Chapter 32: bonding

George POV.

I felt mixed emotions as I watched Dream leave. Part of me was glad that I got to spend some time alone with my father. Another part, a bigger part, wanted to stay with him. My dad was a bit of a dick… I wanted to make sure he was okay, but I can do that later.

“What do you want to do George?” my father asked, as we put our plates away in the kitchen.
I shrugged my shoulders, “I don’t mind. As long as I can get to know you too… after these past few years at least.”
“Yeah, same. I have missed so much of your life George.” my father said as we left the dishes in the sink and headed into the hallway. “Where do you want to go?”
“There is a home cinema, if you want to go watch a movie or something.”
“That’ll be nice,” my father responded, following me to the cinema.

“So before we watch a movie can you tell me what your life after I left was like George?” my father asked curiously.
“Well… I told you a little yesterday… but after I lost you I began traveling on my own. For a while I lived off what you had taught me, about identifying edible food with poisonous ones, and trading berries with other people. I moved around a lot too, and after a year I met another boy around my age called Darryl, followed by Karl. We were all 17 at the time and a while later we found a cave which we decided to live in. Less than a year after that, just before Winter, demons found us and took us all. The demons are nice though, Dream took me, Skeppy took Darryl, and Sapnap and Quackity took Karl.”

My father listened to every word and then when I was done I turned to him and smiled. “What about you dad?”
“Well I doubt mine is as interesting as yours… but after that demon separated us she wanted to use me as a servant, she took me back to her hometown keeping me weak with a scent she released which smelt of the forest. When we got there I assumed she was taking me to her house or something, but she carried me through the main street and saw a weird wanted poster of me that the demons must have put up. She realised who I was and then went to a payphone and called… someone, probably to tell them they had found me. However she took a while and I managed to come back to my senses and run off. I hid from her in an alleyway and then managed to escape back into the forest.”

“That sounds horrible Dad… I wish that I could have found you sooner.” I said, feeling bad for what he went through with demons, it kind of explains why he thinks Dream has hurt me.

“That isn’t all George.” my father continued, “after the demons found out that I had been spotted in that town a lot of them came looking for me. I couldn’t stop to eat, sleep, or drink for ages… it was exhausting. Eventually I found a cabin with a basement, had to have been abandoned for ages but there was a bunker underneath it, probably a storm shelter and I lived there, eating things that couldn’t go bad like beans, and drinking only warm water while I spent the majority of my days figuring out how to make a machine that can get rid of the demons…”

“Oh… I am assuming that the demons found you again and you started running.” I guessed, and my father hummed in confirmation.
“That was about a month ago now that I started running again… but it was how I discovered it that is interesting.” his eyes began to sparkle as he talked. “It worked George… I made a machine that got rid of all of the demons in the area, but it ran out of power, and drew the attention of more demons… but the point is that it worked!”
I raised an eyebrow, slightly confused.
“What I’m saying George is that I still have the blueprint! If we get everything we need I can make the machine on a much grander scale. Every demon in America could be gone like that!”

“Really? A-all the demons?” my father looked over to me and nodded. “But not all of them are bad dad. Some of them are nice… like Dream.”
“I know George… I’m sorry…” he trailed off and we both sat there awkwardly.
“You know what…” he eventually said. “I will try not to, but there may be no other way… I’ll be dead if I do literally anything that the demons find out about.”
I nodded, and turned my attention away from him. “What movie do you want to watch dad?” I asked him, deciding to try and ignore what he had said.

There is no way that my dad would be able to kill all the demons, or get rid of them, or whatever he said would happen.

I put a movie on and my father turned away from me and towards the screen. My mind was running fast, I had often thought about being free, never having the demons here in the first place. But since I’ve met Dream I haven’t had to deal with any problems… besides his anger issues directed towards other demons. He provides me with food. water, a place to sleep, and although demons can be violent the majority are okay with him.

Maybe I should go warn Dream… no I can’t. I can’t turn against my father… but then again he’s been gone 3 years, and he has turned into a crazy psychopath. If I don’t Dream could end up dead. This is hard…

“I’m going to the bathroom.” I announced, my dad looked over to me and gave a nod before I left the room.
I didn't actually need the bathroom, of course, just wanted to think to myself about what I should do. As I thought I made my way to the staircase, and walked down to the first floor where Dream’s office was, planning on talking to him about it.

It took a while for me to get down there, and I stopped paying attention to where I was going as I thought. When I got brought back to attention I was standing in front of the door of Dream’s office. I raised my hand up and pressed my knuckle gently against the wooden door, planning on knocking so Dream would let me in to talk to him.

But I lowered my hand down and turned, deciding against it. Instead, I made my way up to the third floor, where my father had been staying, and opened the door. I’m going to find that blueprint.
_________________________________________
1158 words.