The forest of death (III)

She had killed three more skeletons and a zombie, but her mana was running low, so she would soon lose the protection of Darkness.

"Time to see if I can really do it," she encouraged herself.

Gjaki had some apprehension, some fear, but above all, expectation. She had been holding herself back from starting doing so directly, in order to take advantage and gain a few levels from the safety of the rock. Now, she had no choice but to act. A smile that showed two fangs showed on his face.

All the undead present turned to her as soon as she released the spell. It is true that she could have stayed longer on the stone while they would be trying to reach her, but she was eager to test her abilities, to prove herself.

She chose a zombie and jumped towards it. She felt the adrenaline rush through her body while dodging a skeleton strike with great ease. Although they were faster than zombies, it wasn't that they were tremendously agile, especially if they were compared to Gjaki.

After ducking her head and passing the skeleton, she circled the zombie. The vampire used once again Darkness for a moment to get her out of sight, so she could execute Backstab. At level 5, she already had enough energy to use it.

The zombie was three levels higher, so the hole inflicted wasn't lethal, but that didn't dampen the vampire's enthusiasm. By using both daggers, she began slashing at her enemy, dodging its clumsy attacks, and letting Dark Touch corrode it.

She got closer, slashed and dodged, and drifted away, thus drawing the other undead too. She would sometimes run around a tree for them to follow her. Then, Gjaki would catch them from behind.

It is true that it would have been easier to start with some lower level skeletons, but it wouldn't have been a challenge, not so much fun.

It was exciting to move her body with such agility, dominate the battlefield, dodge and attack beings theoretically stronger than her. That wasn't a new sensation, she had felt it somehow in the game, but now it was more vivid, more exhilarating.

When she finally managed to take down her opponent, she couldn't help but smile. Not only had the vampire achieved her goal, but she had leveled up again. Now, at 7, her enemies were a little less threatening.

She then decided to try Blood Overload. Suddenly, she felt more alert, stronger, faster, fiercer. Without thinking, Gjaki made her way to the nearest skeleton, leapt over it, turned in the air, and hit it with her legs. Its skull separated and fell a few feet away. The skeleton was clearly damaged, although it hadn't been completely defeated yet. In fact, its body was going in that direction to pick the skull up.

The vampire put her foot to trip it, while she attacked another one with her whip, and ducked to avoid a third, to whom she gave a strong kick that made it fall.

Immediately, she pushed herself toward the loose skull, momentarily put the whip on the ground, and grabbed a hammer with both hands to hit it.

She didn't own any hammer skills, but her affinity was at 10, and it was extremely effective at crushing a skull that couldn't move. As soon as she did, the rest of the skeleton lost its cohesion, the bones fell to the ground, and she gained some experience.

She didn't stop there, but instead put the hammer away, grabbed the whip again, and went back to attacking one of those which were approaching. A hole could be seen expanding into its skull from corrosion, thus showing that it had already been attacked before.

She used Grab to encircle said skull with the whip, and slid between its legs. Then, she got up and pulled the weapon towards herself. The skeleton fell with a crash, as its head moved under its own body because of the whip. She also hit another nearby skeleton which had just got up.

Far from stopping, Gjaki not only released her prey, but violently moved the whip to throw what was left of the skeleton against the other. It caused them to collide, thus finishing off the one had been Grabbed.

She made the whip release it, and moved to one side, away from three other skeletons and a zombie that were approaching from the other side.

"Ha ha, this's incredible," she laughed over-excited.

She then finished off the third skeleton and searched for her next victim, when suddenly the intoxicating effect of Blood Overload ended. She had filled her reserve when she was at level 2, which was much lower than her current one. Therefore, her skill had consumed what was left.

She felt slightly tired, as well as could think a little more clearly.

"Maybe I've overdone it. The effect is addictive. It's incredible," she told herself.

She decided to go back up the tree to rest for a moment, and check that there were no side effects, in addition to refilling her blood supply. There weren't much of lower level blood in the inventory, but she had never thrown anything. So, with a couple of level 5 and one level 6 vials, she managed to refill it.

Meanwhile, her enemies were crowding under the tree again, so she thought of using another of the rocks.

"No better not. It doesn't seem like I can take it back. I guess because I can't lift it by myself. I don't have many, better to reserve them for when I really need them. Plus, it's more fun to do it myself. Mmmh. The hammer that I have thrown before is there. Luckily, it hasn't been crushed by the rock. I should pick it up," she thought.

Suddenly, a small Gjaki came out of her and headed towards the heavy hammer. The vampire stared at her astonished, and even more so when she took the hammer and flied to her. The little Gjaki was ignored by the undead, and disappear with the hammer when it came back.

"She's stored it in the inventory!" Gjaki exclaimed, surprised. "What was that? How can I get her out?"

Just as she wished, she appeared in front of her. The little one was wearing the same tight leather clothing as hers, had the same silver hair, but was the size of her palm.

"Amazing!"