Chapter 57: Fuck you

Start from the beginning

It seemed like Courtney had sensed something was wrong because she was waiting outside in her pajamas when I pulled into the driveway.

With her arms open, she welcomed me and I buried my face in her chest as tears continued to fall.

"What's going on? You okay?"

Her hand fell to my back and the other wrapped around my the back of my head.

"I need to tell you about tour and Y/N"

Y/N's POV:

I woke up to Courtney's name flashing across my phone as it vibrated near my head. With a groan, I rolled onto my side and answered, "Hello?" I spoke softly.

"Where are you? The party starts in two hours and you aren't even here to help set up like you promised"

I suddenly gained energy and sat up.

"I'm almost done getting ready," I lied, "I'll be there in 30"

"You better or your niece privileges are gonna be revoked"

"Whatever"

I got out of bed and took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and got ready before rushing outside to make it to Courtney's in time to set up.

"Where's the birthday girl?" I asked excitedly as I entered the backyard where Courtney stood empty handed beside Ariana.

"Hey," Court greeted with a smile, hugging me while Ariana seemed uninterested with my presence.

"I've gotta go wake her up from her nap and get her dressed, I'll be down in an hour" I nodded and watched my sister walk inside before I made my way over to Ariana.

"How's the setup going so far?" I asked in an attempt to make small talk since things had clearly changed since the last time we talked.

She didn't say a word and instead moved across the grass to the other side of the backyard near the blown up slide. I turned around but she didn't look at me.

I followed her like an idiot.

"What's going on?"

She remained silent so I grabbed her hand, causing her to look at me for a moment before she looked away, "Nothing," She snatched her hand away and back up slightly, "I don't wanna talk to you right now"

I walked away and went inside, catching Courtney in the kitchen grabbing a bottle from the fridge.

"What's wrong with Ariana?"

Before she could answer, Raine began hysterically crying. We both looked down the hall where she sat at the end of, using the backs of her hands to wipe the tears that fell.

The sliding glass door had opened and shut during that time but we hadn't noticed until Ariana walked past.

I turned around and held eye contact with her for no longer than a second before she shut the front door without a word exchanged.

Hours had passed since Ariana left and to say I was miserable would be an understatement. I was surrounded by a bunch of crying toddlers, my niece being one of them.

Hell would be a good comparison.

After the cake was cut, I made Raine open my gift first. Courtney noticed how bummed out I looked and walked over to me, knowing I was leaving, "You're leaving early, why?"

"I don't feel good," I kissed the top of my sister's head along with my niece's and gave her a side hug before grabbing my keys.

"It's Ariana isn't it?"

"I'll text you when I get home"
"Drive safe"

She gave me a small smile which I returned and left.

I drove home in silence like a psychopath and changed into more comfortable clothes: Grey sweats and a black hoodie. I turned on cable tv for the first time in ages and made some popcorn to keep myself busy for the night.

In the middle of a commercial for Target, my doorbell rang.

I didn't bother to check who it was and opened it.

Ariana.

"What do you want?"

I noticed the tear stained cheeks and lack of makeup she had.

"I think we made a mistake, I shouldn't have pressured you into trying to make us work again because things aren't gonna work out between us"

I nodded, taking note of her bottom lip beginning to quiver. Curious, I asked, "Do you not want things to work out?"

She opened her mouth to speak but stopped when her phone interrupted. One look at the caller ID and she declined it.

"Is that Dalton?"

Silence.

"So he pisses you off, you come over and," I shrugged, "You want to use me to get over him? Is that what this is about? Because he didn't want you, you suddenly want me again?"

"He's controlling" She mumbled, trying to avoid my eyes but ultimately failing.

"Then leave him Ariana, I don't know what else to tell you"

"It isn't that easy"

"I'm not dealing with this- -with you tonight. Maybe if you had your feelings in check the first time around you wouldn't be going through this, now would you?"

She stepped closer to me, impossibly closer.

With her whole chest, she shouted, "Fuck you"

Both of our eyes dropped to the other's mouth before looking back up, making eye contact.

Leaning in, our lips met and her hands immediately flew to my hair. Her fingers tangled within my curls, softly scratching against my scalp while she tried any and everything to pull us closer to each other.

My hands fell to her waist, gripping her skin gently.

I bent down slightly and she took the hint, jumping and wrapping her legs around my waist without breaking the kiss.

Pulling away breathlessly, she muttered, "I've never wanted to punch someone and ride their fa—"

I cut her off by slamming her back against my front door.

We made our way up the stairs to my bedroom.

She had already begun clawing at my back in an attempt to get my clothes off faster and it was something that I admit to missing.

I missed this, I've missed us, I miss her.

Ariana and I had fallen asleep beside each other for the first time in a while and it was something I could get used to again.

She looked peaceful.

Her bare chest rested against my sheets, the blankets up the middle of her back and her hair a slight mess.

God, she looked beautiful.

I slowly got out of bed and went to use the bathroom.

Before I crawled back in and beside the sleeping Ariana, my phone buzzed and I obviously checked it.

An unknown number had texted me, 'I don't know if she told you or not but we've been sleeping together'

-

I was gonna give y'all smut but I wanted this chapter out of my drafts

I didn't make you wait till tomorrow 🙄 knewbetterd