Chapter 36: an explanation

George POV.

I was curled up in Dream's arms, it was comfortable and warm and I wanted to just lay there forever. Plus the demon was purring softly, and the noise calmed me. I rolled over in his arms to get more comfortable and opened my eyes slightly to see the demon looking down at me with his eyes glowing softly.
"Good morning Georgie." Dream hummed, nuzzling into my neck again.

"How did you sleep?" he asked softly, changing my position so I was resting against the demon's bare chest.
"I slept well... my legs and ass hurt though." I complained, and the demon seemed surprisingly happy about that, even letting out a small satisfactory purr.
"Good." He responded, "I get more of an excuse to carry you around all day then."
"You'd do that anyway." I complained.

"What time is it?" I asked Dream, climbing out of his arms and moving over to the edge of the bed, dangling my still-sore legs over the side.
"A little before 8 in the morning. The chloroform should wear off of your father in just over an hour." He stated. Is it bad to say that I'd forgotten about my father?
Dream moved over to sit beside me and he pulled down the collar of the hoodie I was wearing to examine the hickeys he'd made on my neck, collarbone, and shoulders. His fingers gently traced around the outline of all of them until I moved his hand away from my neck.

"I'm going to go have a shower." I announced, standing up and beginning  to stumble over to the bathroom. My legs felt so wobbly but with a brief pause between steps I managed to get over there without falling over.
Dream was watching me and chuckled, causing me to glare at him. Without saying anything to me he moved over to me and scooped me up in his arms, carrying me the last 5 steps as I attempted to squirm out of his grip.

"You can't walk George. I'll shower with you. It'll help." He suggested, running his hand under the rim of my shirt.
"Come on Dream. I'm fine ." I managed to get out of his grips and stumbled onto the floor, causing him to chuckle before picking me up again. "Dream. I can shower on my own. I am perfectly fine."

The blond demon gave a slight pout and I sighed in defeat. "Fine. But don't try anything."
Immediately he let out a smile as he moved over to me and pulled off my hoodie, beginning to kiss down my chest again. Did he not hear what I just said?
Dream carried me into the shower and I leaned on him as he cleaned me, since he began growling when I tried doing anything for myself.

My ability to walk managed to come back after the shower so when I was dried and dressed I managed to escape his arms and moved over to the bathroom cabinet before beginning to dig through the contents inside until I found some concealer. Why it was here I didn't know but I had remembered seeing it a few days ago and so I grabbed it and looked in the mirror.

I looked in the mirror and at all of the marks, I remembered which of the marks he left first, it was a lot more red than the others were. My hand moved up to my neck and I touched it. Dream immediately grabbed me, moving my hand away as a fiery hot pain. I flinched and Dream pulled me close to him, his hand moving up to the same bright red bruise and I was about to yell at him to stop, fearing that the burning sensation would fly through me again, but when his hand made contact with my skin it cooled down.

My eyes darted up to meet his, clearly questioning it and he gave me an explanation. "It's a mark that shows people you are mine. Anybody who touches it will get burnt, besides me... but you will get burnt too, however I can cool you down if that does happen. The mark I left there also injected a poison that will slowly kill any person or demon that tries anything, like kissing you for instance."
I nodded at his explanation, still looking slightly shocked and Dream gave a whine at my expression. "If you don't like it it'll fade over time. The mark only stays if I keep in contact with it, whether by kissing or biting it, or just nuzzling it."

I decided to ignore thinking about this weird demon ritual, just giving him a thanks as I opened the concealer and began putting it on. Thankfully the concealer blended with my skin tone and I began covering all the love bites the Dream left causing an annoyed whine from the demon. He moved over to me and attempted to grab me and wipe the concealer off, but I pushed him away. "George, why are you trying to cover them?" he asked, taking my hand and beginning to wipe it up.
"Well, why are you trying to uncover them?" I asked back as he continued.

"Because Georgie, I need other demons to see that you are mine. They can't see that if you cover all of the proof." he explained, wiping off the rest of the make-up before beginning to kiss my neck again.
I unwillingly let out a quiet moan when his lips ventured up to kiss along my jawline, and I felt him smirk against my skin. "See you do like it." He hummed as he pulled away from my skin to examine the small marks he'd left.

"It's not a fact of whether I do or do not like it..." I said as I pushed him away and picked up the concealer again. He was still smirking at me so I narrowed my eyes "...which I don't. But if my Dad sees this he'll go ballistic."
The demon shrugged, "let him. He needs to see that you belong to me and that I take care of you, cause he seems certain that I am hurting you."
"You will be responsible for me getting hurt if my Dad sees these. Now let me cover them up!" I growled, and he finally let go of me and stood back, although he was against it, and let me apply concealer over my neck and jawline until all of the marks were covered by either make-up or my clothes.

When I put the concealer back in it's spot, Dream immediately picked me up bridal style and carried me back over to the bed, before beginning to cuddle into me again. "Dream... shouldn't we be going downstairs to have breakfast and see if my dad is dead because of you?"
"Later." he muttered, one of his hands tangled in my hair while the other was holding my body close to his.

"What are you doing, Dream?" I asked, as he brushed a strand of my loose hair behind my ears while his eyes continued to glow softly.
"I need to be able to cuddle you as much as I want today. It'll be harder for me without being able to nuzzle into you without getting concealer on me. How will you know that I care about you?" Dream asked.
"You've shown me you care about me way more than any human I know would." I responded, and that seemed to make him happier as he loosened his grip on me and stood up.

"Want me to make you some breakfast? I'll make whatever you want Georgie and you can eat it in bed." I nodded thanks to his offer. "I'll take anything."
Dream nodded and then left the room. I wanted to follow him but decided I'd much rather lay in bed as I rolled over and curled against a pillow. 10 minutes later he returned with a tray of food for me and sat back on the bed beside me. I sat back up and smiled at him as the two of us started eating in content silence.

When I'd eaten everything I moved over to Dream again and leaned against his side while he finished the drink he had in his hand. All the while he stayed watching me before moving his tray of food and pulling me close for cuddles, purring softly as he did so. I buried my head into his chest and felt myself on the brink of falling asleep when I heard...

"What the hell is going on?"
Immediately I sat up and looked over to see my dad standing at the door, his eyes full of anger and confusion. From beside me I heard Dream release a growl, probably wanting to attack my father for coming into my room uninvited, or maybe seeing him in a position like this. When I moved my hand to gently get his attention by tugging on his shirt he looked at me and immediately grew quiet.

"Dad. I don't know what you think is going on, but I can assure you that it isn't that." I spoke in a calm voice, even though I was really worried, feeling certain that in an instant Dream will jump forward and try to kill my father.
"He is holding you in his bed against your will." My dad began freaking out and I suppressed a laugh, keeping my solemn face.
I climbed out of the bed, ignoring the quiet whine Dream let out and talking as I moved over to my dad. "Let's go up to your room and I can explain it up there. Dream needs to go do some work."

My father looked over to me and nodded, moving back into the hallway and following me as I began walking upstairs.
_________________________________________
1650 words.