Chapter 41: the transformation

I feel like a dick making Corpse and Fundy bad guys...

Anyway story...
_________________________________________
Dream POV.

I ran back to the house, Fundy a few feet behind me. Skeppy, Quackity, and Sapnap were at the door with some other people around them. The three of them were banging on the door and yelling at me to answer if I wanted help finding George, nobody in the group was aware that Fundy I was behind them.

Before I did anything I looked around at the group, recognising some of the people there as old friends and even some members of Skeppy, Sapnap, and Quackity’s families. There were heaps of cars, maybe one in between every 2 people and I was happy that my 3 friends managed to get a lot of people to help.

After a moment I coughed, making my presence known and they all turned to look at me, giving momentarily glances at Fundy but then ignoring him. "I told you he hadn't run off on his own," Skeppy mumbled to Sapnap before raising his voice. "Where were you, Dream?" He asked, "we've been standing here for 10 minutes…"

Maybe if I was paying attention more I would have listened to what they were saying and known something was up, but I didn't. "I was looking out in the woods, that is where George disappeared from… and his father did too."
"What happened to him-wait... What do you mean George's father?" Sapnap asked, raising an eyebrow since it was the first he'd known about it and normally I tell him, Skeppy, and Quackity, everything.

"Well long story short we found George's dad a week ago and he has been with us since then… we were still deciding what to do with him since he was a bit… unstable towards me." I explained.
"Who was his dad? I think I remember that Karl told Sapnap and I that he, Darryl, and George were all orphans." Quackity stated.
"Uhh… Dr Richard Davidson…"

Immediately the rest of the group began freaking out, but I silenced them with a growl, telling them to focus on the fact that my human was missing. "Look George went off to talk to his Dad this morning and they both  disappeared after that. The pair walked for a bit in the woods before someone finds them and drags them off to the road. Not sure after that…" I let out a quiet whine after I finished talking.

My eyes then made their way down to the photos which were clenched tightly in my hand and I looked back up to them. I won’t tell them about this. I don’t want them to see that yet. My human is badly injured and I don’t want them to see him hurt like this.

Speaking of humans… “where are Darryl and Karl?” I asked Skeppy, Sapnap, and Quackity. “If all 3 of you are here do you really trust them alone?”
“Actually they are both staying with a friend of… uh… Darryl’s.” Skeppy explained. He gestured over to a blond man with grey eyes.

The blond I recognised from a couple weeks ago when Skeppy, Sapnap, and I went to find Darryl… I may not have interacted with him but I remember fighting the pink haired pig demon who I am pretty sure is his son.”I am just doing this to help Darryl’s friend. He and his friend Karl are back at my house with my responsible son, my responsible human, and Tommy…” he stated.
“Well thank you either way.” I smiled.

I looked over to Skeppy who was grabbing my arm. “Come on. We are all splitting up and you and I will be going to the edge of town to look for them. Sapnap and Quackity are heading that way too.”
He led me to his car and we climbed into it, but Fundy followed us so with a sigh we let him join us.

George POV.

I let out another groan as I rolled over on the medical table I had been laying on. Any position I laid in just seemed to hurt as the demon blood began mixing with my own. I asked my dad what was happening and he said that my body was adjusting as it mixed with the demon's blood while it made its way through my system.

My dad said that my body would change slightly and I might even gain some demon abilities but he wasn't so sure. I just hoped that whatever happened to me could keep me alive until Dream got here… he can make all of this better…

From the direction of the door I heard a voice who sounded somewhat irritated. With a glance over I saw Corpse watching me and talking with an angry snarl with whatever he was saying directed at my father.

I knew what he was asking, something along the lines of 'what is wrong with him,' but I couldn't actually hear. All I heard was a ringing in my ears and I was also focusing on my temperature which was jumping from being extremely hot to extremely cold. My father was probably giving him some bullshit medical excuse as tears fell from my eyes and I stared at them both.

After a while Corpse left the room again and my father ran back over to me. Now that he was right next to me I could hear him talking as he grabbed a cloth and began wiping sweat off my forehead.

"What's happening to me?" I half screamed at my father, my lips felt dry and my throat felt sore, maybe I had been screaming from the pain running through me.
"I'm not sure…" My father muttered, grabbing a thermometer and beginning to take my temperature. "I think that your body is developing new abilities from the blood…"

His eyes met mine. "What are you feeling right now?" He asked, as he took the thermometer out and examined my temperature, which was way hotter than average.

"My body is really hot then really cold… and my hands both hurt, like around my knuckles especially." I began listing off how I was feeling. "My eyes feel like they are burning and my body feels like it is getting stretched… and my teeth hurt… and… and…"
I stopped myself, letting out a whimper of pain and probably sounding extremely pathetic. "I just want this to be over… and to be with Dream…"

"You will be… soon enough Dream will come and get you out of this…" my father reassured me. He sighed as he put the cloth down and refilled a glass with water for me. I took it eagerly, drinking the cold water which cooled me down for a moment before I felt hot again.

"Is there anything that Dream had told you about demons that might help?" My father asked, and I tried to think.
"W-well he said that when demons are injured sleeping can help…" I remembered and my father nodded.

He moved over to a cabinet full of boxes and containers of pills and looked through them. Eventually he grabbed a light purple and white container and unscrewed the lid before grabbing out a milky white pill.

My father refilled the glass with some more water and came over to me, passing me the glass and the pill. Hastily I took it and ate the pill with a desperate gulp of water.

I gave him back the glass before wiping the sweat off of my forehead with the back of my hand. My muscles began to relax as I leaned back with my head on a pillow. I watched my father moving stuff around as my eyelids started to get heavy before eventually shutting.

It may not have been the most comfortable place to sleep but I didn't care. Right now it felt like I was on a pile of pillows and blankets and this sleep felt well deserved.
_________________________________________
1332 words.