Chapter 42: the half-human

Double upload.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
_________________________________________
George POV.
1 day later

My eyes fluttered open, looking up at the bright lights of the medlab I’d fallen asleep in. Damn… I had hoped that this was all a nightmare and that I’d wake up with Dream. My head was pounding and it felt as if I wasn’t in my own body anymore but observing it from across the room or something.

I heard a quiet shuffling behind me and tilted my head to the side as I saw my dad walking over to me. The majority of my body still hurt but most of the pain had subsided. My dad reached over to me and I tilted my head to the side for him to examine the injury on my neck. “It’s healed over,” he muttered, which made me smile.
“It worked?” I asked, meeting his eyes and giving a small relieved smile.
His eyes widened as he began to examine my face and I raised an eyebrow at him, “what?” I asked, tilting my head to the side.

“Your eyes… they are glowing…” my father stated, looking as if he didn’t believe it. “And… you have fangs in your mouth…”
“What?” my hand immediately moved up to my mouth and traced over my teeth with the back of my thumb. Sure enough, there were some fangs in my mouth which were quite sharp, and when I pulled my hand away there were thin specks of blood from where the fangs had pierced my skin.

“So… what does that mean?” I asked, moving my legs to sit off the side of the hospital bed.
“It means that you are the first human-demon hybrid…” my father stated and my eyes widened. I was about to say something, but then Corpse came into the room and I immediately clenched  my mouth shut.

“Good to see that your son is feeling better.” the demon stated in a crisp tone, which didn't sound authentic. The demon moved over to examine my neck and his eyes narrowed, but my father spoked up.
“Yeah. I had to transfer my blood into him and stitch him up with a needle.” he stated, thankfully this part of the room was in a blindspot so he couldn’t have seen anything in the camera to go against the story.

Corpse nodded at my father's explanation although not seeming to care too much and turned to look at me. "Dream hasn't done anything yet and I'm assuming Fundy has already sent the letter. I expected him to have already quit his job to make sure you're safely returned to him."
I don't know Fundy well but seeing how obsessed he was with Dream I doubted he'd actually deliver it.

I let out a growl at the thought, then a whimper at the thought of not seeing the blond demon again. Corpse sent a curious glance over at me and his eyes narrowed but he didn’t say anything. Instead turning his attention back to my father. “Well Davidson, I decided there will be an auction tonight to see which demon gets the right to kill you.”

“What about me?” I asked him, I didn’t look into his eyes since I was worried he’d see mine glowing.
“Haven’t decided yet.” he said with a shrug of his shoulders, “if Dream does as I asked you’ll go back to him. If he doesn’t then who knows.”
I let out an audible gulp and he continued to talk for a few minutes while my focus stayed on the wall behind me, in the opposite direction of the demon.

Eventually he left and I sighed. My dad turned to me and smiled as he sat down beside me. “I’m sorry, for everything…” he mumbled, and my eyes widened slightly as I looked over at him.
“You’ve already apologized Dad… you don’t need to do it again.” I growled. The noise was animal-like, and it sounded similar to the one that Dream made.

“No… I want you to tell your demon friend… Dream... that… this is an apology for him.” my father said quietly. “I thought about what you said to me in the woods the other day and you were right. I was being an overprotective dick. I just had lost you once to demons and I didn’t want to lose you again and you should know what is good for you… even if that means a demon… I’m sorry.”

"Dad… you will be able to tell him that yourself…" I said, "Dream will come and get us…"
My father shook his head once, "I doubt it. It's a big city and he could be looking anywhere for us… I'm going to be dead tonight..."
I let out a low growl, "can you have some more faith please?"
“You’re right... sorry. I think that Dream will find us soon.”

I gave a hum of approval, leaning back on the bed slightly. We sat for a moment before my Dad’s eyes widened, “I just realised… were those marks on your neck…”
“...yes.” I cut him off, already knowing that he was going to say hickeys.
“Did Dream…”
“Also yes…” I said again, giving him a smirk as my eyes lit up slightly.
“That’s fine…” my father stated and I nodded.

I let out a content sigh, not because this place was good, but because my father is finally being half-decent. That means that when Dream comes and gets us they can get along unlike they have been doing for the past week.
At the thought of Dream and my father getting along I let out a small purr.

My father looked over to me and raised an eyebrow. “You can purr?” he asked.
I hadn’t even been paying attention to the purring, but my eyebrows furrowed for a moment and I nodded. “I guess so. Dream can purr so it must be a demon thing,” I explained.

“That is… incredible.” my father muttered, going full scientist mode.
“Uhh-thanks…” I responded. Curling my feet around each other and dip my head down slightly as my hands clutched the edge of the bed.
“I wonder what else you can do…” my father asked, and I cocked my head to the side.
“I don’t know…” I replied, my purring quieting slightly. “Do you want to find out?” I asked him.

Even though I hated my Dad for not having faith in Dream finding us he did speak with a bit of truth. This was a big city and he wouldn’t know where we were. Maybe we could find out what a half-human half-demon could do.
_________________________________________
1109 words.