Chapter 10: Fundy

George POV.

A pair of voices woke me up, and I rubbed my eyes as I sat up slightly. I looked around the room until my eyes were caught on a pair of demons sitting by Dream’s desk.
The first one was Dream, obviously. He looked extremely bored, with his eyes barely glowing and his mouth curved downwards, almost in a snarl.

The other demon was sitting on his lap, wearing a black jacket and black hat along with bright orange-red hair. I knew he was a demon from his glowing brown eyes and he talked excitedly to the blond.

I noticed that Dream was now watching me and when our eyes met he let out a low growl, which I thought was directed at me but, in reality, it was directed at the other demon. “Fundy, can you be quiet? You just woke my human up.” He growled.
“Sorry,” the other demon apologized, “I didn’t even notice it was there. How long have you had it for anyway?”

The way this demon called me an ‘it’ made me annoyed, and it seemed to annoy Dream too as he released another low growl. “His name is George and he is not an ‘it.’ But I have only had him for a day and a half now.”
“Don’t growl at me,” Fundy huffed, “I am your boyfriend after all.”
Boyfriend? Since when does Dream have a boyfriend?

Dream suddenly pushed the other demon off of his lap, “you aren’t my boyfriend Fundy… remember that.”
The fiery red-haired demon pouted slightly before turning to look at me. He moved in my direction and I heard Dream let out another growl of warning, his eyes glowing brighter with every step Fundy took.

“Calm down Dream, I’m just looking at him.” Fundy tried to reassure him, acknowledging but ignoring the worry in my eyes as he examined me as though I was some creature from a foreign planet.
“He doesn’t want you to look at him. Back off Fundy.” Dream stood up as he spoke and moved into between me and the other demon.

“Well if he’s your pet then he should listen to you, and you should let your guests look at your pet. He isn’t even smart enough to avoid getting caught so why should he think for himself here?” Fundy retorted.
Dream looked ready to kill Fundy and the blond turned and lifted me up, before glaring at the other demon. “Get out before I kill you.” the demon threatened.

Fundy looked shocked that Dream had used that tone on him and the light from his eyes faltered before fading slightly. “Dream you don’t mean that.” he spoke softly, as though talking to a small child, “just calm down and we’ll discuss this.”
“We’ve discussed enough, now get the fuck out before I kill you Fundy.” Dream looked ready to explode.

The other demon pouted as he left the room and Dream’s grip on me loosened. His hand ran along my back a couple times before he sat me down on the couch and sat beside me. For a while there was silence between us, until I eventually spoke up. “Who was that?” I asked the demon cautiously.
Dream let out a sigh, “that’s Fundy. He’s convinced the two of us are together.”
“Why does he think that?” I asked, feeling genuinely curious about the demon for the first time.

The demon shrugged his shoulders, “I think he liked me in high school or something… after that I’m not exactly sure.” he huffed out in annoyance. "He can't seem to understand that I am not interested."

That caused me to let out a quick giggle, before stretching slightly. "How long have I been asleep for?" I questioned, looking around the room for a clock but not finding one.
"A couple of hours." The blond responded. "I've done more than enough work for now if you wanted to go into town."

Dream POV.

I heard a knock on the door which caused me to look up from the file I was looking at. For a moment I glanced over at my human who was still asleep. Then I stood up and moved over to the door, being quiet so that I didn’t wake George up.
The human was so cute, especially when he was curled up like that. He was so small, and it looked like I could just pick him up and cuddle him and carry him around.