Marabunta (II)

The ban on fighting in the rest area was rarely broken, and no one did it a second time. The reason wasn't the punishment for breaking it, since there was none, but that it was considered a taboo, or the consequences were known.

The rest area wasn't only a protected against the dungeon's inhabitants, but also possessed a sophisticated enchantment impossible to resist. Those who could do so weren't normally allowed entry.

Said enchantment returned the force of an aggression to the aggressor, that is, in a certain way, they ended up being hit by themselves. Therefore, Gjaki hadn't hesitated to provoke him, as she wanted to teach him a lesson.

The adventurer got up from the ground, with his hand on his chin. It was hurting from the strong blow he had given to himself, without fully understanding what had happened. What he did know was that the mysterious adventuress had something to do with it. He could feel her smile teasing him behind the clothes that covered her face.

However, although brute, he wasn't stupid enough to attack a second time without knowing what had happened.

"I guess stupid crooked nose has already stopped barking. Shall we eat something?" she turned to her companions.

They looked at her without knowing whether to laugh, scold her or congratulate her.

"You... Damn..." the adventurer muttered.

"Oh! Do you want more?" she threatened with disdain.

If gazes could kill, the vampiress would have died a dozen times over. He wanted to attack her and beat her up, but was intimidated by that mysterious force. He didn't know if it came from her.

"Wait, there's something weird. I heard once something about that if you fought here, the room acted. I didn't understand it back then, but now it makes sense," one of his companions stopped him.

"Do you mean that it was the room itself that hit him?" another adventuress asked.

"That's what it seems."

They all looked at each other, then at Gjaki, suspiciously. It was obvious that she knew.

"Tsk, the fun is over," she lamented.

"Damn mammal. You'll see when we met out of here. I'll be waiting for you outside!" the adventurer with the broken nose threatened her.

Gjaki turned to him and activated Bloodlust. Since it did no real damage, it wasn't limited by the room's enchantment. In the game, it was considered a minor exploit.

"Do you really want to meet me outside? Are you in such a hurry to die?" she intimidated him with an icy voice and her aura.

Both he and his companions took a step back. The truth is that they couldn't see through her, that they didn't know how powerful she was. Her level seemed somewhat higher, but her aura was terrifying. More than one swallowed saliva, frightened.

"Fine... If you don't want to collaborate, it's your lose. We have other things to do," the leader finally gave up, and took his party to the other end.

They had wanted to intimidate that group in order to use them, to open the path, thus easing the job for them. However, while they might feel animosity towards the vampiress, the fear they had felt was real.

Bloodlust wasn't only frightening, but it hinted that she was the hunter, and they were her prey, her food. Somehow, if their level wasn't high enough, it could arouse primal terror in them.

"That has been spectacular. You deserve a cream cupcake" Krinia offered.

"Hey! Don't pamper her so much!" Kroquia joked.

"What's said, is said. Give me my cupcake," Gjaki demanded, half seriously, half joking. Everyone laughed.

That relaxed tone humiliated and intimidated the other group even more. It was evident that they weren't afraid of them, so perhaps the other party was more powerful than it seemed. They were even beginning to fear that they might retaliate.

"They've left. Looks like I scared them too much," the vampiress announced, shrugging.

"Have they really left the dungeon?" Krongo wanted to confirm, incredulous.

"Yes, they've used the portals," she nodded.

"Ha, ha. They deserved it. One problem less," Kroquia laughed.

The party that had wanted to intimidate them had left the room before them. Gjaki had gone out soon after to watch them with a Bat, and she had seen them disappear.

That group had already been there for a few days, they were tired, and they didn't have many supplies left. The confrontation with Gjaki and her Bloodlust had shattered their morale, their will to stay a few more days. Still, it was arguably a better decision than trying to ambush them, as one had suggested. If they had, not only would they have been discovered, but they would also not have been able to face retaliation.

They cleared the ants in one direction before going the other. That way, they wouldn't have a problem if they wanted to withdraw.

Thousands of ants were undoubtedly overwhelming, but it was also a great opportunity. Despite being one level below, they could take on them with some ease, at the expense of mana and energy.

On the first day, they went back to the rest area, but it was a waste of time. Besides, Shadow Ward was just as efficient and more comfortable. In it, they didn't have to meet other adventurers, so they could use the comfortable guest rooms of Gjaki's tent-castle without being seen.

Little by little, they were advancing towards the boss room, while accumulating experience and perfecting skills, spells and some weapons proficiency. Gjaki grew much faster than them, despite being a level above. She had reached level 39 after the slaughter of many thousands of ants.

As a spell, she had recovered Apparition, a scary-looking illusion that she often used in the game to scare other players, especially Goldmi and Eldi. In conjunction with Growl and Ventriloquist, it was even more effective, as she soon found out. She also earned a scold from Krinia and Kroco, while the rest held their laughter as best they could.

The Stiff skill allowed to harden any part of the whip as long as mana was used to do so. In the game, the main use of it was to trip someone, but the limit was in the imagination. In fact, a chair can even be created with a whip, though it required a lot of mana to maintain, and expertise to shape.