Chapter 7: hunted

Happy birthday to Dream, since it is his birthday you guys get 4 chapters instead of 3.
_________________________________________
George POV.

I felt we had gotten far enough to be safe from then. But we hadn't. About 5 minutes after Darryl left I looked over my shoulder to see the 4 demons approaching, one of them carrying an unconscious Darryl in their arms.

Immediately Karl and I started running, the further up the hill we got, the more snow was piled around us, and it got harder for us to run quickly. This just made it easier for the demons. 

The two of us moved as quickly as we could through the snow, which was now piled up to our knees and sending a cold chill through our spines and I feared we might contract hypothermia, but we kept moving. Karl looked back over his shoulder and freaked out when they were still coming after us.

As I kept going I tried to guess why they were so insistent on chasing us. I mean we made it clear that we didn’t want to be pets and that we didn’t like them, couldn’t they just take a hint? I wanted to turn and yell at them to piss off, to leave us alone and let us go and live our lives in peace but I knew they wouldn’t listen, why would they? They are bigger, stronger, faster, older, and probably smarter than us so why would they want to listen to humans?

By now we’d made it into a clearing, on the edge of a lake which was frozen over. Karl and I exchanged a glance, deciding whether to risk running across the ice which may not be strong enough to hold us, or run around which would give the demons more chance to catch us.

After a moment of silence I took a step onto the ice, flinching slightly when I heard a slight crack, but then I took another couple steps and made my way out into the center of the lake. Karl followed behind and we both let out a sigh of relief when the ice stayed firm. 

The two of us made our way across the ice, and inched our way from one side to the other. We were about a third of the way across when the demons appeared from between the trees. Sapnap, Quackity, and Dream all watched us for a moment, their eyes glowing as they followed every moment that we made before the three of them decided what to do. After a moment they decided.

After talking for a couple of seconds they came up with Sapnap and Quackity began heading around the edge of the lake, probably planning on catching us the moment we got off of the lake. Dream began cautiously moving over the ice, trying to follow our steps. These demons are fucking crazy!

Karl and I continued to move, trying to keep an eye on all the demons at once, and tried to move in a way to avoid them. The other thing I noticed was that they seemed worried for us, whenever Karl or I made an awkward step they seemed to flinch when the ice would crack.

Skeppy POV.

I carried Darryl up the hill a few feet behind Sapnap, Quackity, and Dream, while being careful not to wake the human. Even though I’d only owned him for a day, I was already attached to him. I knew that my kind could grow attached to things easily but I never believed it, until now of course.

Part of me wanted to return home and get my human warm, but I knew that Dream, Quackity, and Sapnap would want help catching their humans and so I’d stay and help.

I reached a clearing where a snow covered shore surrounded a frozen over lake. The two humans were running over the lake and Dream, Quackity, and Sapnap were surrounding them. I knew from experience that humans getting surrounded usually would terrify them, not calm then. I decided to try and help, putting Darryl’s small body down against a tree and putting my hoodie over him and watching for a moment as he curled up to be warm before turning around.

The humans were clearly desperate. Karl and George were trying desperately to avoid the 3 demons. I ran over, not caring about the fragile ice and stood beside Dream, growling at him to calm down because he’d scare the humans.

Before Quackity and Sapnap could reach the two humans they ran off of the ice and continued to run through the trees.

George POV.

Karl and I made it across the lake without getting caught and we started running through the trees again. Both of us were considerably slower than we had been earlier, we panted lightly as we tried to keep up our speed, but failed.
Shortly after we began running on solid ground again, but both of us were tired, and were stumbling more than actually running.

Karl was taking the hit harder than I was and eventually collapsed from exhaustion. I dropped down beside him and less than a minute afterwards Sapnap and the other demon caught up. They slowed from running to walking and Karl and I immediately started to back up.

However, both of our movements stilled when a smell swarmed us. It wasn’t like the smell that Dream made. Dream released a cinnamon and apple smell but the one that Sapnap let out smelt of burning wood and roasted marshmallows.

The other demon lifted Karl up who was on the edge of falling asleep while Sapnap watched me until Dream appeared with Skeppy. I would have let out a groan of annoyance if I hadn’t been so weak. The blond demon picked me up in his arms as though I was a child and immediately began walking back in the direction that we had come from. As he did so I attempted to squirm from his grip, only causing him to release some of his apple cinnamon scent.

"Let me go… please…" I mumbled, trying to get out of his grip as he ignored me, "please just let me go…"
A tear rolled down my cheek, I hated feeling so helpless compared to him, but with that intoxicating scent I couldn't do shit.
"Please…" I whimpered.

"Shhh Georgie. I know you want to go but let me take you home. You're hungry and tired. Please just let me take care of you." Demon's get really protective, but I was surprised just how protective he seemed to be over me, it felt… nice, but unnatural.

My head was resting on his shoulder as he carried me back, my legs wrapped around his waist. His hands were resting with one on my lower back and the other on my shoulders, while one of my arms wrapped around his neck and the other hand, my injured left one was being held against his chest.

The blond demon noticed and looked down at my hand, somehow moving me around slightly so he was carrying me bridal style before gently grabbing my hand with one of his arms and examining it.
"What happened?" He asked, examining it with his eyes glowing softly.
“It’s nothing.” I told him, moving my hand back to my chest again only to have the demon growl, unsatisfied with my answer. “Fine, it got cut by a thorn.” I responded, my eyes narrowing in annoyance.

“I’ll help clean up the injury when we get back home, then you need rest.” The demon stated, not leaving me any room for negotiation.
I simply sighed, hating how he gave himself authority over my life. All I wanted was to be able to have control over my life but now I don’t. When I was 9 I lost my mother, my home, my first friends, at 16, I lost my father, and now at age 19 I lost my freedom.

Sometime during the walk home I began getting drowsy and fell asleep.
_________________________________________
1327 words.