Accidentle Murder

Rantaros pov

We all took our places at the stands once again. I understand that everyone was desperate to get out but hina was a good person and killing her like that was just... wrong! I'll find her killer and avenge her death!

"ok so it's pretty clear that hina was stabbed to death" shuichi muttered "I checked her body and she was stabbed twenty-seven times in the chest"

"and judging by the depth of the wounds I think it's safe to say that she was killed with a kitchen knife" kyoko sighed.

"damn. Whoever killed her must have been harbouring quite the grudge" mondo muttered.

"she must have been attacked in the kitchen before she even had the chance to fight back" Kiyo sighed.

"no I don't believe that's the case" I muttered.

"eh? It wasn't?" kiibo gasped.

"no. I have a tesamoni from chihiro that he heard screaming and the door was locked. We can assume from that that the murder was both premeditated and she had time to fight her attacker"

"wait how do we know that chihiro didn't make that up?" miu said accusingly.

"no way he's telling the truth. I was there with her" himiko yelled.

"I was there too" mondo muttered.

"with two witnesses there I doubt that this could have made up" kyoko muttered.

"fair enough" miu sighed.

Everyone was silent for a bit.

"so how are we supposed to find the masked killer?"  asked.

A masked killer? The more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense.

"oh I bet it was sparkling justice!" genocide yelled "I've been studying him for years. I'm kinda a fangirl!  and that mask definitely belongs to him!"

"I doubt it" I sighed "I searched the sparkling justice article and sparkling justice was originally from Spain. There's a low chance of him being here"

"oh geez I totally overlooked that" genocide laughed like a mad person.

"ok then who's the masked killer?" keade asked.

I sighed "guys I don't think there was ever a masked killer"

Everyone gasped.

"what do you mean there was never a masked killer?" keade said in disbelief.

"think about it. Hina was a strong girl there's no way any one of us could come away from a fight with her without a scratch. Which means the killer would have to be someone with several inj-" I stopped. The conclusion hit me like a ton of bricks.

Mokoto nodded with a smile as if he was saying its ok. Like he's accepted his fate.

"mokoto you lied to me didn't you? You were the one who killed hina"

He chuckled sadly "I knew you'd figured it out ran! Your so good at these things"

"alright kids it's voting time! Time for you to pick the blackened!"

We picked mokoto and got it right.

"the hells wrong with you!" mokoto yelled in the boys face "how could you murder a girl like that!"

he looked away from us "I just wanted to talk things out. I felt terrible for the things I said and wanted to make it up to her but she freaked out thinking I was going to kill her. She started hitting me. I thought about all the things she said before and I got angry. I grabbed the nearest knife and stabbed her. All I could see was red and when everything came back she was laying dead at my feet.

"oh my god" himiko covered her mouth in shock.

"I can't believe I did that to someone I considered my friend" he gripped his hair with tears in his eyes "What have I done! What would komaru think of me now?"

"Well no need to worry now. You'll be joining her soon" Monokuma chuckled darkly "let's give it everything we've got! Iiiiiiits punishment Time!"

Mokoto was placed in a barrel with no way out. Several Monokumas popped up with swords in their paws.

Mokotos punishment
The one hundred sword challenge

One by one the sword went inside the barrel only narrowly missing him. Eventually Monokuma got tired of constantly missing and kicked the barrel down a hill where the swords sliced into him. When the barrel reached the bottom of the hill we could see a pink liquid pouring out of the cracks.

I sighed. All this over a pety fight. What a waste of life.