Fifty Five

BenChilwell;

BenChilwell;

Hazza was happy, I promise 😒

Tagged; HarryMaguire

Liked by; laceycross_x, declanrice, jackgrealish and 397,927 others

"I need to go" Lacey whispered, as her eyes scanned her phone, realising that it was in fact a couple of hours before she needed to check in at the airport, the table around her falling quiet. "You'll be back before you know it" Lauren mumbled, as she placed her head onto Lacey's shoulder, not wanting her to go, but trying to be positive and encouraging. "Is it bad that i hate going, but love it all the same" lacey chuckled, as she stood up from the table, her friends almost flipping their chairs trying to stand up quick enough to engulf her in a group hug. "Promise you'll call when you land" Sasha mumbled, as she held her friend close, Lacey nodding her head. "Of course, I'll even FaceTime you all so I can see you all drunken dancing" lacey giggled, as Jack nodded his head smiling at her. "Go and make us proud" Jack whispered, as he held his cousin close, half worried that the situation she was currently in with Mason would break her on her own in a big city.
"I've got to go" Lacey whispered, as everyone finally let go of the girl, watching her walk out to the front of St George's, turning back briefly to take in the final atmosphere of the room, the friends laughing, the children dancing, the room just in a buzz for the upcoming World Cup, the football season to soon draw to a close.

Lacey felt the harsh air engulf around her as she stood looking up at the stars for a moment, taking a deep breath and running a hand through her hair, as she shook her head, to no one in particular, just to herself, as she walked down the slope, ready to get into the taxi that she knew would be arriving any moment.

"Do I not get a goodbye?" Mason mumbled from behind her, as Lacey spun around on her feet, turning to face the midfielder that still made her heart skip a beat. "I didn't think there was anything left to say" Lacey whispered, as Mason shook his head, stepping closer to the girl. "There's always so much to say, and so little time to do it" he whispered, as Lacey took a step back from him, ensuring there was space between them. "You said you needed space" Lacey whispered, as Mason shook his head. "That's before I knew what I would be losing" he breathed, as Lacey sighed to herself. "You don't get to pick and chose Mase, there's hearts involved in this" Lacey mumbled, as Mason took a turn to sigh, nodding his head. "Arguably I said that before the problem actually started" Mason mumbled, as Lacey shook her head. "You let me believe you kissed her" Lacey whispered. "You didn't actually clarify that she kissed you" she continued, running a hand through her hair again. "Instead, after I've read every article about you cheating on me with my colleague, I hear from Dec that she kissed you" Lacey whispered. "And I could deal with that, I really could deal with that" Lacey whispered, as Mason opened his mouth to speak, but like deja vu, from months ago, nothing came out. "You let me have a broken heart" Lacey whispered, as the tears threatened to fall from her face. "You let me believe that you had cheated on me" Lacey finished, as Mason sighed, nodding his head. "You didn't trust me" Mason whispered, as Lacey shook her head. "I never doubted you, everyone else did" Lacey whispered, as Mason shook his head. "You didn't defend me, and that's enough to say you doubted me to some extent" Mason whispered.

The two of them stood in silence, as the taxi approached the driveway of St George's Park, stopping slowly at the end of the slope, as Lacey turned to face it. "So what does this mean?" Mason whispered, as his hand reached for Lacey's arm, turning her to face him for the last time. "It means I'm going to LA, you're going to play football and we're going to have time apart" Lacey whispered. "There's obviously doubts between us both right now" Lacey whispered, her voice barely being heard. "Are you breaking up with me?" Mason whispered, as Lacey shook her head. "I think, we broke up the moment you let me believe you had cheated on me, we just didn't say the words back then" Lacey whispered, as Mason nodded his head. "Unless you want to call wanting a break, a break up" Lacey finished, as the tear rolled down her face, something about saying the words out loud seemed to force her to break, not really wanting to acknowledge anything that had happened, until the moment was too late.
"I never meant to hurt you" Mason whispered, as he tried to step forward, but Lacey continued to keep the distance between them, stepping back until she was a metre away from the taxi. "I never wanted to hurt you either" Lacey whispered, as she looked back to St George's, seeing Declan and Lauren at the doorway, assuming they had heard the conversation that her and Mason had, had.
Lacey gave a small nod in their direction, before she opened the taxi door, slipping into the seat and letting the door close behind her, letting the taxi driver know she was ready to go.

And as much as Lacey didn't want to look back out of the window, she couldn't help herself, following her heart and looking at the male who's heart she had broken for a second time, but, it wasn't just his that was broken, hers was just as broken.

Mason and Lacey may have never been destined to fall in love with each other, maybe they always were, but as Mason watched Lacey leave in the back of the taxi, he knew the mistake he had made, and wanted nothing more than to make it right.

He reached into his jacket pocket, finding a small white box, that he knew he hadn't placed there himself.

An earbud each, I've airdropped you the playlist, I'll always be thankful for getting the chance to love you.
Lacey x