Fifty Four

• I recommend listening to the song whilst you read this one •

England;

Our 2021/2022 squad

Liked by 29,293,837 people

It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger, pushing each other to the limits, we were learning quicker

Lacey walked around the room, singing her heart out to the England team and their families, engaging with each person in the room, smiling and singing, what she was born to do.
Lacey come to Jadon Sancho and Jude Bellingham and smiled, holding their hands whilst she sang the words to them.

I always had that dream like my daddy before me
So I started writing songs, I started writing stories
Something about the glory, just always seemed to bore me, cause only those I really love will ever really know me

As Lacey got to Raheem Sterling, Harry Maguire and Jordan Pickford, again she held their hands, singing the lyrics to them, Jordan spinning her around causing her to laugh and smile, but continued to sing the song to them, moving on down the line.

I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure, cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major

Lacey stopped at the group that was now Marcus Rashford, Kelvin Phillips and Jesse Lingard, also taking their hands and singing to them, Marcus and Jesse pulling her in for a hug and smiling down at the girl. Lacey turned around to continue walking up and down the room, engaging with everyone, as Harry Kane's children and Ronnie, Phil's song hugged her legs, Lacey crouching down to hug them as they sang along with her, Lacey spinning Harry's daughters in a twirl before they ran back to Kate and Harry, both of the parents smiling at them.

Soon we'll be 30 years old, our songs have been sold, We've traveled around the world and we're still roaming

Lacey approached Harry and Kate, as well as Jordan Henderson, Bukayo Saka and Sam Johnstone, singing to them, all of them enveloping her in a hug, Harry's eyes filling with tears at the emotion of the song and how well it fit the team, how far they'd come and how far they would still push.

I'm still learning about life, My woman brought children for me, So I can sing them all my songs, and I can tell them stories

Lacey arrived at Phil Foden, John Stones, Tyrone Mings, Luke Shaw and Kyle Walker, Kyle and John dancing to Lacey's singing, smiling at the younger girl, the room beginning to sing along with her, the atmosphere feeling nothing but the love that the room had for each other.

Soon I'll be 60 years old, my daddy got 61, remember life and then your life becomes a better one

Lacey turned around and walked to Gareth Southgate who was stood with his family, as well as the coaching team, smiling at Lacey with tears in his own eyes. "Thank you" he whispered, as he wrapped her in a hug, giving her a right squeeze, before she turned to face the group she had left till last, but never forgotten.

Declan, Mason, Jack, Ben, Reece and Tammy Abrahams

I made the man so happy when I wrote a letter once
I hope my children come and visit, once or twice a month

Lacey took Masons hand in hers, as she sang about writing a letter, his smile never leaving his face, this may have been the first interaction they had, had this evening, but she knew she wanted to sing this lyric to him. Declan who's face was streaming with tears engulfed Lacey in a tight hug, muttering how emotional he was, Lacey nodding her head and wiping his tears, as Lauren pulled him into her own hug. Ben and Reece smiling at her as she past them, walking back into the middle of the room, as the circle of footballers, family and the team circled around her.

Soon I'll be 60 years old, will I think the world is cold, or will I have a lot of children who can warm me, soon I'll be 60 years old

Lacey stood in the middle of the room, hitting every bite flawlessly, watching as the crowd cheered along, clapping and singing to the younger girl, families hugging their children closer, boyfriend and girlfriends, husbands and wives holding their partners just that little bit tighter, all of them listening to Lacey sing to them.

Once I was seven years old, my mama told me
Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely
Once I was seven years old

As Lacey finished the song, the room erupted into cheers as Lacey took in the final atmosphere of the room, thanking them for letting her sing, clapping them herself, as the children's agin, ran at Lacey hugging her legs and she crouched down, hugging each and every one, telling them how special they were.

The room began to walk back of their seats or the bar, the children finding their parents again, as Lacey stood up, composing herself and giving the microphone back to the DJ thanking him, before looking around the room to find her own friends, seeing Mason stood, looking at her, his brown eyes sparkling, smiling at her.

Lacey walked over to him, slowly but steadily, wondering what it was she even wanted to say to him. "You was amazing, as always" Mason breathed, as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a hug, just wanting the moment. "I know you need to leave, I know I've been a dick, but I really don't want to lose you" Mason whispered, as Lacey pulled back from his chest, looking up at him. "I know, and I'm sorry for over-reacting" Lacey whispered, as Mason shook his head. "You care, there's nothing wrong with that" Mason whispered, as Lacey nodded her head. "Are we okay?" Mason whispered, as Lacey nodded her head. "We still need to talk, and I'm okay with taking the break you wanted this weekend, but Monday morning I want to walk into my apartment and see you sat on the sofa, a cup of tea, and a hug with the conversation we need to have" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head, bringing his lips to Lacey's forehead and placing a kiss there, his lips lingering a little longer than they needed to, but she didn't mind.

Authors Note;

This was inspired by the many many tiktoks, and I honestly relate this song to the team so much.
I'm a little gutted that my comfort team aren't playing tonight, but I know they need the rest and time to recover from injuries.
I hope you're all having a wonderful day ❤️