Chapter 22: the cure?

Skeppy POV.

I stayed curled up on the floor watching the hospital room which had gone quiet after Dream left with George, and Sapnap and Quackity left with Karl. While I was laying down there and thinking I heard a knock on the door. My eyes shifted over to look at the door and then to Darryl again, wondering what he was going to do.

Don't open it. Don’t open it. I gave Darryl a look but he either didn’t notice it or ignored it purposefully. “Come in.” He said, and I just let out a quiet huff.
I figured that it was probably a nurse trying to get me or Darryl to eat… although it was most likely me, since my human already had an IV drop in his arm. They tried to get me on a drip or to eat too since I hadn’t in a while, but I just threatened to attack them. Several times I did attack them.

However I was really annoyed when that blond man who Darryl stayed with for a week came in, limping on a crutch from an injury I gave him which internally made me smile smugly. I wanted to let out a growl, attack him, and get him to back off and get away from my human, but I didn’t want my human to get mad at me.

“Philza!” Darryl sounded happy for the first time in a while. He looked the injured demon up and down. “...are… are you okay?”
“Yes I’m fine, are you okay Darryl?” he asked as he sat down. “I heard you weren’t eating.” he glanced over at me and I glared at him.
“I’m fine I guess… and I have this IV drip on so it’s not like I don’t get fed, it alerts the staff here if I try and take it out.” the boy on the bed said in a tone that didn’t seem that believable, but his smile seemed somewhat genuine.

“Well you should probably eat something on your own Darryl… please.” The demon, Philza begged. Yes. Please. Please eat Darryl, you need to eat food. I’ll do anything to see you eat some food.
“Fine, I’ll eat when the nurse brings lunch.” Darryl eventually said and I gave myself a small smile. Thank you Philza, I am sorry for hospitalising you.
They talked for a while but occasionally Philza would glance over at me uncertainly even though I had dropped the harsh glare I was giving him. He seemed awkward being in the same room as me. As Philza sent another nervous glance at me Darryl looked over at me and signed, “maybe you should leave…”
Philza looked back to him and stood up and nodded. “Can you maybe come and visit with Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, Techno, and Wilbur sometime?” Darryl asked.

“Maybe,” the way that Philza said that seemed like he wasn’t going to do that and it made me almost let out a growl. “But my youngest 3 are staying with a friend of Wilbur’s, Nihachu, and myself and my oldest 2 are still injured… especially Techno.” I remembered that Dream got really violent towards him. Either way Philza gave a smile, “I hope you get better soon Darryl.”

Philza left and I let out a sigh. Darryl looked over at me for a moment before sighing and it looked like he was blinking back tears. I wanted desperately to go over to my human and calm him, but I didn’t want him to get mad at me and it caused me to let out a sad whine.

Darryl POV.
Time skip
Later that night.

Skeppy seemed happier after I ate something for lunch… I think. He was still just laying down in his second form, but I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. He was looking at me differently. I turned away from his gaze, deciding to ignore it.

The nurse said that if I ate enough today the IV could be removed tomorrow which was good to hear I guess. The drip in my arm was getting uncomfortable and I felt relieved when the nurse came again to deliver me dinner, which was a ham and cheese toastie and a salad from the hospital cafeteria.

I glanced over at Skeppy and the nurse did too, he had readjusted his position so that he was no longer facing me, and instead resting his head against the wall, pupils dilated as he stared
mindlessly in no particular direction.
He hadn’t eaten for the same amount of time I had and I turned to the nurse, “how long can demons go without food and water?” I asked curiously.

The nurse gave another glance to Skeppy and then looked at me solemnly. “Probably only 6 days without water and a month without food.” She explained.
We’d been here for 5 days and Skeppy hadn’t done either of those 2 things during that time. I couldn’t watch him die from dehydration, and he would in like a day or so.  I gave a small smile to the nurse and she left.

I looked over to Skeppy before taking a deep breath and standing up with the food on my tray. The IV drip lost all it’s tension so I pulled it out of my arm, probably sending out alerts to the hospital staff in the nurses station like they did every other time I took it out. The demon barely glanced at me until I sat down beside him.

My hand moved over until it was on his back and I heard him let out a growl which caused me to flinch. “Please Skeppy… eat something…” I don’t want you to die, even though you have done terrible things you still were nice to me. I can’t see you die… I didn’t say that, I couldn’t… but I wanted to.

His growls faded and his breathing slowed as he calmed down while my arms stayed wrapped around him. At some point I started crying, I hate death so please, please eat something so that you don’t die Skeppy… I’m sorry for running off.
“Please eat something Skeppy, you may have hurt my friends but I don’t want you to starve… or dehydrate.” I said between pathetic sobs.

The demon's eyes seemed to widen before I eventually felt a pair of gentle arms wrapped around me. My eyes had been screwed shut but I opened them and was looking directly into Skeppy’s eyes. “Please don’t cry Darryl…” he muttered.

I looked him up and down, looking human again for the first time in over a week. “I’m sorry… for everything.”
“It’s… okay… but please make it up to Philza and his family…” I asked the demon, “then I can forgive you.”
Skeppy purred once I said I’d forgive him. “Anything else?”
He watched as I grabbed my glass of water and held it up to him.

Skeppy took the water from me and then took several large gulps. There was still a 3rd of the glass left and I beckoned for him to continue. The ravenette rolled his eyes and lifted the glass back up to his lips. He held the water in his mouth and I raised an eyebrow in annoyance, when I opened my mouth to tell him to drink it he connected our lips in a kiss, forcing the water in my mouth.

My eyes widened and eventually our lips parted and I let out a pant, trying to regain my breath. The ravenette demon was looking past me and I turned to see a nurse standing in the room, probably here to see why I no longer had an IV in my arm.

“Sorry for disturbing sirs,” she said awkwardly, her glowing pink eyes staying focused on me as she tried to ignore the angry demon who was holding me. “But he needs the IV back in his arm… at least for the night.”
Skeppy looked over to me and then back to the nurse again before shaking his head. “He is fine now so Darryl will be coming with me.”
“I’m sorry but the doctor insisted that he-”
Skeppy let out a growl as he stood up and carried me to the door. “He’ll eat back at my house. Now step out of the way before I fight you.”

The nurse stood to the side and I was carried out of the room. I was still unsure whether I had forgiven the ravenette completely or not but this seemed a lot better.
_________________________________________
1427 words.