Chapter 87: the future.

Start from the beginning

I couldn’t have peace and quiet in here for long, after a few minutes the door opened and in walked Dream, followed by Darryl and Skeppy. My mate made his way over to beside me and kissed the side of my face.

“Can you tell me why Drista came into my office with our son and took $500 from my wallet?” he asked, leaning close and speaking directly into my ear.
“Why do you think I would know?” I asked back, “she wouldn’t have listened to me if I told her not to.”
“True. I keep telling you that my sister is a terrible influence on our child.” The blond muttered.

Then he laughed loudly and kissed the side of my face again before I looked over to Skeppy and Darryl. “How is work going with you two?” I questioned, trying to hide my blush as Dream sat directly beside me.

“It’s going good,” Skeppy smiled, “I have managed to enlist 2 dozen donors for the campaign in the past week.”
My friend nodded in agreement, “at this rate we have a lot more chance of winning the vote to get humans more rights. It helps that the president supports our cause.”

He gestured at Dream who smirked. “Schlatt was against everything that my Georgie stood for, so I had to get rid of him eventually.” the pride demon nuzzled into my neck.
Skeppy chuckled as I tried to push him off of me, “damn Dream, I didn’t realise you were that much of a simp.”

Dream let go of me to glare at the ravenette and I pushed him off at the opportunity. The pride demon began pouting again and I turned to look at Darryl. “How are your daughter’s going Darryl?” I asked him.

My human friend smiled as I brought up his 2 young children. “Well Celia and Maddi are both staying with Philza while we are working, but they are both good. They also want to have Richie over to play sometime soon.”
I gave him a nod, “Richie will probably be glad to hear that.”

Celia is Skeppy and Darryl’s oldest daughter, just over a year younger than Richie; she is a ravenette like Skeppy but has the same bright eyes as Darryl does which were framed with glasses also like my human friend. Her younger sister, 1 year old Maddi, seems to take after Skeppy more though, with her dark hair starting to come in and the same near black eyes which have flecks of an emerald green in them.

The pair of them were adorable girls, and Celia was pretty much Richie’s best friend if you exclude his aunt. And I was lucky enough to be their godfather. Karl wanted to be their godfather but Darryl didn’t trust Sapnap and Quackity with his precious daughters.

Darryl moved to sit beside me and the two of us began working together to design some more advertisements for the campaign while Skeppy and Dream just bickered as though they were the same age as their children.

Drista POV.
that night

Richie sat cross-legged on his bed in the guest room of my house. A blanket was pulled up around his shoulders to keep him warm and he watched me with a slightly quizzical face. “Are you sure that my Dad’s are fine with me staying here with you for the night?”

I nodded, “they won’t mind. They know that I am responsible enough to have you here for the night. Plus, unlike your parents I will let you have McDonald’s for breakfast tomorrow.”
My nephew smiled excitedly and his eyes lit up brighter under his messy mop of fluffy hair.

It surprised me how such an amazing child was made from DNA that was 50% my brothers. I mean my brother is so annoying, and stupid, and a dickhead, and annoying again, but Richard was perfect. He must have gotten more of his genetics from George.

“Do I have to go to bed right now?” he asked, his big round green eyes staring up at me as he gave me puppy dog eyes. I definitely regret teaching him that face.
“Unfortunately if you were in bed any later than now your father would kill me.” I sighed.

“Do you mean your brother?” he asked curiously, and I resisted the urge to laugh.
“No way, I can beat Dream in a fight easily. But George would probably rip me to shreds if you were up watching TV for several more hours.”

“Can you tell me a story then at least?” he asked, “I’m not tired yet. A story would probably help me sleep.” very convincing argument child…
“Fine Richie, but only because I am the coolest person that you know. One story and then bed, but don’t worry it will be a long story.”

His face lit up as I sat on the edge of the bed beside him. “It all started about 5 and a half years ago, just before the start of Fall... a 19 year old boy was living in a cave on the edge of town with his 2 best friends. For the past 10 years they had been living in the wilderness to keep away from demons like you and me.”

“They needed to collect food before Winter, collect the last of the fruit from Spring and Summer, and catch some fish before the rivers froze over. Meanwhile, back here in the city there was a pride demon who had a really important job, but he had just been interrupted by his best friend who wanted to take him to catch his own pet human…”

I began explaining in more detail and watching as Richie listened excitedly to every word I said.
_________________________________________
1687 words.

Damn. Story goes in a circle.

And I didn't know what to fucking call Darryl and Skeppy's kids so hush.

Also, can confirm Karl has twins, a boy and girl named Ollie and Tash.

For my future stories, since people wanted the one that's similar to squid game I left it in the next Hunger Games chapter. Double upload for that too guys so please check it out.