In group: seventh floor's boss (I)

She approached hidden in Darkness. She knew it couldn't be killed just by sneaking up on it, but it was always a good idea to start off inflicting some damage.

The blood warrior gave up setting Tentacles, as they were ineffective against that boss, like the Walls. She couldn't think of other strategies that she could use on her own at her level, only fight head-on. Although there was no problem in starting stealthily.

She carried the whip on her belt and wielded the two daggers. While it was convenient to take the weapons out of her inventory and put them back, they would lose the boons. Since this was going to be a long fight, she didn't want to incur the mana expense of doing it continuously.

She Climbed, Glided and landed on it to pierce with two Backstabs at the base of one of the antennae. Immediately, she unpinned her daggers and jumped back onto the millipede's back. It abruptly moved it head to bump against the wall, but the vampiress was no longer there.

Gjaki ran over her enemy, until she reached a point where its body was curled in on itself. There, she cast a Darkness Pillar, which hit it squarely.

If she could sustain that level of damage, she would finish it off relatively quickly, but it wasn't possible. She no longer had the surprise effect, and she could only cast a limited number of pillars. In fact, the vampiress only planned to do it if her mana pool was quite full, and there was a good chance.

The floor's boss Shook Off. Its body shook violently, with such a force that anyone who stood over it would be thrown. Also, anyone in the vicinity was at risk of being severely hit.

However, Gjaki was no longer there. She had wrapped herself in a Dark Aura after coming out of Darkness, to deal damage while on top of it, which had forced her enemy to react that way. She had used the Shook's momentum to get to the wall. Glide had helped, and she had glued to it with Climb.

The millipede lunged at her head-on, and Spat acid. Instead of going in a straight line, it made a small detour so that its body came towards her in all directions, surrounding her.

She pushed off the wall, with the aid of the Blood Surge boost. She intended to pass over it, but the huge insect bent part of its body. It created a kind of roller coaster with it, to place its sharp legs in the path.

She opted for Manual Block to stop the threat, thus catching one leg with her fingers. She propelled with them to pass over it, like a high jump competition. Despite the skill, and despite her success, there was a deep cut on her hand. That prevented her from wielding one of her daggers for a moment, but not the other. The weapon scratched over the leg and the insect's tough skin, though it didn't inflict too much damage. Dark Touch helped a bit.

Soon, Self-Regeneration healed her wound, as she sheathed the dagger in her belt and wielded the whip. She ran parallel to her enemy's long body, a little faster than it was trying to catch her with the part of its body that she had just left behind. While running, she kept hitting with the whip, and relied on Scrub and Dribble to keep the weapon on her enemy for as long as possible. By doing that, Dark Touch could affect it longer.

However, not only was the body Undulating towards her, but the head and tail were trying to complete a circle to enclose her.

When they got close to her, she stowed the whip in her waist like a belt, lunged at its leg again, grabbed it with her fingers through Manual Block, and jumped on it. This time, she used Harden as well, so the wound in her hand was little more than a scratch. Immediately, both daggers Scraped at the same time through her enemy's body.

This time, She stayed on top of it for a few moments, thus managing to land two Double Edge before it Shook Off again, and she had to jumped to the other side. She jumped again to avoid getting hit by Undulate.

The front of the millipede passed over its own body to follow her. It made the whole insect to uncoil. Its full length moved to follow the path of its head.

Since she had room for it, the vampiress raised a Dark Wall, and ran away. She kept a straight line between her, the Wall and the head of her enemy. An additional pair of Walls were cast along the path. In this way, while following her, it was crossing them with every part of its body, thus receiving a large amount of damage.

She had no choice but to zigzag not much later, to avoid its acid, until her enemy got close enough. It then opened its jaws to try to engulf her.

She took the opportunity to Grab one of the antennas with the whip. Then, she jumped, while relying on the whip to propel herself with more force. Gjaki regretted not having Metal Spring yet, which would have made the maneuver easier and less risky.

A bit of acid grazed her leg, though not enough to inflict much harm. Soon, Self-Regeneration would take care of it.

She landed near its head, while feeling the pain. Immediately, she leaped forward, again with the help of the whip to propel herself. Thanks to it, she reached the base of an antenna, perhaps its most vulnerable spot. Wasting no time, the vampiress picked up her whip, and began stabbing her enemy with one of the daggers.

It didn't take long for the floor's boss to Shake Off. This time she held over it, like it were a rearing horse in a rodeo. She was taking advantage of Climb to hold on, not caring that it wasn't the purpose of the skill.

Unable to get rid of her, the millipede Rolled over on itself. She had no choice but to grit her teeth and endure the first hit against the ground, for she couldn't nullify her skill and separate from it fast enough.

Gjaki felt the hard impact against the stone. It forced her to drop the dagger, which fell to the ground. She felt a sharp pain in her shoulder and back, so she didn't hesitate to let it go as her enemy Rolled some more.

The boss looked around, but she had hidden in Darkness, and crawled behind a huge rock. The pain was intense, although little by little it was wearing off. It took a couple of minutes for her to fully heal.

She had managed to deal quite a bit of damage so far, but had also spent mana, energy, and blood. Besides, she had been involved in very dangerous situation.

"I was wrong to try to ride it. It won't happen again," she told herself defiantly.