Chapter 16: Darryl's freedom

Please comment more. It makes me happy.
And... I'll let you guys suggest what happens if you can get more people to read this story in the next 24 hours.

Anyway enjoy.
_________________________________________
George POV.

I watched Darryl for a moment before turning my attention to the door of Dream's office and I knocked on it. "George, if that's you then come straight in. I already told you not to knock." The blond demon instructed, and so I did.

He looked up at me when I walked in and he smiled, "welcome back Georgie… where is Darryl?" He asked.
I walked over to him before answering Before he could stand up and instead sat down on his lap before wrapping my arms around his neck to keep me from falling. The blond gave me a curious look but one of his arms moved around my waist to stop me from falling off and he gave me a smile

"Darryl fell asleep, and I didn't want to wake him so I came down here." I replied, hoping it sounded believable. "I'm bored."
Dream chuckled, “so you were bored and you decided to come hang out with me? Cute Georgie.”
I smiled and leaned further onto him, before swiveling around slightly so I could see what he was doing. Dream let me move around until my back was resting against his chest. He was resting his head on my shoulder and I watched as he continued writing stuff down with me on his lap.

As I sat there I just hoped that Darryl managed to get away from here okay.

Darryl POV.

I reached the kitchen like George told me to and saw a door which I ran to, hoping that this was the one George was talking about. It opened soundlessly and I stepped out into the garden. It was large and had a path of small white stones leading down from between the flower beds and onto the lawn.

The air was fresh and the gardens were remarkably beautiful and I wanted to stay and just admire the view but then I remembered what I was going to do. I moved at a fast jog along the paths and down onto the lawns, only looking back occasionally to see if Dream or George or anyone else was watching me.

Thankfully nobody was and so I made my way to the creek at the edge of the property. I began trudging through them, ignoring the chill which went halfway up my legs and almost to my knees. Eventually I made my way over to the other edge of the creek and began running between the trees and away from the house.

Time skip

I had obviously looped around at some point, and now I was back at the edge of the road. The sun was beginning to dip down in the sky and I pulled the hood of Skeppy’s hoodie over my head to keep myself warm.

Still, my clothes weren’t overly warm to begin with and I considered going back to where it was warm but decided against it. Even though Skeppy may not have done anything to me he still caught humans, and that means he would have split up friends and families. A lot of them would have also been made into servants, and it hurt me to think that someone I thought that I could trust would be responsible for that.

Suddenly I heard the screech of tires from behind me, and the warmth of headlights on my back, it caused me to shake slightly as I thought who it might be. Maybe Skeppy had found out what happened and came after me…
“Hey… are you okay?” a strange voice asked.
I glanced back to see a blond man with glowing grey eyes and wearing a green shirt and dark grey coat.

“Yeah. I’m fine, thanks.” I turned back so II wasn’t facing him, not wanting the demon to realise that I was human. “Just wanted to go for a walk but it’s getting late… I’m walking back home now.”
“Do you want me to give you a ride? Cause I can.” the demon offered.
“No thank you sir. Thanks for the offer though.”

I felt the other demon's eyes on me as I began walking again. I’d barely moved 10 steps further when he moved over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. “Please, let me give you a ride. I’d feel bad if I just left.”
The blond spun me around and then his eyes met mine. I expected him to freak out or something, but he didn’t. “You’re a human?” it was more of a question over a statement.

Immediately I averted my gaze down and gave a weak nod. “Come with me.” The man instructed, in a tone that was firm but fatherly. “I can’t leave you out here, it’s meant to be cold tonight… Do you have an owner?”
I thought for a moment before shaking my head, and taking a step back. The demon grabbed my hand, “then come with me, and stay the night at my house, I could try and find you an owner in the morning.”

He led me to the car and I hopped in, hating the fact that I willingly agreed to go to a demon without fighting or anything. All I knew was he was heading away from Skeppy’s house and then I could run from there. The blond demon looked at me and smiled, “what’s your name then?” he asked.
“It’s Darryl.”
“Well Darryl, I am Philza,” he replied.
Philza asked me a couple questions about why I was out here this late and made a lot of conversation with me which was nice. I could tell that he was wondering how I have a neat pair of clothes and glasses and stuff but he didn’t ask at all.

George POV.

Skeppy came in and knocked on Dream’s door, causing the blond demon to tell him to come in. I’d been sitting watching him for ages, before occasionally disappearing to my room to see if Darryl had woken up yet, spoiler alert Dream, he had.

“Hey Skeppy, good to see you.” Dream said as he stood up and put me on the ground beside him.
“Hey Dream,” the ravenette replied, his dark eyes glowing slightly. “Where’s Darryl?”
“Oh he’s asleep. He has been for a while now. George went and checked on him about 10 minutes ago though.” Dream explained, “I’ll take you up to the room he’s in.”

I let out a quiet gulp which neither of the demons seemed to notice. Dream and Skeppy walked upstairs and I walked up behind them. The blond led us up to my room before standing to the side. Skeppy opened the door and then let out a growl, even though it was more like a yell. “Where is he?! He’s not in here!”

“What do you mean?” Dream moved over to the door. “Where did he go?” The blond demon turned to me, “you did see him here 10 minutes ago right?”
I didn’t answer, and I could see both Dream and Skeppy getting mad at me. “George… how long has Darryl been gone?”
I shrugged my shoulders and he moved over to me, trapping me against the wall. “George… where the hell did Darryl go. Skeppy is worried.”
I let out a sigh before looking at the ravenette. “He found out about your job and ran, told me to distract Dream and so I did.”

“George. I’m going to find my human and if I don’t I will fucking kill you.” Skeppy growled, I looked over at Dream, hoping that the blond demon would step in but he didn’t, even though he seemed irritated.
I averted my gaze and heard Skeppy run out of the room to look for Darryl. Dream sighed at me, “George… why did you do that?” he asked.
“Because Darryl is the kindest person I know and after I found out what Skeppy does I couldn’t let Darryl stay with him.”

“Look, whatever you think about Skeppy, he is one of the kindest people I know. And I know that he would never hurt Darryl.” Dream moved over to me and pulled me in so my head was against his chest, listening to his beating heart. “Please, trust me George. Can you please tell me where Darryl is?”

I let out a sigh and felt Dream let out a small amount of the apple cinnamon scent. “Please,” he whined, pressing his head against my neck and nuzzled against him.
It was weird to see Dream like this but I shook my head, “I promise I don’t know anything. I’m sorry…”
“It’s okay. Thank you for apologizing. I just hope that Skeppy finds Darryl. Both of them seemed happy with each other. At least Skeppy is way happier now that he has Darryl, did Darryl feel the same?”
“He… he does.” I admitted, and Dream’s fingers ran up to brush through my hair.

“Then let's hope that Skeppy can find him.”
_________________________________________
1522 words.