Green leveling area (III)

She had obtained blood, skin, poison, meat, and fangs from the coyotes. Their bones were left on the ground, as they had no use, or none that the assistant knew, that the knowledge of the game had given it. For that reason, it hadn't collected them, and neither had its employer ordered it to do so.

There was a sudden groan of pain, to where Gjaki sent a Bat. She could create more, but, at her level, the cost of maintaining them was a bit high.

She soon discovered a kind of terrestrial crocodile, a juvenile quinkana two and a half meters long and level 14. It was far from the five or six meters that adults of the species reached, which were also at a much higher level.

Through its jaws, its was gulping the pieces of the coyote that had been chopped by its powerful teeth. It didn't take long for the snake to detect the presence and hurry away from the place, while the Bat could perceive some shadows that were hiding and slipping away. Apparently, no other predator in the area dared to confront that reptile.

"Extremely tough skin, quicker reflexes than it looks, four levels higher... It's dangerous," Gjaki appraised, as she recalled the information from the game.

She stayed in the tree, attentive, watching the reptile. It approached the deer-scorpion remains and devoured them, after which it disappeared again in the shadows of the night.

She had un-summoned the Bat. She wanted to get all of her mana and energy back before leaving, while always being on the lookout for any movement in the shadows. Nonetheless, the quinkana trail was recent, so all presences avoided the place.

"I'm leveling up pretty fast," she thought while waiting.

Her speed was almost twice as fast as in the game, although she didn't know why. She thought maybe it was just like that in reality, but for now she didn't give it any more importance to it. The vampire needed to pay attention to her surroundings, so she couldn't worry about it. It wasn't something that bothered her either, quite the opposite.

After restoring her mana and her blood pool, she again summoned her little winged scout, whom she followed from afar. It wasn't a guarantee that her path would be free from danger, but it could discover much of them, or even be ambushed in place of its owner.

It was some kind of level 11 chameleon which swallowed the almost incorporeal being. However, its attack hadn't only failed to provide the food it sought, but its position had been exposed.

Unlike Gjaki's original world, color change was a skill they did use to hide, not just the result of their mood. At higher levels, leaves or branches could even be drawn on their skin.

It wasn't very fast or smart, and its main weapon was its incredibly fast and powerful tongue, a tongue that lingered too long with a second Bat. That prevented the reptile from using it to attack the vampire, who only needed to dodge the sharp tail, and finish off her enemy.

In the distance, she could see the figure of a huge level 10 ant. In the past, she had used ants to level up quickly, as they attacked non-stop. They were a continuous stream of experience points.

She Glided until she landed on top of it, and used the daggers to attack its eyes and slice through the antennae. The ant fell to the ground in order to Roll, but the vampire clung to it for an instant, pierced it with Scratch, and propelled herself upward.

She then ran on top of the ant in the opposite direction to which it was rolling, as in a comic movie, without forgetting to use now a spear to continue hurting it.

It soon succumbed, and fell prey to a certain fairy-assistant. Meanwhile, the vampire was lamenting that it had no blood.

Other ants were approaching. They were willing to take revenge on whoever had attacked one of their kin, so the vampire approached in the shade of a tree. She hid from the moonlight, and once again relied on Darkness to escape silently.

Since she couldn't draw blood from them, it weren't that interesting to kill them. She couldn't go to the dungeon either, at least for now, as the level of the area and the dungeon itself was a bit high.

She wanted to go as soon as she could, as it had the advantage that she didn't have to worry about day and night, if it was like in the game. However, Gjaki had the disadvantage that its inhabitants didn't provide blood. Therefore, before going, she needed to level up, and get enough blood.

Herbivores hid well at night, one of their main survival methods. Despite that, those harmless scarlet antelopes were fleeing in terror. Their refuge had been discovered by a smilodon, and the herd of about twenty individuals had had no choice but to flee, despite the risk of venturing into the woods at night.

One of those risks was a small flying being. Although it didn't have a great offensive strength, it could follow them, thus showing its owner the path they were following.

She had delayed along the way, to attack by surprise a level 11 black panther that had killed one of the antelopes.

Since she didn't know how to kill it with one blow, she had disabled one of the feline's legs, to later fight with it hand to hand. It isn't easy to dodge the panther's attacks, even with a wounded leg, unless being an exceptional fighter. It is better if there is a skill that increases agility.

She stepped back and arched her body to dodge a claw, while letting the dagger cut through the leg as it passed. The vampire absorbed some of the blood, and corroded the leg through Dark Touch.

She rolled to position herself under the cat when it tried to jump on her. She jumped to her feet and stabbed one of the daggers into its left thigh. Immediately, the feline turned, in pain, to find that its neck was Grabbed by a whip. Gjaki pulled it hard to knock her enemy off balance, at which point she pierced its jugular with the other dagger.

She shrouded herself in Darkness to move slowly into the shadows, and cautiously survey her surroundings. Meanwhile, her assistant recovered the remains, which included those fearsome fangs.

"It's sweet."

She had tasted the antelope's blood to make up for what she had spent. It was the first time she had tasted blood that was not unpleasant to, so the vampire confirmed her decision to try to hunt down the rest of those herbivores.