ONE STEP AHEAD

DORA'S POV :

Sitting in my office room, I was thinking about what happened yesterday in the shareholders meeting.

**************FLASHBACK*************

Entering the board room, Vincent took his seat while I went to the head chair.

Vincent signalled them to speak as soon as I sat down.

"We lost around 4 millions, and our share value is decreasing still now just because of an incapable CEO" One of the shareholders said.

"Two companies want to stop using our technical support or team, and we may loose many of the projects in the future" another shareholder said.

"Mistakes happen, so why don't we try to solve the issue instead of dwelling in it?" Vincent said.

"Even when we solve the issue, I don't think Miss.Jonathan is fit to be a CEO" One of the old shareholder said bluntly.

When I was about to speak, the door opened and Isaac came in.

Those who were discussing all turned quiet.

"Sorry I was late, but I didn't expect you all to start the meeting without me" he said while walking towards me.

When I stood up to give him the seat, he pressed my shoulder and made me sit in the chair.

With a snap of his finger, someone brought a chair, Isaac placed it next to my chair and sat down.

"You may continue" Isaac said waving his hand.

Surprisingly, none of them dared to speak.

"Sir, for companies sake we have to change the CEO because it would ruin the future developments" one of the shareholders said cautiously.

Isaac looked thoughtful while he gestured others to speak.

Noticing that Isaac didn't object they spoke boldly.

"I think it's better to find someone who is efficient enough to handle the company" Another one said.

"Someone who handles the company better?" Isaac pondered while tapping his pen on the table.

"Yes, someone who can bring more profit to the company and prevent such mistakes from happening" another shareholder said enthusiastically.

"Fine, but where could we find someone capable within a short time?" Isaac questioned.

"We all know how tough it is to find a talented CEO immediately, so we all think Mr. Frank's son is a good candidate for this" one of the shareholders said.

Oh so, they want to bring their person inside the company. They sure know how to strike while the iron is hot.

"Is he experienced?" Isaac questioned as if he was interested.

"He is not experienced, but he is efficient... I am not saying this just because he is my son, he is truly a suitable person" Mr. Frank said.

"So, you want to replace Miss.Jonathan who was the founder of the company, who took care of the company from the beginning to your SON who is so called efficient by you to manage a multi national company?" Isaac asked.

"That Mr. Knight, we all invested in this company just because you invested, now we don't want to loose money because of Miss. Jonathan" Mr. Frank said.

Isaac stood up and buttoned his suit calmy.

"So, you invested just because I invested, I never forced anyone to invest hell I didn't even ask anyone to invest in this. Since you are worried that you'll loose money...." Isaac said and snapped his fingers and Ashley came in.

She gave every shareholder a file.

"You can sell all your shares to me, anyway I already have 32 percent of  share, I'll be more more than happy to be a sole share holder and you guys need not worry about loosing all your money"  Isaac said and started to walk out.

Every one was surprised, no one could speak.

"Mr. Knight, let's talk. It was our mistake" Mr.Frank hurriedly stopped Isaac.

Isaac stopped and turned towards him.

"Please let's talk" another shareholder said.

Isaac nodded and sat down.

"I don't have any intention of changing the companies CEO, even if I wanted to change, Aiden Adams would not like that" Isaac said. Why is he mentioning Aiden?

Everyone was puzzled about the sudden mention of Aiden.

"My bad, I forgot to tell Aiden is her boyfriend....oops sorry again they got engaged few days back so you know Aiden won't like it when he hears how you guys are trying to remove her from the CEO position" Isaac said ane looked at all of them who were dumbstruck. Well played Isaac.. you are always a step ahead.

"So don't try to push your people into the company, just enjoy your profits don't make me to force you all to sell the share. Meeting over" Isaac said and waved his hand for them to leave.

Everyone could only leave with disappointment.

I sneered looking at these people who wanted to throw me from my position.

"You should always be ahead of everyone to win, be ready to fight. And know that only power and money will make people obey you" Isaac said to me.

**********END OF FLASHBACK********

I snapped out of my thoughts when Hailey shook her hand in front of me.

"Mam, are you alright? You were kind of distracted" Hailey said.

"Fine, so what about our employees who worked for the German company" I asked Hailey.

"I fired them, and Mr. Isaac sent a word to big companies not to hire them" Hailey said. Good...they don't deserve sympathy.

"So, did you contact that German company? What did they say?" I questioned.

"They are not satisfied with our technical security system, they are quite pissed at us.... Their companies representative will be here by tomorrow" Hailey said while I massaged my forehead.

When we were discussing, another employee, came in without knocking. I could tell whatever he has to say is important.

"Mam, do you know which company got the project that German company lost?" He asked anxiously.

I started to have a bad feeling about it. I tightened the hold on my pen.

"It's Adams industries" he exclaimed. Fuck.

"What?" I exclaimed, the pen in my hand snapped.

At that time the door opened and Aiden walked in.

"Baby, I can explain" he said and came near me.

"AIDEN JUSTIN ADAMS" I gritted out.

This fellow better have a good explanation.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Vote
Comment
Share.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜