Chapter 2: caught

Dream POV.

The three of us ran through the forest in the moonlight which was now visible. The low light bathed the forest floor in a ghostly light which will most likely be too dark for humans to use to navigate. We ran for half an hour before I sat down against an oak tree.

"Why are we out here in the middle of the night?" I asked, "there won't be any humans around. Let's just go back home and give up on this idea."

Sapnap shook his head, "no, stop being such a baby. Firstly it is only 8pm, secondly everybody else has humans. You should have one too."

I let out a sigh and stood back up, following them as they ran ahead of me. We ran until Skeppy slowed to a stop. "There are some humans nearby." He said nonchalantly.

Sapnap and I exchanged a look, neither of us had sensed a human and we were surprised he had. Then again, he is trained to follow their movements and does so better than we do.

We followed him as he led us to a cave, inside were the remains of a fire which had recently been extinguished, along with some ripped clothes and food, all of which was stale. Based on what I saw it seemed the person, or people living here were male, but I wasn't too sure.

Skeppy led Sapnap and I further into the cave to see if we could find them when I heard someone swearing from behind us. I whipped around and my eyes narrowed, by the entrance of the cave I saw a figure. I nudged Sapnap and he turned around.

George POV.

Karl and Darryl each had a handful of fish after a long day by the river, it was possibly more than we had ever caught and would feed us for a while if we could keep them cold. Meanwhile I had whatever's left of the berries growing around here. Blueberries, raspberries and blackberries were stuffed in my pockets and scooped in my hands.

I was walking ahead of the pair and reached the entrance of the cave, but when I looked into it I saw something that made me swear under my breath. There were 3 people standing in the darkness talking quietly amongst themselves. Even though they weren't facing us it was obvious they weren't humans, meaning they must be demons.

The moment the words left my mouth one of the three spun around and to confirm my suspicions his eyes were glowing a vibrant yellow or possibly green. His eyes met mine from under his dirty blond hair for a moment and he smirked before elbowing the man next to him. The ravenette man spun around to reveal a pair of glowing orange eyes and a smirk revealed a set of small fangs.

Immediately I dropped the berries in my hand and took off running, knowing that they'll be after me in a minute. Darryl and Karl turned to look at me and before either could speak and gave them a worried look. "Run!" I hissed at both of them, "there are demons!"

Their eyes both widened and they instantly dropped their food and ran after me.

"How many demons are there?" Karl asked between pants as we weaved through the trees.

"At least 3, but there could be more." I answered as Darryl tripped over a rock.

I stopped to help him and told Karl to keep running, "if we all are still here than we'll all be caught. If you run at least one of us has a chance of surviving."

Karl merely nodded although he didn't look like he liked the idea of leaving us and was about 50 feet ahead of us when Darryl and I started to run again.

Suddenly he ran off the path, and Darryl was going to follow him but I told him not too. Karl was getting us to split up. I told Darryl to run to the left and he listened before I continued running over the path. If the demons couldn't see Karl and Darryl's footprints, which I hoped they didn't, all three would come after me.