Chapter 82: visiting a friend

Could honestly call this chapter 'Karl and Darryl do a dumb' but meh.

Thank you guys for 24k. (A good way to celebrate it would be by reading Hunger Games)

I did the art again.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

Skeppy and Quackity were still watching us hugging and talking to each other and after a moment Sapnap came from the hallway and started smiling at us too. We looked back over at Skeppy who spoke up. “Sapnap, Quackity, and I have something to discuss but then we could order a pizza for lunch if you two wanted that.”

Both of us nodded eagerly and Skeppy’s smile widened, showing his fangs. “Great. Tell me what pizza’s you want now and I can order them to be delivered at…” he glanced at the time on his phone before looking back up at us. “...1pm. How does that sound?”

“Thank you Skeppy, you are the best.” Darryl said, moving to hug the pride demon.
My friend wrapped his arms around the pride demon who began nuzzling into him. Darryl allowed Skeppy to do this and even tilted his head to the side so that there was more room for him to do so.

I watched them for a moment but let out a yelp when either Sapnap or Quackity wrapped their arms around my waist and began nuzzling into me too. Believe me, it felt good but after a few awkward moments I decided to push them off, they pouted but didn’t say anything and then Sapnap got Skeppy’s attention.

Skeppy let go of Darryl and kissed him on the forehead before following Sapnap and Quackity inside. The demons looked over at us and Quackity spoke up. “You two can do anything you guys want. We’ll order some pizzas to be delivered in a couple of hours, okay?”
Darryl nodded and so I did the same, and the demons walked off down the hall.

I shut the main door and walked with Darryl into the living room before sitting on the couch in the middle of the room. “What do you want to do? We could play board games or watch a movie or go outside...” I gave suggestions to Darryl, and he shrugged.
“I don’t mind Karl… you can choose.” he said with a smile, and after a moment I decided to put on a Christmas movie.

We decided on ‘the polar express,’ which is a movie that Darryl claims is his favourite Christmas movie. The two of us sat beside each other on the couch and began watching. About halfway through the movie I looked over at Darryl. “Hey Darryl… do you know why George and his demon aren’t here?” I asked.

His eyebrows furrowed for a second and then he shook his head. “No. I thought they would be here… should we ask Skeppy?”
I shook my head. “I asked Sapnap and Quackity about George the other day and they wouldn’t tell me anything. Skeppy probably won’t tell us either.” I thought out loud.

Darryl nodded at my explanation, seeing sense in it. “Maybe he is sick or something,” Darryl said thoughtfully, “we could go and visit him or something.”
I nodded at my friend. “George’s house is only a 10 minute walk if you turn left from the front gate.” I stated, “we could walk there and back in 20 minutes, and visit George for 10. It’s 10:30 now and they probably won’t check on us until 1 when the pizza gets here.”

“T-that could work. If Skeppy doesn’t know I guess it won’t hurt.” He stated, standing up. “But maybe we should write a note or something. So if Skeppy, Sapnap, or Quackity come looking for us they won’t get worried. They know we’ll be safe with Dream.”

I gave a nod and walked over to a set of drawers, there were some small scraps of paper and pulled one out. After I grabbed a pen I scribbled a quick note saying that Darryl and I were walking to Dream’s to say hello to George and that we’d only be gone for a half hour or less.

To finish it off I signed my name and left it some place the 3 demons would see it easily. Then I turned back to Darryl and smiled. “Are you ready to go?” I asked my friend, who nodded. The two of us made our way over to the front door.

There was a light snow in the air so I was thankful for the warm hoodie I had stolen from Quackity. Darryl was also wearing a demon’s, but his obviously belonged to Skeppy. Still, the two of us stayed close together, just to be warmer as our breath was visible in the cold air in front of our faces.

We made our way to the street and tried to keep our faces down so that no demon passing by would see 2 humans walking on their own. Even if we had something that made it obvious we were owned by another demon or demons they might try to take us for who knew what reasons.

Skeppy POV.

“Wait… so humans get a full sized tree and put it in their house?” Sapnap asked in a disbelieving tone as he read something on Google. “And they cover it in decorations like stars and balls and candy canes?”
“This holiday is so fucking weird,” Quackity agreed with the wrath demon.

“Where the hell do humans even buy this stuff?” Sapnap questioned, quickly scrolling down through a tab of a bunch of different Christmas decorations.
I nudged his shoulder and pointed at my screen. “There is a retro shop in the middle of town that sells stuff like this.” I stated, before clicking on the profile of the guy who owned it.

We had been here for around 40 minutes, researching the holiday because we thought it would be a cute way to surprise the humans. I stood up and stretched, feeling sore from sitting in the same position for a while. “I’m going to go to your kitchen and steal something to eat. Do you guys want anything?” I asked them both.

“I’m good for now,” Sapnap stated, not taking his eyes off the screen as he continued looking through the decorations.
“Yeah same,” Quackity said, unlike his wrath demon mate he had spun around in his seat to look at me “but while you are in the kitchen could you check on Karl and Darryl? They are in the living room, I saw them head in there.”

“On it,” I said with a nod as I walked out of the room. I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen before heading over to the pantry. There was a wide range of food but I settled on a bag of popcorn since it was the closest thing in reach.

I opened the bag and began eating handfuls of the food as I walked through the rooms to the living room, but I immediately dropped the bag when I realised the room was empty. “Darryl?” I called, looking around the room with an eyebrow raised, “Karl?”

Neither responded, and I was about to leave the room to go looking for them when I saw a note on the table next to the couch.

Hey Sapnap, Quackity, and Skeppy.

Darryl and I were worried about George so we decided to go visit him and Dream. We are walking and should be back in half an hour.

-Karl.

My eyes widened as I read the note. Shit. “Sapnap! Quackity!” I called out, hoping that they could hear me from upstairs. “Get down here we need to go!” I called out, making my way to the door and starting the engine in my Lamborghini.

They must have sensed the worry in my voice because they ran outside less than a minute later. “What’s wrong Skeppy?” Sapnap asked, him and Quackity saw where I was and began running towards the Lamborghini.

I showed them the note and their eyes widened too, both of their eyes widened as they quickly read it, both swearing as they realised the situation Karl and Darryl had unintentionally gotten themselves into. “Quackity go with Skeppy, I’ll get the truck and meet you there.” Sapnap said, and his mate nodded before the wrath demon ran off.

Quackity and I looked at each other worriedly as he climbed in and then I drove off towards Dream’s house.
_________________________________________
1415 words.