet you there" Mason stated, as he loaded the GPS system on his satnav. "Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean you know media and stuff" Dani mumbled. "You can either tell me or I'll drive to every fucking hospital" Mason muttered, as Dani rolled her eyes in her own car. "Okay, okay, I'll meet you there" Dani mumbled, hanging up the phone but not before Mason got the address.

"Right, I'm just gonna check baby over, it won't be too long now" the midwife said, after the nurse had come in and made Lacey go into a drip to keep her fluids up. "My friend was supposed to be here" Lacey mumbled. As the door opened, and Mason come barging through. "What's going on?" Mason whispered, walking over to Lacey in the bed, her face showing the confusion. "What are you doing here?" Lacey laughed, as the midwife smiled between them both. "Are you dad?" The midwife asked, as Mason nodded his head smiling. "Yeah, I'm dad" he smiled, as he looked down at Lacey who smiled back at him. "Right, this will be a little cold" the midwife stated, as Lacey nodded her head, Mason laughing to himself. "What's so funny?" Lacey questioned, as Mason shook his head. "It just looks a little like lube" Mason laughed, as Lacey rolled her eyes.
"Right I'm just gonna get the nurse and I'll be back in a moment" the midwife stated, as Mason nodded his head, whilst Lacey sat there frozen, watching the midwife leave.
"Why do you look so scared?" Mason questioned, as Lacey shook her head, her eyes turning to the screen that was blank. "I didn't hear a heartbeat" Lacey mumbled, as she sat up in bed higher, trying to see the screen in front of her. "Lace, lie down, she'll be back in a minute" Mason stated, his hands grabbing her own, trying to comfort her, as the walked in with the midwife, popping some more of the gel on Lacey's belly, wiping the probe over her stomach, Lacey's nightmare coming true.

"I'm really sorry, but there's no heartbeat" the nurse stated, as Lacey looked at Mason. 

Authors Note;

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺