Chapter 48: paranoia

George POV.

I sat in Dream’s arms as he calmed me down, all I could think about was my dad and I could tell the blond demon was thinking the same thing. He urged for me to eat food and drink water and even go to the bathroom but I didn’t want to leave him, feeling worried that I might not see Dream again if I did.

Paranoia... I know… but I couldn’t help it.

Once again Dream seemed to take notice of this, and he tried to give me options to go do stuff on my own but I constantly refused. I did not want to leave him ever again. Call me what you want, clingy, possessive, I was worried.

The blond demon was constantly trying to convince me to go to sleep, but I didn’t want to, I was worried that I’d wake up and he’d be gone. Eventually he let out his scent again and I fell asleep in his arms, although I was still quite tense.

Dream POV.

It had been a couple of days since I had gotten George back and I had expected George to have calmed down. Maybe he’d be worried for one or two days and I’d have to stay with him and calm him down but then George would have gone back to normal, but he didn’t.

I have tried everything that I could think of to get him back to his usual self but nothing ever seemed to work. George would freak out if I left to go get him food or something, or if I just left the room to go to the bathroom.

Thankfully George, even though he was now part demon, was still affected by my scent. When he was asleep I called Sapnap to talk to him and ask for advice. I know, needing advice from Sapnap means I must have hit a low point in my life…
He kept telling me that George had PTSD and probably needed a psychiatrist or a therapist or even just a doctor to figure out what has changed in his body.

Currently I was in my office, trying to do work while he was leaning on me with his arms wrapped around my neck. He was nuzzling into me with his head buried in my hoodie. I was doing some work and he was being clingy. It was difficult for me to focus while I had someone clutching onto me like a koala.

Suddenly the phone began ringing, it was sitting on the desk and I had to reach out to grab it. The brunette tried to grab my hand and pull it back but he couldn’t and instead let out a quiet whine which I silenced when I nuzzled against him.

“Hello?” I spoke somewhat warily as I answered the phone and pulled it up to my ear. George leaned closer trying to listen into the conversation.
“Dream hi....” Quackity spoke up, “I have some good news… uh-why do you sound so tired?” he asked, and I let out a huff.
“George has gotten-uh very clingy recently… you know PTSD…” I explained.

He made an ‘uh-huh’ noise and George shifted slightly listening better. I kissed his forehead and  at the same time I began releasing my scent again. After a moment of silence I continued, “so-uh Quackity why were you calling? What’s the good news exactly?” I leaned back in my chair as I spoke.

“Well I have Fundy. The idiot booked into the casino hotel last night with cash, no pre-booking, barely anyone would know he was there. But he saw me this morning and I probably wouldn’t have noticed since it was crowded but he started to run…” he began to ramble, “but some security took him down and now he is in the staff quarters… and yeah…”

I nodded at his explanation even though he couldn’t see me. George had fallen asleep and I let out a sigh, adjusting him slightly before speaking again. “Thanks Q, do you think you could bring him later? I want to... talk to him about what he did to Georgie…”
“I expected as much,” Quackity responded, “I can bring him this afternoon so the two of you can… talk.”

"Thanks Quackity…" I gave a smile even though he wouldn't be able to see it. "But can you bring Karl?" I asked him.
"What do you want me to bring Karl here for?" He asked. "Do you really want him to be here while you kill Fundy? You know what will happen to you if my human gets scared." Quackity growled protectively as he said that.

I simply rolled my eyes in response, "George might be fine with someone that he trusts other than me," I explained, "hopefully he won't freak out if he is hanging around Karl… maybe I can try and get Skeppy to bring Darryl too…” I began talking to myself but turned my attention back to Quackity when he spoke up.

“I guess I can tell Sapnap to bring Karl to your house. But Wrath demons are more protective so you’ll probably need a convincing argument to get him to agree to this…” Quackity stated, and I gave a nod at his explanation.
“I’ll see you after lunch with Fundy…” I responded, before hanging up the phone.

Then I called Skeppy and asked him to bring Darryl which the ravenette demon agreed too, as long as Darryl didn't see me brutally murder the fox. After I was done I looked down at George who was still sleeping in my arms.

I felt bad for everything that he had gone through. Beaten half to death, mutated into a half demon, and then watching his father get murdered. All of that in the span of less than a week and I wanted to help him get better. But first I am going to make Fundy pay for hurting my precious human in the first place.

He groaned slightly as I lifted him up and walked back up to the bedroom, planning on having him stay up there while I dealt with the fox demon. Until then though, I can stay with George because I still want to cuddle with him even though he is now (somehow) more clingy than me.
_________________________________________
1057 words.