Close relationship

Gjaki took a deep breath. She had lost control and had acted impulsively, thus locking up those who were supposed to be her allies. She had to make sure she didn't do it again, so the vampiress tried to control her breathing to prevent it from happening again. It was something she had read in the past on a website, although she wasn't sure if it would work, if she could really control her emotions.

She opened the door, while hoping things hadn't gotten worse. They could have had a fight, and even be injured. She didn't even dare to think that any of them could have died. However, what she found was far from what she had imagined.

Count and Countess were on the bed, naked, hugging each other, kissing. After hearing the door, they turned, meeting the vampiress. For a few moments, the three of them stared at each other, without reacting.

"You have one more hour!" Gjaki exclaimed, and slammed the door shut.

She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks. While she might have seen photos or videos online, none of it had prepared her for this situation. Besides, her personal experience was practically non-existent.

The two vampires stared at the door for a moment, then looked at each other. Slightly blushing, they couldn't help laughing at that absurd situation.

In the past, they had been engaged, deeply in love. However, the events had played against them, and the misunderstandings had been piling up. It hadn't helped that her mother and his brother had conspired against them.

For the first half hour, they had been yelling at each other, accusing each other, blaming each other for what they supposedly had done, and what they hadn't. Afterwards, the counts had cooled down a bit, and had begun to speak more calmly. They had begun to discover that many of the accusations were false or manipulated.

They didn't know very well how it had happened. Simply, at a certain moment, they had stared each other, approached and kissed. Not long after, their clothes had started to fall off.

"We have an hour," she said seductively.

"We'll have to take advantage of it," he approached.

Their lips overlapped again, their hands found each other's bare skin, their hearts were eager to make up for lost time.

Gjaki had tried to occupy herself with the help of the tailoring platform, by making and altering some of the dresses she had promised to Coinin. When she got to a transparent nightgown, she couldn't help but blush again, completely unable to forget the previous scene.

The idea of spying on them secretly had crossed her mind, but she had managed to put it aside with some effort. Still, the vampiress couldn't turn back time and forget what she had seen, or stop imagining what they were doing now.

Her mind went from imagining them to being the protagonist. Her partner was a cat demihuman with black fur.

"Stop thinking stupid things!" she scolded herself, tried to calm down, and left the most daring models for another day.

Finally, she managed to forget about it a bit when going through some maps. Thanks to them, the visitor could remove the fog from certain areas of her virtual map, or add them, and plan what to do about her next targets.

She knew that until then she had been lucky, and that it wouldn't be so easy from now on. Surely, they would have been warned, and perhaps Krovledi herself would make an appearance. With her current power, Gjaki couldn't face her. Therefore, her main goal was to get stronger and do reconnaissance. Once she spied out the situation with her own eyes, she might be able to come up with a plan.

When they finally left the room, neither she met their eyes nor they did. The situation was somewhat awkward, and it was clear that neither of them wanted to talk about what had happened.

"I understand that from now on you'll be able to collaborate closely," Gjaki said.

It wasn't her intention to give the phrase a double meaning, so she went somewhat blank after realizing it.

"Cough... Yes, of course... We'll do our best to collaborate," the countess replied, as she averted her gaze.

For a few seconds, there was another awkward silence, which Gjaki managed to break in order to discuss more serious matters.

"You must be careful. Krovledi may try something. Maybe it's better if you hide your... relationship for a while. If you leave your mansions, do it secretly, or with sufficient protection."

They both nodded. They understood how dangerous their situation was, that there was a powerful enemy they had to face. If she suspected they were back together, she might be able to use it against them.

They talked for a while about how the two counties could work together, but Gjaki soon grew bored. She preferred to let them deal with these issues on their own, since she had little to contribute. What interested her most was any information she could get about the other counties, or about Krovledi.

There wasn't much. All three were more powerful than the first two, with Fangorm and Cluasde being significantly superior to the third, who was called Pokmu. However, the last one was also considered the most dangerous.

He was a vampire who could be described as gloomy, who had left the reins of the county to his subordinates. He had focused on his experiments, no matter how cruel or unnatural.

Kilthana mentioned that her mother was afraid of him. However, it was difficult to know what he was working on, since his territory didn't interact much with the rest. It looked like he was zealous of his secrets.

In addition, the borders were guarded, even the forests. There were numerous alarm and guard experiments in them, which made them impenetrable. However, far from dissuading the vampiress, she found it even more interesting.

Sneaking into guarded areas had always been her favorite missions, plus she had the right spells and skills for it. If anyone could get in, that someone was her.

She therefore decided to try to sneak into Pokmu County, though she didn't tell the new couple of her plans. They had warned her several times not to go there, and she didn't want to argue with them. She didn't quite know how, but the incident had ended up causing the three of them to get closer. They no longer hesitated to say what they thought to the vampiress.

"Do you think she's going to Pokmu County?" Solodkro asked as he watched her go.

"I'm afraid so, and also that it was impossible to talk her out of it. I hope that nothing happens to her. I owe her a lot," Kilthana answered.

"We owe her a lot," he corrected her.

She turned with a smile, which soon turned into a long, wet kiss.