Chapter 43: George's second form

Dream POV.

“Would George really be out here?” Fundy asked from where he was sitting, squished up beside me and leaning on me. I happily would have pushed him off but he had jumped into the car with me and Skeppy and the car is only meant to sit 2 people, so there wasn’t really enough space for him to sit somewhere else. “I mean there is nothing out this end of town except trees… and more trees… and even more trees.”

“There are some old buildings here… factories and laboratories… most of which are abandoned though…” Skeppy stated, not taking his eyes off the road as we sped down it.
“Why would your human be in an abandoned building… not the best place to hide and all the food and stuff will be old and smelly.” Fundy wrinkled his nose at the thought.
“Maybe he thinks he won’t be found there…” Skeppy shrugged slightly, before sending me a glance. “Not that he’d have run away from you…”

“Fine let me rephrase my question…” the fox said, “why would someone hold a human hostage in an abandoned factory?”
“Have you never seen an action movie, Fundy? People always hold them in abandoned factories… they are like premade torture machines.” Skeppy chuckled, and I let out a low growl causing him to mumble an apology. “Sorry Dream… I didn’t mean it like that…”
“You better not have…” I growled back furiously, “my human went missing and we’ve been looking for a day and you keep talking about how he is getting tortured!”

Skeppy averted his gaze and I began staring out the window, barely managing to hold back tears of worry. I know that George is alive…
My eyes caught on every sign that we passed, billboards that looked as though they had been put up in the 1970’s, saying about ‘thank you for visiting our town,’ and ‘we hope you come back soon’. There were also some ‘fun’ tourist attractions that I think the majority of which have been closed for decades.

I saw one that caught my eyes. They narrowed and I signaled for Skeppy to slow down, which he did. “His father used to work for P.O.G labs… didn’t he?”
Skeppy’s gaze looked over to me and he nodded. “Yeah. Dr Davidson was the head scientist… why?”
“Well he might be there… it’s the only place out here that makes sense.”

Skeppy nodded, “the turn off for the lab is a few minutes down the road.”
Fundy tilted his head to the side. “Are… are you sure that is where George will be… I don’t think that is where they would go…”
“It is worth a try, Fundy. If we get to the labs and find the security footage we’d easily find out if they are there or not. It’ll take 5 minutes.” Skeppy stated.

Fundy sighed, knowing that neither of us were going to budge before nodding. “Fine. we can go to the lab.”

George POV.

I was sitting cross-legged on the bed, my head resting in my hand as my Dad sat opposite me, we had found out some of the things that I can do. My hands can grow claws, although it hurts to do so and they aren’t as long as Dream’s are. I tried to release a scent which was vanilla, it was faint no matter how hard I tried. Maybe Dream will teach me how to control it when I see him again.

The one thing I was extremely curious about was the second form thing. Dream had a large black scaly second form, and I wondered if I had one too, and what it would look like. So far all of my demon abilities were less powerful than Dream’s were. I hoped it was something big with fangs and something, maybe wings or something.

Suddenly I heard something outside the door, it sounded like yelling but I couldn’t tell who it was, only that there were at least 3 or 4 and they were all male. I let out a whimper when I realised they were mentioning me and my father. Immediately I moved over to the door of the medlab and placed my ear against it.

I didn’t recognise 2 of the voices which were further away but a pair of voices were coming closer, and they were Corpse and Fundy. “There is no point hanging around here any more, Fundy,” Corpse growled, “grab Davidson’s son, he can be a useful hostage.”
“I will…” the fox replied, and I heard some footsteps immediately after.

“What’s going on?” my father asked, he’d moved over to me and I turned to look at him.
“They are running and planning on taking me as a hostage.” I began freaking out, worried about what was happening. I felt my entire body tensing and looked over at my dad, panicking.

“Dad?” I asked, looking worried as I fell back to the floor.
“George… you need to hi-” he stopped and looked me up and down, his eyes wide.
“What’s wrong?” I asked, but he seemed confused as to what I was saying. I attempted to stand up to be back at his eye level, but couldn’t. “Dad, what's wrong?”

“George… you’ve shifted… you have a second form…” my eyes widened as he said that, but it seemed that he couldn’t understand me.
“What do I look like in my second form?” I couldn’t help but ask, and he seemed confused as to what I was saying so I repeated it.
“George, I can’t understand you. But I think I know a place you can hide.” he said, leaning down and grabbing me in his arms.

This felt unusual and I tried to squirm out of his arms, yelling things that he clearly couldn’t understand. “Calm down and be quiet, we only have a minute until these demons arrive and I don’t want you to alert them with your screeching.”
He carried me over to a cupboard while holding my fur firmly, since I was apparently some fur covered demon.

When my dad got to it he opened the door and I saw it was full of some coats and masks and disposable gloves hanging on some coat hangers and in pockets. There were hospital gowns folded on the floor panel and my father placed me down on it before shutting one of the 2 opening doors. “Hide somewhere in here, and don’t come out no matter what,” he instructed before shutting the other door.

It left the inside of the cupboard in darkness besides a small crack in between the 2 doors which let out a little light. After letting out a small whine I turned around, my small demon form could easily fit inside one of those gowns without making it look too obvious and so I hid inside of one and curled up slightly, listening to any sign of Fundy coming to get me.
_________________________________________
1163 words.

Take your bets on what George's second form will be...