Chapter 55: healing scars

When the fuck did I get to chapter 55 (well technically 56)

BUT WHEN THE FUCK DID I DO THAT???
_________________________________________
Sapnap POV

“I hate George! I swear to fucking God that I am going to rip him to shreds for hurting our human!” I growled as I paced back and forth in front of the bed.
“Calm down Sapnap,” Quackity responded as I stepped closer to his spot on the bed, “we all know that George is sick. He wasn’t in the right state of mind.”

With a huff I looked back at my boyfriend. “He hurt Karl! Sure he only got one swipe at him but it could have been a lot worse!”
“Exactly. It could have been a lot worse but it wasn’t. George is fine and Dream said that a human specialist is analysing his blood to see what is wrong.”

I didn’t really focus on what he was saying. There was a good chance that I was overreacting, since wrath demons do have a tendency to do that but I feel this was well deserved. “Dream should have known better than telling us and Skeppy to bring Karl and Darryl over yesterday. He should have known that this could have happened! And you supported him.” I continued ranting before sending a glare at him.

“Look I am sorry that I supported him and I knew something was happening but think what would have happened if it was us instead. If Karl’s father was beaten to death brutally in front of him, and we got a chance to get back at his killer! We’d have done that, wouldn’t we?!” Quackity asked, and I nodded.

“What if Karl had gotten demon blood in him somehow and it made him unstable, would we be able to blame him?” Quackity continued.
“I guess not…” I muttered while giving him a sheepish look and a slight nod.

He opened his arms to me and I knelt down on the ground beside him. Quackity nuzzled into my neck as my eyes stopped glowing as brightly. “So you won’t hurt George?” Quackity asked, causing me to look into his eyes.
Once again I nodded, “I won’t hurt George… this isn’t completely his fault.”

From beside Quackity came a slight groan and we both turned to look at Karl. The brunette was curled up beside him with his chest exposed, showing a scar which looked years old even though it was made yesterday. Karl’s arm had been wrapped around Quackity’s waist and he sat up slightly while loosening his grip.

“How are you feeling?” I asked him softly, moving to sit on the bed beside him.
His eyes trailed down to look at his chest and his fingers traced over the faint scars before looking back up at me, “I feel fine I guess… still hurts a little.”
I hummed in agreement, it probably would hurt a bit. I pulled him onto my lap and kissed his chest up and down along the faint marks.

Karl looked up at me and asked a quiet question. “How are-um Darryl and George?” he asked me, but looked over at Quackity occasionally too.
“They both are fine,” Quackity answered, “Darryl is more shaken up than anything and George is kind of sick, but the doctors should be able to help him soon… hopefully.” he muttered the last bit and Karl didn’t notice.
“That’s good,” the human hummed, leaning back so he was resting against my chest.

Humans were strange like that, they can sometimes be very ignorant when it comes to others. If a demon had attacked another demon, like George attacked Karl. No matter how close they were beforehand, siblings, parents, dating, or just friends, an attack against them would most likely continue for ages. The 2 would be at odds until one surrendered or was killed, and no demon likes to surrender.

However humans can be treated like shit their whole life by someone and still be convinced that they are best friends with whoever hurt them. Then again, they can do the opposite and be all for themselves, betraying others even when they don’t need to. It was extremely strange.

I glanced down when I noticed Karl was talking and let out a quiet hum signalling for him to repeat it as I leaned down closer to him. “Can we see George sometime soon? I want him to know that I have forgiven him for what happened.”

My eyes moved over to look at Quackity who was sitting beside me, he raised an eyebrow at me indicating for me to decide. That isn’t fair, I either say no and be the bad guy, or say yes and worry about Karl getting hurt. The pride demon averted his gaze when I tried to glare at him and after a moment I turned back to Karl who was still watching me.

“You can see him after he gets his blood test result back.” I told him, continuing to glance over with a pissed off look at Quackity between words. “We want both him and Dream to only have to focus on that and him getting better.” After I finished talking I saw Quackity looking back at me with a smile which made me want to punch him.

Karl turned his head slightly so he could see us both at once and gave a sad sigh, “I guess that’s fine…” he looked down slightly with a sad sigh and I knew that he’d still be thinking about George so I decided to make a suggestion.

“Do you want to go downtown tomorrow?” Karl turned his attention fully to me. “We could get you something and if you wanted we could get George a get well soon gift too.” I offered, and the brunette in my lap eagerly nodded.

“Thank you Sapnap,” he said with a smile wrapping his arms around my neck and giggling when I kissed him gently on the forehead.
Honestly he is the cutest human. I thought, moving my hand up to tangle in his hair and watching him lean into the touch. My eyes darted over to look at Quackity and I could tell he was thinking the same thing.

Karl looked over at Quackity before going over to cuddle with him. The two of them wrapped their arms tightly around each other before laying down. I felt my eyes glance down at the faint marks on Karl’s chest before laying down behind him and nuzzling into his neck again.
_________________________________________
1090 words.

People wanted more Karlnapity so there you guys go.

Plus Ezra finally finished writing the first 'what if' for bodyguard and sent it to me. It also is Karlnapity so feel free to check it out if you haven't yet and like them.