1 vs 9

One of the heads smiled wickedly, while waiting for the dust to clear and reveal the corpse of their prey. Another was salivating, as it wanted to devour an exquisite delicacy. It was sick of eating insects. A third seemed disappointed that it had been too easy. It even yawned.

"Without a doubt, I've hit it," a fourth boasted.

"What're you saying!? My shot was better!" the fifth contradicted.

"Without my idea of attacking by surprise, it wouldn't matter who has the best aim," the sixth assured.

The seventh sighed and shook its head, that is, all of it shook. It felt superior to its "childish" siblings.

"Are you sure we've hit it? I don't know... The explosion..." the eighth doubted.

"Always so paranoid..." the ninth disdained.

When the dust began to clear, they all looked in the same direction, in disbelief. To their surprise, the corpse wasn't there.

"Dammit! You've burned the food!" the second complained.

"It can't be, I've controlled my power," the fifth assured.

"It wasn't me!" the fourth defended itself.

"There's something weird here," the first doubted.

"May... Maybe we should go back to the water" the eighth suggested.

"Seriously, what're you afraid of? It was just a weak prey," the ninth scolded it as always.

The third and seventh looked at each other. They were thinking that there was something strange there.

"You have spoiled my plan!" the sixth one got angry.

They were arguing for a while, until they finally decided to return to their refuge at the bottom of the underground lake. The hunting trip had been a disaster. What they didn't expect was that they couldn't. A dense network of adamantine threads was preventing it.

Gjaki had worked hidden in Darkness, to surround the huge and powerful monster with her threads. She wanted to prevent it from running away. Therefore, the vampiress had placed as many threads as she could. She had only stopped when they had wanted to go back.

Lethal Net had been the last step. It had tightened the threads and trapped the hydra. She didn't use Lethal Thread to sharpen them though, as that would make them lose part of they now most important function. They had to retain it.

She stepped out of Darkness to move faster. She combined Blood to the Feet, her agility, and even Climb to climb the massive body, and reach the base of the massive necks.

"Over there! It's alive!" the eighth exclaimed meanwhile.

"I'm going to incinerate it!" the fourth threatened.

"You're going to hit me!" the fifth stopped it by coiling on the previous one.

"Leave it to me!" the second proclaimed, as it launched itself at the vampiress with its mouth hanging open.

Gjaki easily dodged it. Its teeth were sharp and dangerous, but its neck movement was too easy to predict.

"Ouch! What're you doing?!" the third complained.

The pain in their neck and head was felt by each one individually, but the pain in the body was felt by all of them. Since the second head had struck hard against it, several other heads stared at it annoyed. They were ignoring their prey, as they were convinced that it wasn't a danger to them. At least, until a terrible scream was heard from the ninth.

Gjaki had reached it and plunged both daggers deep, with the help of Backstab. Sanguine Extension had increased the effect of the wound, while Dark Touch and Bloody Touch contributed their share of it.

Immediately, she began to run around, without taking out her daggers from the wound. They drew a bloody circle around the base of the neck. Maybe, it wasn't very deep compared to the size of the neck, but the continuous use of Sanguine Extension was spreading the damage more and more. Additionally, Disrupt was acting on the ninth head, thus preventing it from reacting quickly.

All the heads looked in fear at their supposed prey. Not only was she extremely agile and aggressive, but Disguise had lost its effect on her. Therefore, it was exposed that she was a lethally dangerous foe instead of a prey. Worst of all, there were several of them.

They tried to bite them, and even shot their Fireballs at them. The heads that tried the first found that they were illusions. Those which tried the latter weren't sure, but they did feel the pain they were inflicting on themselves.

"What're you doing?"

"Wait!"

"Let me do it!"

"Don't shoot!"

"Don't you see that they're illusions!?"

"Where's the real one?"

"H... Help!" the ninth asked, terrified.

They all turned to it. Blood was evident from the circular wound. To make it worse, the surrounding water had been Polluted, which continually weakened them.

Gjaki didn't hesitate to bite into the badly injured head, and relied on Yum, Mana and Yum, Energy to restore her reserves. In addition, thanks to It's Liquid, It's Blood, she had been able to take advantage of the bite to replenish her blood pool. She had even executed Surplus to have an extra amount.

The heads didn't dare to attack her for fear of harming the wounded one. So, Gjaki was easily able to circle it. She was immune to attempts to throw her off balance with the movement of its massive body.

She then threw herself backwards, while holding on to a handful of threads that had been placed in the wound. The vampiress used Lethal Thread and Lethal Rotation. In the game, she could only use this last skill on the whip, but she had been testing it with threads, and it worked.

Then, she supported herself firmly on the hydra's body, and used all the strength she was capable of with her feet to propel herself backwards. To do this, Gjaki added Blood to the Feet, Blood Overload and Blood Pressure. To that, she added Stretch, a skill existing in one of the blood potions she had previously taken, and which was executed through Physical Assimilation.

Terror was visible in all eight pair of their eyes as they saw the long neck, that had been severed from its body, detach and fall. They all swallowed. At that moment, they understood the extent to which they were in danger.

Although terror didn't paralyze them. There was also anger and hatred towards the supposed prey that had cut off one of the heads. Maybe, it was a bit rude, but it was one of them.

Ignoring their fear, they all stared at the vampiress, thus executing a dangerous skill. Although it was now a ninth weaker, it was still terrible.