Chapter 25: the diner

Darryl POV.

“Why do I have to do this again?” Skeppy asked, holding the basket of gifts in his hands as I glared at him.
“Because, in case you can’t remember you, Dream, and Sapnap, pretty much murdered them last week, this is the least you could do.” I replied, “plus I only forgive you if you do this.”
The demon sighed and walked over to the door. After sending another glance back at me he knocked on it and a minute later Wilbur opened the door, his arm was in a cast and when he saw Skeppy he immediately let out a low growl.

The ravenette demon stood back and held out the basket to Wilbur. “This is just a sorry for attacking you guys… I was just paranoid after I lost my human… here are some things as a way of saying sorry.”
Wilbur kept glaring at Skeppy, but glanced down at the basket. “What’s in it?”
Skeppy glanced down in the basket. “Just some food, and some money, and some chocolate and candy too.”

The other demon took the basket from Skeppy and examined the contents with an eyebrow raised. “This doesn’t make me or any of my family forgive you for what you did for Phil, and Techno, and me.” he growled.
“I know… but it will make somebody forgive me…” Skeppy looked over his shoulder at me and Wilbur followed his gaze. I looked at Wilbur sorrowfully but he gave me a smile. Then he looked back to Skeppy and gave him a thanks.

“No thanks needed, I was being a bit of a dick I guess. I’m sorry.” Skeppy said solemnly, before turning away and not saying anything else.
He climbed into the Lamborghini but before we drove off I allowed myself to glance at the door of Philza’s house momentarily.

Wilbur was standing there and watching me, behind him I saw the familiar form of Tubbo, who was watching me just like the demon was. I gave him a wave and watched as he repeated the action before Skeppy started the car's engine and drove off. “Thank you for doing that. I know how big your ego is.” I giggled.
The demon snorted, but gave me a smile, “good to see that you are better.”
“Thank you. Good to see that you are better too.”

The rest of the ride was a content silence as he drove through the streets in the city's outskirts. We were going to see Karl and George, and Dream, Sapnap, and Quackity, and I was excited, even though I did see them yesterday.

The lamborghini eventually stopped in a car park outside of a diner near the edge of town, and I could see that Karl, George, and the other 3 demons had just arrived. I climbed out of the car before Skeppy could come over to help me.

George and Karl ran over to me and enveloped me with a big hug. “Thank god you are out of the hospital,” Karl said happily as he let me go.
“And if Skeppy ever does anything bad to you again I will personally kill him.” George added, before his demon growled at him from behind in warning.
I looked over to the demons and I smirked when I saw a twinge of jealousy in their faces but ignored it.

We headed into the diner which was quite packed, especially with families, and saw 2 empty, circular booths right beside each other. I slid in and moved over to the middle of the booth before Skeppy sat beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist and nuzzling into the side of my neck. I muttered at him to stop which he eventually did when Sapnap and Quackity slid in beside him with Karl sandwiched between them.

Karl and I exchanged annoyed but playful looks before Sapnap grabbed my friend and whispered something in his ear for only him and Quackity to hear. Whatever he said it caused Quackity to let out an annoyed growl as Karls face flushed red.
I turned away when George sat down beside me, as he also got bombarded with kisses and nuzzles from his possessive demon who he had to push off.

After a few moments all of us got annoyed and ended up climbing over them and sliding into the booth next to theirs causing them to all look over at us in slight annoyance. “Calm down,” George grumbled, “we’ve been with you guys for 2 weeks can we have a half hour for just the 3 of us.”
“Preferably no,” Quackity replied.
“Please,” Karl asked him, and Quackity sighed before responding with a ‘fine.’
All 4 of the demons grumbled objections, all of them wanting to have us stay within arms reach but they allowed us to stay with each other.

So the 3 of us talked among ourselves, ignoring some of the weird looks we got from some of the demons in the restaurant. Our possessive demons sitting in the booth beside us kept trying to listen to what we were saying which caused us to giggle slightly. We finally looked over to them when a man came to our orders, but he watched us cautiously with his glowing brown eyes as he did. The 3 of us glanced over at Dream, Skeppy, Quackity, and Sapnap, as a way of asking what we were allowed.

George ended up with a burger and fries, Karl ended up with a grilled cheese sandwich and a salad, and I ended up with a couple pieces of fried chicken. When I ordered that Skeppy seemed slightly annoyed, he probably wanted me to eat more after barely eating for the past week. I could tell that my best friends both felt the same way too.

However none of them mentioned it, and we continued talking until our food was delivered and then we sat in a content silence as we ate. Eventually I had cleared my plate, not that there was much on it in the first place. Without even sending me a glance George moved his plate so it was in front of me. I looked over to him, about to push it back but he sent me a glare, silently telling me to eat it.

Once I cleared George’s plate as well as my own, my friends seemed content. Skeppy seemed happy too, although it seemed that he’d wanted to share his food with me and not George’s. A waiter appeared to take all of our plates away and asked us if we wanted a dessert. When my two friends both nodded I decided to do the same.

After he left again we went back to talking. That was until George began staring at what was going on at the table beside ours. Standing in front of Dream, Skeppy, Sapnap, and Quackity was a tall woman with a head of short brown hair and glowing violet eyes. She was watching us as she talked.

“The 4 of you need to get your humans under control, this is a family diner, not a damn pet daycare!” she growled.
“I’ll have you know that they are under control, we allowed them to sit there and they don’t seem to be hurting anybody.” Quackity retorted.
“The diner is full, those humans are taking up too much space, what if another family comes in here and wants to eat?” she asked.
“Then I’m sure they’ll move if you ask politely.”

The woman scoffed, causing the demons to narrow their eyes, “if you had trained your humans properly then they should be sitting by your feet, like my human does.”
Dream let out a growl as he stood up, now being at eye level with the rude woman, a lot of eyes were now on the pair of them.
“How dare you tell us how we should train our humans.” he growled in a scarily low voice, his pupils dilating as he began shifting and the woman doing the same.

Suddenly there was a tall, scaled creature staring down a feathered cat demon, both giving each other a death glare. They growled at each other and I could see Skeppy, Quackity, and Sapnap getting ready to shift as well.

From either side of me Karl and George let out an audible gulp, I couldn’t help but do the same as the demons got ready to fight.
_________________________________________
1406 words.