Chapter 40: a possible cure

George POV.

“I can’t help you because you’re dying, George…”

Those words hit me like a knife. I’m… dying? My dad saw my face and kneeled down, pulling me into a hug as I began letting out choked sobs.

No… I can’t die. Not after everything that I have been through. If I have to die I at least want to be with Dream… why can’t he be here with me, then I’d know that I’d be alright… now I wasn’t so sure.

“I’m… dying…” I thought if I said it out loud then it would make more sense, but it just confused me, how can I be dying?
“I am sorry George. The only thing that could save a person from injuries like this was if they had a healing factor 10 times better than they already have… I only know one thing… that could possibly work but the negatives could be life changing...”

He began rambling to himself and I let out a sound of pain as I moved slightly to look at him. “What is the thing Dad?” I asked, bringing his attention back to me. “Could we try it?”
He looked over to me and shrugged, “possibly. But I doubt it will work though, your blood might not even be similar enough to it.”

“Dad… Please!” I begged, sounding and feeling utterly pathetic. “If you have absolutely anything that could save my life please try it…”
He looked at me again and nodded, he helped me up and I leaned on him as I limped over to an operating table before sitting down. My father began pacing back in front of me, continuing to talk to himself.

The man continued to talk to himself. Occasionally moving over to some cabinets to grab stuff out, including needles and bandages. He laid them out on a tray before looking onto me. “I think that this could work… but it might be hard.”
“Dad… I still don’t know what it is…” I said, my hand was clutching the injury on my neck. He turned back to look at me and sighed.
“I’ll tell you.”

Dream POV.

I didn’t know who was coming to help, besides Skeppy and either Sapnap or Quackity. I called Skeppy and Sapnap and both of them said if I thought George was in bad danger then they would try and get some other people to help as well.

They both told me firmly not to run off looking for him, and as much as I hated to, I did as they said. I looked all over the house again while waiting for them, calling out to George and running into each room several times. Eventually I even ran out into the woods looking for them. There were 2 pairs of footsteps that I followed until they met a third and then it turned into being dragged away.

That made me feel extremely angry. I was so worried and I even let out a whimper. I let out a low growl and shifted into my second form. I followed the footprints and the drag marks through the trees and to the edge of the road. Obviously I wanted to go down the road, to try and find my human but I promised Skeppy and Sapnap. Either way, I ignored it.

I looked up and down both ways before deciding that they probably didn’t go back past my house and I was about to head the other way. Suddenly I heard my name being called causing me to turn around. It was hard to see who it was at first but I began walking forward. Maybe it’s George… I hoped, a smile appeared on my face even through my second form and I began to speed up my movements.

But when I got close it wasn’t George. It wasn’t even a human. It was Fundy. Immediately I let out a low growl, remembering what happened last time I saw the fox demon. I began to charge at him, and in response he dove out of the way. “Dream… Dream…” the fox tried calming me as he continued to dodge the attacks I tried to hit him with. “Look Dream I am sorry for whatever you’re mad at me about…” as if he didn’t know. “...but I found something on your doorstep when I was coming up to your house and I couldn't see you there. Please don’t kill me!”

I stilled for a minute. “What did you find… and why were you at my house?” I asked him accusingly, my eyes narrowing further.
“I just wanted to visit you. I missed you Dream.” he replied, completely forgetting that I was about to murder him as he tried to nuzzle his head against my neck, only to be met with a growl from me.
“Don’t touch me,” I warned him, and he let out a whine before I continued. “What did you find, Fundy?”
The foxes face lit up slightly, “here… I shouldn’t have grabbed it in hindsight, but… yeah. I’m assuming it’s for you.”

Was I really about to spare his life just because he gave me a letter? No. Obviously not. He held the envelope up for me. I grabbed it from his hands and changed back into my human form, before ripping the envelope open. Inside were pictures and a note. I saw the pictures first and my eyes widened.

There were pictures of George… and he was beaten up. Blood was coming out of several parts of his body and his hoodie was ripped. His hand was holding his neck over where the mark I gave him last night was, and it was covered in blood that shined in the light of the room he was in.

I let out a whimper, not even caring that Fundy saw me looking vulnerable like this. Seeing these pictures of George, where he was most definitely hurt, made me worried. I wanted to go comfort him, but I couldn’t. I didn’t know where he was and so I turned my attention to the note.

''We have your human. Step down from your job and leave the country and you’ll be allowed to take him with you. If you don’t we will kill your human.'' I looked at the note and my claws extended again, tearing the piece of paper to shreds.

“Thank you for giving this to me, Fundy.” I said sincerely, smiling at him before turning and beginning to sprint down the road back to my house, taking the photos with me.

George POV.

My dad sighed as he was working on something on the bench. I couldn’t see what he was doing from where I was sitting with some absorbent cloth held against the injury in my neck which was definitely hurting the most.

“So dad… you still haven’t told me how you are going to try and save my life…” I said as I saw him putting something into a syringe.
“Yeah… sorry George, allow me to explain.” my father turned around still holding the syringe which he’d put the safety cap on as he shook it slightly, mixing the vial of bright red blood in carefully.

“This blood has an advanced healing factor. It should be able to heal… if it is similar enough to your own blood.” he stated, his face shifting to a slight frown. “But hopefully it is.”
“What type of blood is it… is it human?” I asked, sitting up slightly as my father moved over so he was standing beside me.
“It is actually… demon blood.” My father replied sheepishly. “Hopefully your body can make use of the demon's healing factor… if your body doesn’t reject it…”

My dad held out his hand, signalling for me to give him my hand which I did. I raised an eyebrow, “Dad… where did you get this demon blood from? I doubt Corpse or Fundy gave it to you.”
“Actually Corpse did give it to me… it was the blood I took from him 10 years ago…”

“Wait what!” I pushed him away from me. “You are gambling my life on 10 year old demon blood?”
“George, trust me.” My father reassured me, moving back towards me. “I managed to do a bit of research on it… as far as I know it can replicate itself to keep the blood fresh without the heart. Please George… there is no harm anyway if it doesn’t work.”
“Yeah because I am already dying thanks to that fucking fox demon.” I yelled out in annoyance and frustration.

“Please George.” My father said, “I know I haven’t been the best father but trust me. I know this kind of stuff and I don’t want you to die. Just trust me… please.”
I let out a sigh before nodding. “Fine dad. Just… be careful...”

My father nodded as I held my arm out for him. One of his cold fingers traced my skin before finding a vein. After looking at me and warning that this may hurt I felt the needle get pushed into my skin and bit my lip.
He injected all of the demon's blood into my body before pulling out the needle and I immediately felt dizzy.

As my father put the now empty syringe into the bin, my hand traced up to my head and held it, trying to soothe the headache that was appearing and failing. He pulled my hand away from my head and got me to lie down, propping my head up on the pillow as he did.

My dad passed me some water to drink and then told me to get comfortable, because he didn’t know what was going to happen to my body because of the blood. We both hoped that it would be good at least.
_________________________________________
1639 words.

Oooooh... Drama